PDA

View Full Version : Longest Trip, Longest Visit

texas211
07-22-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm just curious. How long as someone stayed a disney resort (including if you changed resorts during your stay)? How many days, per trip, did you go to the parks?

Such as my longest. Stayed at the resorts 8 days, 7 days at the parks.

AlliMo
07-22-2011, 07:07 PM
My family and I once stayed at Disney for 12 days and did 2 days beforehand at Universal...so a two week vacation! That seemed long but awesome!

ransam
07-22-2011, 07:41 PM
i think the longest was 8 days/7 nights....

IloveDisney71
07-22-2011, 07:54 PM
It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, we were there for 7 days, 8 night. We got there late one afternoon so we just went to downtown Disney. We went to the parks 7 days.

Mfarquar
07-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Our longest to Disney ever has been 10 nights, 11 days. That's our longest and has quickly become our "norm". There have been times when we did ALL Disney. Other times we do 1 or 2 days at Universal and the rest at Disney. We NEVER have a non-park day.

johnO
07-22-2011, 09:39 PM
11 Days in February 2007. We stayed at Pop Century. Went to all the parks, at least twice, went to a ton of restaurants, and spent a heck of a lot of money. It was so great. We ended up going back in the fall of 2007 for a week during free dining. Thats when we discovered the Food & Wine Festival.

Going2HeavenRU
07-22-2011, 09:48 PM
We go 9 days 8 nights and spend all 9 days in the parks right up until it is time to leave for the airport. I like to arrive on Fridays now instead of Saturdays since the crowds at the airport and check-in seem to be smaller. We have stayed at the Pop each time we have gone so far. We are heading back this November to the same place and for the same amount of time.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-22-2011, 10:06 PM
10 nights and days/plus part of an 11th day at the resort

Belle--86
07-23-2011, 01:37 AM
We stayed 13 nights-14 days twice. Th first we split stayed at the Poly and POFQ and the secound was at the ASM-- family suit with one nigt prior stay at Airport Hyatt-- so I guess that makes it 14 nights 15 days. We are already planing next trip August 2012 with 6 nights at Universal and 7 nights at Disney-- ? new resort Art of Animation family suit. BUT let's get through this years trip Sept.25 to Oct. 2, just counting the days.:)

MrPeetrie
07-23-2011, 09:58 AM
So far, our longest stay is 9 nights at the Coronado Springs resort. On our upcoming trip, it will be 10 nights.

In the past, I have tried to schedule a "day off property" to explore other adventures in Orlando. But, that never happens. When the day comes, my DW says, "I don't want to waste a day away from Disney."

texas211
07-23-2011, 10:12 AM
I generally agree, but I do enjoy Sea World and Universal, though less after Kong and Back to the Future left. Jaws goes, and I'll be down to Disney and Seaworld.

darthmacho
07-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Last summer's trip was the longest so far at 10 days (9 nights), but since we always reserve the first and last days for the home resort, and we took a break from the parks one day, we only had a 7 day hopper pass.

So the current answer is 10/7, but we hope to break that record next year with 14/10. We're planning on staying the whole 14 days on WDW property, but we're just doing 10 days at the parks, because as I said, we stay at the resort on the first and last days, and we'll be reserving days for Downtown Disney, and Blizzard Beach, which I suppose would count as a park? If so, that'll make it 14/11. It's not even booked yet, so let's not count our chickens, right? :chicken::chick::chick::chick::mickey:

marlyn
07-23-2011, 10:49 AM
I have never been for less than 2 weeks. Longest was 15 days. Because we travel so far, we go for 2 weeks and every day is a park day! We don't rush and try new adventures each time.

crltkcagle
07-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Longest was ten nights eleven days. That is about what we average. This year will be much shorter since we are going during the school year. Only 8 days and 8 nights.

texas211
07-23-2011, 05:50 PM
I should have asked. These long stays, does that include the waterparks?

I'd like to try Typhoon Lagoon. Went to an ol fashioned watering hole when i was a kid, but would like Typhoon. Maybe if I up our stay.

EeyoresBestFriend
07-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Onsite at FQ for 18 days. When you come in from the West Coast ~ you gotta make it worth your time!! :thumbsup:

Loved it!! :cloud9:

texas211
07-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Wow, 18. Well, the refill cups are definitely a good idea for you :)

Zawadi
07-23-2011, 06:59 PM
From the UK most vacation packages are either 7 or 14 nights.

We've done both types of trips staying at AKL, YC and BC. All of our trips include 14 day hopper tickets for parks, water parks & DisneyQuest. Howerver we do take some time to visit the malls or other attractions: Busch Gardens in Sept 2005, Sea World in Sept 2010 and Universal in Sept 2012.

Gator
07-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Onsite at FQ for 18 days. When you come in from the West Coast ~ you gotta make it worth your time!!

I know the feeling. I used to go in on Saturday and return the next Saturday, but 6 days in the parks always left me wanting more.

Now we stay 9 nights and 8 full days in the parks. That way, we can hit each park twice during our visit. Actually, on this last trip we hit DHS only once and went to the MK 3 times. But next time, Star Tours will be open so we'll probably go back to our 4Park2D formula.

