PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Coast Highway

IwannabeinNarnia
07-22-2011, 12:59 PM
This isn't exactly a DL question.. but I'm hoping anyone from the area could answer this. I'm going to DL in October with some friends and we want to drive a portion of the pacific Coast Highway on our arrival day. What point do you suggest we 'enter' the highway? We were thinking around Huntington beach or maybe Seal Beach? And how far down should we go. With the plane landing times and such we think we'll be able to be 'on the road' around 12 or 12:30, but we will have dinner ressies at Goofy's Kitchen at 5:30.. so can we even do this in that time frame? We really just want to see the Pacific Ocean!

tinkwest
07-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Which airport are you flying in to?

IwannabeinNarnia
07-25-2011, 09:17 AM
we are flying into John Wayne Airport. We will go to DL first though and check into our hotel. We are renting our car from the car place located in Downtown Disney. So we'll leave for the Pacific Coast from Disney.

Disney4us2
07-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Don't forget about the traffic in LA. It is usually horrible in the afternoon, even on weekends.

This past Saturday we left Disneyland early around 3pm and the traffic was bumper to bumper going North, as well as South heading back to Disneyland area. The only time it is really open is early in the morning.

I live about an hour (50 miles) North of DL. In the morning it can take about 40 -45 minutes to get to DL. Going back home (usually around 10pm) it can take an hour or more.

Since you have dinner reservations, I would not chance getting stuck in traffic. If you were flying into LAX it might be doable since the airport is not that far from PCH.

Good luck and have a great trip.:mickey: