PDA

View Full Version : Branson hotels/shows?

Disney OB RN
07-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Going to Branson, Missouri for a long weekend before school starts....taking kids (17,14,11) to Silver Dollar City & the Titanic exhibit. May possibly take in one show. Any advice? Also, looking for a reasonable hotel in a good location to avoid the traffic snarls Branson is famous for!

Itchy
07-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Going to Branson, Missouri for a long weekend before school starts....taking kids (17,14,11) to Silver Dollar City & the Titanic exhibit. May possibly take in one show. Any advice? Also, looking for a reasonable hotel in a good location to avoid the traffic snarls Branson is famous for!

I have been there quite a few time but stayed with relatives for the most part.

For lodging I would go to the Branson web site and they have links to all kinds of Hotel / Motels. They even offer packages that may fit your vacation.

I have stayed at the Super 8 there and if I remember correctly it was about $70 a night and it was off the beaten path and near the action.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

Disney OB RN
07-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks......I've been looking on Trip Advisor so far.....wish I was going to Orlando for the weekend!!!

Disney OB RN
08-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Disney Lovers return from Branson, Missourri:
The hotel we chose based on recommendations from family who had stayed there was the Barrington Hotel; location is off the "strip", which was a big plus. It was near major attractions, and an easy drive to Silver Dollar City. The hotel was very clean and its staff hospitable. Our rates were $67 weekday/$70 weekend per night with no extra charge for 5 to a room. The best thing we did was tour the College of the Ozarks museums and eat there at the Keeter Center: WONDERFUL!!! We spent two days at Silver Dollar City. Of course, you compare everything to WDW: but I will say that in the South, this is the cleanest park next to Disney I've toured; people very, very friendly. (But I still miss WDW!) As far as the Branson shows are concerned, my kids wanted to go see the Legend of Kung Fu-it was great!!! Next trip to an amusement park will be DIsney!!!!

NJGIRL
08-09-2011, 11:44 AM
We have thought about going out there, but have never made it. Glad you had a good time.