This post really makes me want to start booking a trip.:mickey:

EpcotFan182
07-23-2011, 10:49 PM
The longest I've done was 8 days/7 nights

Brer Mickey
07-23-2011, 11:34 PM
12 Days has been our longest stay. However, because we also travel so far, (2300 miles) we like to make the most of our time amidst the magic, but rarely do we stay at just one resort.

We buy annual passes and will typically use them 2-3 times during the year getting 20-30 days use out of the pass.

We would probably do more days, but alas, our DVC points seem to to run out befor we get all the fun out.

TheVBs
07-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Our longest is 10 days in the parks, including at least one day at a water park. And since we did it the first time that has become our norm. :mickey:

Gibbs
07-24-2011, 04:24 PM
10 days, 9 nights was our longest. We did all the parks, both water parks, the girls had tea at the GF and my son and I played golf. This was during free dining in September, so the parks were less crowded and we all gained about 10 pounds a piece.LOL!!:thumbsup::cloud9:

Dsnygirl
07-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Longest trip to date -- 10 nights at a resort, 9 days in the parks.

Upcoming trip in August -- 11 nights at a resort, 10 days in the parks. Can't wait!! :D

garymacd
07-25-2011, 01:18 PM
About 17 days.

Our very first trip to WDW in 1994 was a combined Get-Over-Grief and Meet-My-Wife's-Penpal-And-Family trip. We planned it for four years with this family from Stockport, England and were looking so forward to it that we all thought we would burst.

Unfortunately, a year before we were to leave, my MIL was diagnosed with a recurrence of her breast cancer. That was in March. We spent the next four months preparing to move either one or both of my in-laws into our house by adding wheelchair ramps, extra bathroom facilities and closing in our living room for a bed/sitting room for them.

In July, she died and my father-in-law moved in with us. We continued to plan the trip around him, but with all the upheaval going on in our lives, we really couldn't focus on it, or grieving for my wife's mother, or anything except getting up every day and carrying on with our lives as best as possible. I didn't have a full night's sleep for six months.

My father-in-law was not in great health, either, and over the next six months, he failed even faster. Mostly, I think, from a broken heart. He was insistent that he was going to come with us - something we weren't looking forward to, due to his declining condition and the fact that we were driving down. Five of us in a car and hotels for three or four days was not a pleasing prospect. In the end, he didn't come with us. He passed away in December, just before Christmas.

We were to leave on our trip in mid-February and return mid-March. U.S. Customs agents were not pleased and questioned how we could afford to be gone that long. Our answer: very understanding employers and grief.

Our trip included:

About six days of travel to and from Florida.

Two days in Cocoa Beach with a trip to Kennedy Space Centre.

Ten days in CBR. They wouldn't let us stay longer then for some reason.

Three days in Hollywood visiting my wife's aunt and uncle.

Three days in St. Petersburg Beach with a side trip to Busch Gardens one day and another day watching the Toronto Blue Jays in spring training in Dunedin. (We still have Joe Carter's autograph)

Then back to WDW for a final three days spent at Poly for a total of about 13 days at WDW.

The worst part was that out of those 13 days we could only go to the parks for 10 days. That was the longest pass we could get then. I guess we could have bought more.

We did kind of enjoy ourselves that trip, but getting used to new people, being away that long with young children and dealing with the exhaustion and grief in our lives really put a damper on the whole trip.

We decided when we got back home that we would have to do it again, just to make sure we really did have fun.

And then we had to do it again - and again - and again...

BigRedDad
07-26-2011, 08:09 AM
Longest was 7 nights :(

I am already thinking about plans for 2021 and how many days I am staying. Unfortunately, my DD will be in high school then so much of the trip will be in the Summer. I will be spending 2 weeks there at one time and another week another time.

Mickey'sGirl
07-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Our longest stay was 12 nights (9 at the BWI and 3 at the Poly) and it was the best trip ever! Typically, we go for 10 nights. We aren't extreme park-ers, so we like the coming and going and pool time that comes with a longer holiday. :mickey:

iceicebritney
07-26-2011, 08:41 AM
14 nights, 15 days. 7 nights at WL and 7 at Beach Club. This was also a surprise trip for my Birthday:mickey: best trip ever!

We went to the parks every day. We didn't get up at rope drops but we certainly were in the parks daily. It's hard to believe, but no matter how long your there there is always something you missed!

Epc0tphr34k
07-26-2011, 08:56 AM
i think the longest was 10 days 9 nights when i was small, like i think it was around my 6th birthday

jaredkari
07-26-2011, 09:21 AM
We stayed for 10 day 9 nights a few years ago at Riverside and then a few weeks ago 7 days 7 nights at Poly.

