PDA

View Full Version : Disney Very Merry Xmas Party

Rikkikika
07-24-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm thinking about buying thickets for the Disney Very Merry Xmas Party. Does anyone know if you have to purchase a park pass in addition to attend? Also if you've been to this event any tips, tricks to share?

Bethis26fan
07-24-2011, 08:17 PM
You don't have to have park admission that day.

My tip is check out the shows, parades & fireworks don't focus as much on the rides, but that's just me personaly.

Donald
07-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Save your money. There are a lot of FREE Christmas activities....Candelight processional, Osborn Spectacle of lights, gingerbread house at GF, ... the list goes on.

HackLaSalle
07-25-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm on the fence. While the fireworks and parade are worth the price of admission, my girlfriend and I felt that the park was a little too crowded for a hard ticketed event. Our plan was to catch the fireworks. Do the rides then catch the second showing of the parade. All of the rides were still PACKED and so was MK in general. It was a little bit expensive and no amount of free hot chocolate and cookies could equal the cost but it was nice to feel we were getting a little something for our money aside from the fireworks and parade.

brian2000boston
07-25-2011, 02:01 PM
I don't have anything to share other than my opinion! We are going this year and not really concerned about the value. We are on vacation and there to enjoy the Christmas holiday so we will be going and that is the value to us! Anyway, whatever and however you plan your trip I am sure it will be great!!!

DNS
07-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Personally we thought the Christmas party was much better than the Halloween party, but that could be partly because we love Christmas time so much. We are going this year in mid November and have tickets to the Christmas party. The parade is fabulous! The fireworks are great too. I love the hot chocolate and cookies and the snow on Main Street. I could easily skip the other parties at magic Kingdom, but not this one. Nothing gets me started on my Christmas state of mind quite like Disney!
We always wait until around 9:00 or 10:00 to start hitting the rides. Seems to be less crowded then.

civilmousefan
07-25-2011, 04:19 PM
This will be my third Christmas party. I found that the first time that it was very crowded. The second year it wasn't so crowded. I attributed this to the first year was on a weekend where there was no school the next day and the second time I attended on a 'school night.' So, this year I scheduled it on a Sunday evening hoping for less crowds.

Katzateer
07-25-2011, 08:42 PM
We have gone many times over the years and still enjoy. Tips:

Get to park early. You can get into park a few hours before party is scheduled to start - go to entry area sign for party when get to MK gates. That way you beat the crowds. Ride Fantasyland rides first- that is the one area that seems to get most crowded.

Don't miss the parade- the second parade is less crowded.

Take advantage of the special photo ops- Cinderella's glass coach and Cinderella are usually in Fantasyland but the lines get long.

renecat
07-26-2011, 02:12 PM
This will be my third X-mas party and I've been to 2 Halloween Partys. If I had to pick one it would be the Halloween Party. But I would not want to miss either one.

Rikkikika
07-27-2011, 08:13 PM
I've heard you can get in early to the party, what "free" extra time do they give you? Can you arrive at like 3pm and walk arround?

Sylvia
07-27-2011, 09:56 PM
My tip is check out the shows, parades & fireworks don't focus as much on the rides, but that's just me personaly.

:ditto:
This is exactly what we have always done. And, when the party comes to a close, we always find a place to sit on Main Street and enjoy a treat from the Bakery. It beats rushing to the bus or monorail or ferry, only to wait in a very, very long line. By the time we're ready to leave, most guests have already gone, so there isn't a long line for our resort bus. There's nothing like sitting on Main Street, enjoying a delicious piece of cake, and watching the snow falling. A perfect end to a fun evening.

AllDisney
07-28-2011, 02:22 PM
If you have never gone before you should give it a try. We have always gone during our December trips & love the experience:thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
07-28-2011, 02:28 PM
You can get in at 4pm...we always go and get dinner...we save Fantasyland rides for the very end, as most of the kiddies are gone then. We do manage to hit all the major rides (Jungle Cruise first thing as it's closed during the party). We did the dessert party last year and found it took too much time away from the party...yes, it was great seat and eats for the fireworks, but we were eating during the first parade and wanted to get on rides for the second parade. Nothing beats sitting on the street in front of the castle for the fireworks...except people who decide to stand in front of you...we love it...and will be there in November...week night, so probably not as crowded...hopefully.

brivers222
07-28-2011, 02:49 PM
We are actually going three(3) times during our trip... for MNSSHP last October it was perfect for being able to stay at the MK later at night!

I love the 7-12am times because, lets face it, during the winter months the MK closes quite early and who doesn't like to stay in there xtra long!

In fact on our arrival day this december we are going to a party... becuase it will be the first of 3, i booked cindys castle as a special treat for my new DW... it will be a great start to our Very Magical Honeymoon!!

I do have a question about WILLCALL tickets and If i just sneak it in here, we wont have another tread....

My question is, I have WILL CALL ticket vouchers for the MVMCPs... When I check in can we get the tickets printed right there at the resort desk?!

JPL
07-28-2011, 02:56 PM
I always enjoy the party and offer you this simple tip. Spend your time enjoying the special things the party has to offer make sure you see the stage shows, watch the parade and fireworks. Think of the attractions as secondary.

Bethis26fan
07-28-2011, 03:08 PM
I thought I read last year they did away with the 4pm entry time.

07-28-2011, 03:32 PM
I thought I read last year they did away with the 4pm entry time.

Entry was available last year at 4pm. Use the East side (right side when looking at the park) turnstiles. Haven't heard of any changes this year.

Bethis26fan
07-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Ok maybe I dreamed, glad to here it wasn't changed. Now just the waiting till our party day. :) Nov 29

faline
07-28-2011, 05:54 PM
I always enjoy the party and offer you this simple tip. Spend your time enjoying the special things the party has to offer make sure you see the stage shows, watch the parade and fireworks. Think of the attractions as secondary.

I totally agree. This is exactly how I approach the party. In fact, I'm sure that there are times we never got on one ride or attraction during a party night! Of coure, there used to be more shows than there are now - like Mickey's Night Before Christmas and special entertainment at Diamond Horseshoe.

Rikkikika
07-28-2011, 09:46 PM
We did the dessert party last year and found it took too much time away from the party...yes, it was great seat and eats for the fireworks, but we were eating during the first parade and wanted to get on rides for the second parade.

Dessert Party? - I'm not familiar with this event, can you elaborate.

HackLaSalle
07-29-2011, 11:35 AM
I do have a question about WILLCALL tickets and If i just sneak it in here, we wont have another tread....

My question is, I have WILL CALL ticket vouchers for the MVMCPs... When I check in can we get the tickets printed right there at the resort desk?!

I think you have to get them at a park or at the TTC. I picked mine up at EPCOT. If I recall correctly the resort could not print them up for us. Make sure you have the credit card you paid for the tickets with you as well as ID.

Hope that helps.

07-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Pick them up at Guest Relations (will call) building at the East end of the turnstiles.

Adambomb85
07-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Just got my tickets - first time I will be attending! Quick question - if we are in the park during the day - do we have to leave at some point and reenter for the event?

07-29-2011, 05:51 PM
There will be several designated locations that will open shortly after 4pm where you will be able to go, have your ticket scanned and your wrist band will be put on.

No need to go out and come back.

dougbrans
07-29-2011, 08:13 PM
You do need an additional ticket for the MVMCP

Go ahead and order your tickets now and while you are on the phone have the CM book you a PS at LTT(or any other sit down thats taking PS that late) for say 5:30 pm you can have a nice meal and about the time you finish the party will be started:mickey:

And yes you can make PS for MVMCP as soon as the tickets went on sale .