PDA

View Full Version : single rider vs. fastpass?

exvagirl
07-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Going back to the world in August, and since it will just be my mom (who is not a coaster person) and me, I was curious as to which line usually goes faster, single rider, or fastpass. Usually I have another family member to get on line with, so I have no experience with the single rider line. Any advice or opinions would be helpful :) Thanks!!! :coaster:

Scar
07-21-2011, 08:03 PM
I would say that in an "average" situation, single rider is faster. But I have been in situations where it was longer. I would say use the fastpass for another ride and do single rider.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-21-2011, 08:41 PM
My son rode Expedition Everest Christmas week 17 times in a row using single rider line....in my opinion the faster way to go

exvagirl
07-21-2011, 09:06 PM
My son rode Expedition Everest Christmas week 17 times in a row using single rider line....in my opinion the faster way to go

Glad to hear this cause it's one of my favorites :D

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-22-2011, 08:13 AM
Glad to hear this cause it's one of my favorites :D

This was early in the morning too...we got there at rope drop and went there first...we were actually waiting for friends who ended up running late that's why he rode so many times....:D

jnfr2424
07-27-2011, 11:38 AM

I've done this myself and it was during Thanksgiving week. I originally had FP because the single rider line was not open yet (still early in the am) then when I got off I went back on EE about 10 more times using single rider line

brivers222
07-27-2011, 12:02 PM
I am in the same boat with my Fiancee... She is not a coaster person at all, but I love them. So i was thinking doing single rider lines to make it go faster... hopefully!

Totodog
07-27-2011, 12:31 PM
single rider basically has no time window you have to adhere to (like fastpass) and can be done over and over again.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-27-2011, 12:35 PM
My DH loves the thrill rides, and DD and I just can't handle them.

So, we do lots of FP for him, and lots of single rider. Usually, the single rider is a bit shorter, but we don't have to wait for the FP window to open up.

RBrooksC
07-27-2011, 03:31 PM
The Single Rider line is fine if you ARE a single rider. If you enter a single rider line with a group of people thinking you can beat the system, they WILL split up your group.

So, if you don't mind riding a ride alone, then go the single rider line.

K8screen
07-31-2011, 12:43 PM
DD and I used single rider lines a few years back and we were almost never split up. We were fine with being split when it did happen, and they may have changed the system since.

epceddie
08-02-2011, 12:53 AM

How long did it take him to do that? That's awesome. My wife went on it once and vowed never again. I loved it.

DisneyDINK
08-02-2011, 10:00 AM
My last trip I used the single rider line on RnR and there were a group of teens (20 or so!) clogging it up. They knew they would get split up, they just didn't care; they just wanted to save time. They weren't breaking the rules per se, but I wasn't thrilled. Anyhow, I shrugged it off and had a good ride.