We had a great time but the funny thing is by the 6 and 7 day we basically had done most everything we wanted to do and at point you begin to just get sick of fighting the crowd. On this past trip we went down the Keys after WDW that was nice. I am begining to think 5 days is my max during the busy times of year.

dizneydeb22
07-26-2011, 09:43 AM
My family stayed for 10 days, 9 nights. We did Universal for 2 days, but always made it back in time for EMH at one of the parks!!:mickey:

kaylamag
07-26-2011, 09:44 AM
We stayed at POP in 2008 for 10 nights/ 11 days. We did Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Quest too.
We are going in December this year and staying at Beach Club for 14 nights/ 15 days with a 10 day ticket. No water parks this time. We are doing a day at IOA though. I am hoping to be able to take advantage of SAB on our non park days if the weather cooperates.

yjgirl32
07-26-2011, 12:28 PM
SO far the longest was 10 nights 11 days but Sept of this year we are doing 11 nights 12 days. We are taking 1 day off to go to Seaworld- we have passes.

Giselle
07-26-2011, 01:47 PM
I've done 12 days and it was great. 10 days seems ideal though. It's enough time to do everything you want, hit all your fave restaurants and relax. You don't have to feel like you have to rush around to make sure you get on Dumbo or whatever before it's time to go.

tyandskyesmom
07-26-2011, 04:11 PM
16 nights/17 days in 18 more days!!!!!!

Pop Centurion
07-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Last year we did 14 nights/15 days. Doing it again this year.

applecore72
07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
We usually stay for at least 2 weeks (it's a long flight from Sweden). Last time we did 16 nights with split stays (also stayed at Vero Beech so I don't know if it counts?). We usually go to other parks as well and just enjoy ourselves in Orlando (nice mall for instance).

This upcoming trip we'll stay with Disney for 15 nights but with a 5 night cruise included :mickey:

Oh - and when we go we usually go to the Disney Parks for somewhere between 5 and 10 days.

peter's #1 fan
07-27-2011, 12:18 PM
one time we stayed 11 nights and 12 days come in early and leave late this time we will be 9 nights and 10 days

AllDisney
07-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Our stays are usually 7 nights / 7 days at the parks. We do the parks everyday and haven't done a water parks in many years.

We do AKL in a day and that leaves 6 days to spend 2 days each at the remaining parks:thumbsup:

Each trip we try at least one new restaurant.:mickey:

princessgirls
07-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Longest Trip...10 days 9 nights this August

Shortest Trip...One day June of 2010

Most of our trips are one week, but the price was right in August so we are going from Saturday-the following Monday night.
So excited!!!
Julie:mickey:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
07-28-2011, 08:22 AM
This upcoming vacation, we are staying 11 nights and 12 days at CBR. I am most excited because it is the first trip with just my family (DW, DS9, and DD3) and we chose not to go with friends and family. With me working my tail off throughout the year, along with school schedules, and little league baseball all throughout the summer (started in early April and we are still 3 weeks away from finishing tournaments) I felt that it was necessary to have close to 2 weeks of uninterrupted time with just US. I will treasure my time in WDW, but to be there and to be able to make those memories with just US will make this a trip very special.

seanyred
07-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Our Honeymoon was 18 days of doing nothing but going to the parks. A year later for our 1st anniversary we went 15 days. I must say that 18 day trip was amazing, no pressure to see things at certain times, if a park or ride was busy we would just go somewhere else.

Silver_Surfer
07-28-2011, 10:35 AM
16 days 14 nights:mickey:

kurt
07-28-2011, 01:12 PM
i was stayed 14 days at WDW. :goofy:

buzznwoodysmom
07-28-2011, 01:46 PM
When we first started going it was one week, 7 nights, every time. Somehow over the years our normal stay has become 9 nights. We sometimes stay 7 nights at the resort we picked for that trip, then I'll add 2 nights at a new resort as a surprise for our kids.

Our longest stay was 11 nights. We arrived one night early and stayed at All Star Movies, then we had a 7 night stay at the Beach Club, followed by a surprise 3 night stay at the Poly.

Minnie_Mouse
07-29-2011, 04:18 PM
our longest trip is the one that is coming up. we are staying for just about 2 weeks. all disney. i am super excited!!:)

RAIDER
08-01-2011, 03:23 AM
Ours is 14 days /13 nights mostly every year in Dec.
We tend to do 3 to 4 WD parks and travel to see a NFL game in Florida and always visit Busch Gardens IOA and sometimes Seaworld .
This year were going to head to the new Lego land :thumbsup:

whitney37354
08-02-2011, 11:44 AM
6 nights/7 days

Kathy Jetson
08-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Last Oct. we stayed 8 nights, 9 days, with 6 park days. We wanted to stay 9 nights 10 days with 7 parks days next June but unless they come out with a discount it will be the same as last time.

ImLovinDisney
08-06-2011, 06:50 PM
We stayed 15 days 14 nights in 2004, we did parks all but one day, that day we played mini golf and just shopped! It was a great time, but I did miss my pets! :mickey:

Magic Smiles
08-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Our longest visit was 20 days. We always go for at least 2 weeks now as airfare is so expensive for us flying from Canada.

DNS
08-07-2011, 01:12 PM
11 days/10 nights

Daddy Mouse
08-08-2011, 02:59 PM
10 Nights we camped at Fort Wilderness. DS was turning 12 and his Irish Twin, DD was turning 11. It was an interesting trip from the time we left till the time we arrived back home. Some of my best vacation stories, that could have been added to National Lampoon's Vacation.