PDA

View Full Version : Some Thoughtful Resort Questions

darthmacho
07-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Some of these questions will likely overlap, but perhaps they won't. In any case, I hope you enjoy answering them and sharing your experiences... :mickey:

1. What's you're favorite resort, and why? Perhaps you haven't even stayed there yet...

2. Specifically, what is your best resort experience? For instance, give the resort, when you stayed, and some details as to the great things that you enjoyed...

3. What resort do you like to visit even when you aren't staying there? Why?

4. Which resort has the best dining? What do you love about it?

5. Perhaps there have been other resorts besides your favorite at which you've had a great stay. What are they and what was great about them?

Thanks for answering! :mickey:

darthmacho
07-22-2011, 02:19 PM
My answers:

1. What's you're favorite resort, and why? Perhaps you haven't even stayed there yet...

My favorite is the Wilderness Lodge. The theming is perfect, and the way that it delights all five senses is incredible. The sight of the courtyard and main lobby, the sounds of the bubbling geyser and river, the flavors of the food, and best of all, that smoky, woodsy smell!

2. Specifically, what is your best resort experience? For instance, give the resort, when you stayed, and some details as to the great things that you enjoyed...

It has to be the Wilderness Lodge, 1998. It was our honeymoon, and our first ever WDW trip. It was simply magical.

My trip wouldn't be fulfilling without a trip to the Wilderness Lodge. It completes me...lol.

Again, the Wilderness Lodge. Artist Point is my favorite restaurant in the whole world, and Whispering Canyon is in the top five!

5. Perhaps there have been other resorts besides your favorite at which you've had a great stay. What are they and what was great about them?

My top choice here is Port Orleans Riverside. I loved this resort for a LOT of reasons, but most of all, it was the place at which we first stayed as a family of four. Coronado Springs was beautifully themed and a great return trip in 1999. I also had great dining experiences at both of these resorts. All Stars Music was the least of the group, but a pleasant surprise. It really had that WDW feel to it. Thinking of staying at Pop Century next time, and I'm already hooked. I think it's the picture of the Tie Dye cheesecake I'm obsessing over... 379 days to go!

snowflakegirl
07-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Well I've only stayed on property four times, so I guess my answers are a little limited by my experience, but I don't know how much will change with stays at other resorts.

I love the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I knew I wanted to stay there before it was opened, I fell in love with it when I went for dinner once, and when I stayed there, I loved it even more. I love the theming and I love animals, so having them right outside is an extra bonus.

I stayed at AKL for my last trip a year ago. It was exactly what we were hoping for and even more. It was my boyfriend's first trip, so I'm sure some of my opinion is colored by his excitment and joy, but it was perfect.

AKL. Although on our next trip, I'd like to visit a few of the resorts I haven't stayed at yet, like the Wilderness Lodge and the Poly just to get an idea of them.

I love Boma! Love, love, love it. I am looking forward to checking out the food options at the Poly on our next trip. I keep hearing great things about Kona Cafe. And I often stop by Pop Century for a slice of tie-died cheesecake.

Contemporary. I loved the location and hopping on the monorail in the morning. I also enjoyed Pop Century for what it was.

CajunDisneyDad
07-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Macho,

That cheese cake is to Dye for :P It is wonderful lol

SBETigg
07-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Grand Floridian. It was my honeymoon resort, fairly new at the time, and it just won my heart, feels like home.

All good. One doesn't stand out as much as others, and that would be my stay at POR. We felt out of the magic there. Otherwise, all stays have highlights that make them outstanding.

Animal Kingdom Lodge. Not sure I will ever stay there, but I love the theme and feel of it, and love the shops and restaurants.

Grand Floridian. A few of them are pretty close, but I love all of the GF offerings (and there are quite a few).

The Polynesian is a very close second to the GF for us, and sometimes we stay there for a change of pace.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-22-2011, 05:15 PM
1. Favorite-Wilderness Lodge-It will be our first deluxe experience and I am hoping it won't let me down.

2. Best Experience-Coronado-we loved Pepper Market and thought the bus service was very efficient.

3. I like to visit Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian at Christmas to look at the decorations

4. Love to eat at the Poly-Kona breakfast was the best ever and trying Ohana in December

5. Other Great Stays-All Star Movies and Pop-can honestly say I've enjoyed every Disney resort so far

148 days till next visit

IloveDisney71
07-22-2011, 09:40 PM
1. What's you're favorite resort, and why? Perhaps you haven't even stayed there yet...The Animal Kingdom Lodge - I have not stayed there yet but I plan to one day. We ate at Boma's and I just loved the feel of the resort.

2. Specifically, what is your best resort experience? For instance, give the resort, when you stayed, and some details as to the great things that you enjoyed...The Poly. It's beautiful. We stayed there at Christmas and it was amazing. I loved the tropical feel of the resort and the CM's were so friendly! I enjoyed walking around and seeing the landscaping and watching Wishes from the beach.

3. What resort do you like to visit even when you aren't staying there? Why? The Poly so we can eat at Ohana.

4. Which resort has the best dining? What do you love about it? Poly - Ohana - we've never had a bad experience there. The food and servers are amazing.

5. Perhaps there have been other resorts besides your favorite at which you've had a great stay. What are they and what was great about them? CBR - I loved the feel of this resort. I enjoyed walking around the lake in the morning. It was always quiet. & CS - This resort was beautiful too. I enjoyed the landscaping and theme of this resort too. The food court had a great variety of food.

disneymomma2010
07-23-2011, 09:46 AM

I would love to stay at animal kingdom lodge. I have been there twice for boma and it is beautiful. I would love to have a view of the animals every morning.

We stayed at riverside last october and it always felt like coming home every evening. Its so beautiful and quite, feels like you are in the country.

I love visiting wilderness. We love to go to wispering canyon. The boat ride is nice in the evening.

Wilderness lodge, wispering canyon, and poly, ohana has been our favorites.:thumbsup:

my first disney resort was pofq when I was twelve. We were there in febuary. I will never forget going to the pool at night and swimming, then jumping in the hot tub to get warmed up enough so we could run back to our rooms before we froze to death!

hauntedmansiongirl
07-24-2011, 10:31 PM

Wilderness Lodge. We love the ambiance and rustic decor.

Our first stay at Fort Wilderness was our first trip as a couple to WDW. We loved everything about it- Trails End Buffet, the horses, the late night smores and movies. And the bathrooms are the nicest campground bathrooms we've ever seen. Boy, do we miss our RV!

The Contemporary! What could be cooler than having a monorail go right through your hotel!

The Contemporary! California Grill and the oak fired filet of beef. My mouth waters just thinking about it! Chef Mickey's and The Wave are pretty darn good too!

Port Orleans Riverside- lush landscaping, peaceful and serene (great for late night walks)

garymacd
07-25-2011, 01:45 PM
It's a toss-up between WL and POFQ. Love the theming at both. Love the size of both. They are both easy to get around. Both strike a chord in us that is very appealing.

POFQ has to be our best resort for cost, theming, value and size. Ooh. I almost forgot the beignets!

Well, WL, of course, but we have also stayed at OKW which was great, and POR which is also very nice. Both are a little larger than we like. We like to get around the resort easily. Easier for my wife to walk those short distances.

We love GF and WL for the dining, but we also had a very nice meal at Boatwrights at POR last trip

We have also stayed a couple of times at CBR. Theming was beautiful but we found it too large for our liking.

KAT1811
07-25-2011, 01:53 PM

Old Key West because the resort is so quiet and peaceful, the transportation is the best I have ever experinced in WDW, the rooms are larger than the other Deluxe resorts, the boat to DTD . . . I could go on and on. . .

Our last trip to WDW was to Old Key West. We traveled with our 4 children and my parents. In the early morning, pre-dawn, hours I would walk DS around in his stroller so we didn't wake anyone else up. On our first morning at OKW I didn't realise I wouldn't be able to get a cup of coffee that early but in my search one of the CMs from Bell Services came out and took pity on me. He went back into their back room and got me a cup of piping hot coffee and told me to come back as often as I liked. From there on out is was just one more smiling, helpful face after another. By far my favorite resort stay ever.

The Polynesian, 'Ohana, need I say more? ;) I also love the warm tropical feel of the resort and the views from outside. On our last trip we took our family photos on the beach and around the grounds of the Poly and they came out fabulous.

The Yacht Club is our favorite dining resort because we love the Yachtsman Steakhouse. In our experience they have the best food and service in all of WDW. Friendly and attentive while not being overly so. Our 4 children are welcomed and as well taken care of as we are. Plus we are huge steak lovers.

We love Coronado Springs, the staff has always been so welcoming and attentive to us. We made friends with one of the bartenders who makes the best sangria I have ever had. He teases us about our vacationing habits saying we travel like the Europeans because we stay so long. The grounds are great and the bus service, in our experience, is second only to OKW. The pool is one of our favorites as well.

:mickey:

Tinkerbella16
07-25-2011, 04:32 PM
1. What's you're favorite resort, and why?

My favorite resort that I've stayed at so far is Port Orleans French Quarter.. I absolutely fell in love with the place as soon as we walked off the DME bus and it was nothing but great and amazing experiences there the entire stay!

My favorite resort that I have not stayed at would have to be the Polynesian! The first time I ever visited this resort I was 6 years old and I never knew then, that every year since 1992, I'd make it tradition to go back and visit the Poly on every trip whether it be for a meal at O'hana or Kona or just walking around. I love the atmosphere so much and it is my dream to one day stay there.. JUST ONCE!!! :mickey:

2. Specifically, what is your best resort experience?

I'd have to say POFQ. My Mother and I stayed here Nov 2008. We just loved everything about the place. I've stayed at all the value and all the moderates and POFQ has my heart for sure. The mousekeeping was great! The resort was very clean. The size of the resort was perfect.. no matter where your room is, you are close to everything. I loved having the boat to DTD- that is a great plus to get away from the busses for a bit. I just love this resort all around. The staff was so helpful and very nice.

I'd have to go with the Poly.. read my answer to question #1 for Why! :mickey:

So hard to choose. I've been to so many resort restaurants and I love them all!! O'hana at the Poly for dinner and Kona for breakfast are my absolute faves!! Chef Mickeys is at the top of my list also.. great breakfast buffet! I also love Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL for dinner!! Soooo yummy!!

I really liked Port Orleans Riverside.. it was just too big in size, I guess bc we put in the furthest room possible from the main area. But I really enjoyed it there.. the atmosphere was great so we didn't mind being too far and we had the West Depot bus stop right outside our room. I also really enjoyed Pop Century.. its the best of the values in my opinion! Fun, spread out, and bright!! We love it there!

Dulcee
07-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Polynesian... it was the resort of choice from my childhood though I can hardly afford to stay there now.

Polynesian. The valet lost our rental car key (only had one!) and they had a 3 day lag before the rental company in NJ could get it back to us. The Poly provided a personal car with a driver who was our very own chauffeur until the new key showed up. He would drop us at the front of the park and be there when we were ready to leave. When the new one showed up we all wanted it to disappear again.

Polynesian. Love Kona and Ohana

Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge

Mousemates
07-25-2011, 09:06 PM
1. What's you're favorite resort, and why? Wilderness Lodge - location and theming.

2. Specifically, what is your best resort experience? Tie between Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon Suite and Sugar Loaf at GF - we did a split stay last year at both for our 25th Anniversary and both stays were outstanding.

3. What resort do you like to visit even when you aren't staying there? We always spend time at the monorail resorts even when we don't stay there..especially the GF...love the atmosphere in the eveing when the orchestra plays.

4. Which resort has the best dining? What do you love about it? Wilderness Lodge...Artist Point is my favorite restaurant in WDW.

5. Perhaps there have been other resorts besides your favorite at which you've had a great stay. What are they and what was great about them? We've at a several resorts and enjoyed all of them.

iceicebritney
07-26-2011, 09:26 AM
1. What's you're favorite resort, and why? The Polynesian. I have the best memories at the resort from my childhood. The resort is so beautifully themed and it's on the monorail:mickey:

2. Specifically, what is your best resort experience? In the 90's, I won a trip to WDW. It was fabulous because as a teen, I got to take my family to Disney for a change instead of them taking me:mickey: We stayed at the Grand Floridian, ate at all of the A-mazing restaurants with the original dining package and enjoyed the spa. Everyone at the grand floridan made this trip so special. I'll never forget it

3. What resort do you like to visit even when you aren't staying there? Why? Beach Club, it's beautiful and I always have a great time at beaches and cream.

4. Which resort has the best dining? Poly What do you love about it? They have a great selection. Nothing is better than stuffing yourself at O'hana and having the ability to just walking a few feet to your room afterwords

5. Perhaps there have been other resorts besides your favorite at which you've had a great stay. What are they and what was great about them? Yacht and Beach Club for the close proximity to Epcot and the nearby nightlife at the Boardwalk. Coronado Springs also is a truly lovely resort and has a lot of amenities for a "moderate." We also enjoyed it's closeness to blizzard beach

Darth Macho, :thanks: for starting this topic! It really was a great idea and I'm enjoying reading everyone's responses:mickey:

dizneydeb22
07-26-2011, 10:18 AM
My favorite resort is the Polynesian. It was where my husband and I stayed for our Honeymoon. That is where our obsession started

Our best resort experience was at the POR. Both my family and my sisters family went as a promise to our Mom who had just passed away. She made us promise we would take our children to WDW, as she was sick for 2 years and we all chipped in to care for her. We went for Thanksgiving and although the first holiday was rough, being in wDW eased the pain a little.
Love to visit the POFQ for the Benigets and the boatride to DTD.

Polynesian- O'hana is our all time favorite. We always go to Captain Cooks one morning for Tonga Toast and then to the coffee bar for a great cup of coffee.

The Pop Century is great. We always go with our nephews and our first time there, they had a ball! They still talk about it. They were 12, 12, and 11 at the time and they are 19, 19, and 18 now! The larger than life icons, great pools, etc.