PDA

View Full Version : A helpful tip for left-over dining credits

WDWCrazyKaren
07-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Earlier this year, we found ourselves with four unused quick service credits. We had just finished breakfast and got our receipt, and we had no idea we still had four unused quick service credits. Well, I found a family of four that was grabbing their meals and asked them if they were on the dining plan. When the mom advised they were not, and that it was their first day and their first trip to WDW, I offered to purchase breakfast for them. They were floored! They did end up having to pay for one extra juice, but were so pleased and I hope it made their first trip magical! Easy and nice way to get rid of those meal credits we weren't going to use anyway.

DebK
07-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Wow! That was really kind of you. Thanks for sharing that! It made me smile.....:thumbsup:

DisneyMom12
07-21-2011, 01:25 PM
That was really nice.

Ms. Mode
07-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Wow! That was really kind of you. Thanks for sharing that! It made me smile.....:thumbsup:

Me too! That was really sweet of you, it's never crossed my mind and we've had leftover credits before too. Next time...... :thumbsup:

brivers222
07-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Excellent job!

I have done that a few times with snacks left over and "bought" some for people on our way out.

I find it odd though, that you are allowed to do that with QS credits but you aren't allowed to gift TS credits at the end of your trip... Or at least they outwardly frown on this.

I personally like the idea to be able to pay it forward.

gerald72
07-21-2011, 02:26 PM
You are allowed to because technically you are buying the food for yourself, and giving them the food- not the credits. A table service is different. You can't "give away" the service of sitting down for a meal. But you could get your meal to go, and hand it to them.

WDWCrazyKaren
07-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Well, we were headed on Magical Express about 20 minutes later, so there was not a gosh darn thing we could do with them. No reason get on the bus with 'em!

It was actually a small snafu on Disney's part that we had four. We thought we only had two left, but we found out that a computer from the day before was down, and they never took off 2 of our QS credits. They had two meals on Disney too! :thumbsup: We both shared in their happiness.

tazlikesrobots
07-21-2011, 04:21 PM
That is awesome!