PDA

View Full Version : New Little Mermaid Ride at WDW

Disney Ambassador
07-20-2011, 03:32 PM
I think a unique Little Mermaid ride should be built in the new Fantasy Land at WDW. A Pirates type boat ride. Since an elaborate building is being constructed, why would they put a boring Finding Nemo type ride there. I think its a waste and shows little imagination. It's one thing, to have the Finding Nemo ride at The Living Seas, Imagineers had to work with an Aquarium and an already constructed building. They could have done anything with this new attraction, but no I think its lazy and think it should be changed before its too late. WDW is not Disneyland! More space = more imagination!
P.S. I like the Finding Nemo ride and Finding Nemo, my dogs are named Nemo and Dory! I just think more should be done. ITS FANTASYLAND 2011 not 1971. Moving Forward..........:mickey::mickey:

RBrooksC
07-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Sorry, I am a little confused...

WDW is building a Little Mermaid ride in Fantasyland.

WDWfanatic742
07-20-2011, 03:50 PM
I think OP is saying that they would rather have a Pirates of the Caribbean or it's a small world boat type Little Mermaid ride over an omnimover...

Personally I would have tended to agree that it would have only made sense to make TLM into a boat or water type ride (Especially with the history of the location of where the ride is being built at). However omnimovers certainly aren't "boring" and WDI isn't "lazy" if an omnimover is done right...

Disney Ambassador
07-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Yes... you can view the plans on WESH.com or I'm sure there are more sites to view them on.:mickey:

Disney Ambassador
07-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Well of course they are not lazy, but I think more could have been done is all. I agree, boring is a bit strong cause there is nothing boring about WDW.. Sorry for my choice of words. Just think they should go all out for this new FantasyLand expansion.

joonyer
07-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Omnimovers put more guests through the ride faster. That's probably why they decided to use that technology for this new attraction. That being said that doesn't mean the attraction will be dull or boring. HM is one of the most popular attractions at MK. And the boat ride concept is certainly not looking forward, its old tech, say 1971. It's not just the ride system that makes the ride, it's the rest of the attraction that makes or breaks it as far as being a really great ride.

gerald72
07-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Do you want a unique ride or do you want one like Pirates? I'm confused.

Basket Mommy
07-20-2011, 06:37 PM
"All Out" usually = Big Buck$. I'm surprised Disney is even expanding F'land given the state of the economy. Surely they've suffered financial losses as well. Though, I do suppose that the old line from Field of Dreams does make sense here: "If you build it, they will come." Gotta spend money to make money, right? But I would tend to think that they're spending just enough and not going "all out" just in case this expansion doesn't bring in more people.

Personally, I'm happy with *anything* new at WDW. Beggars can't be choosers (have I used enough cliches?)

SBETigg
07-20-2011, 06:40 PM
I think it's in keeping with Fantasyland to have something fun, low key, and family (small child) friendly- that's pretty much what I expect from Fantasyland. If they were putting new rides in say, Adventureland, then that would be a different story. I think this is the best fit for the particular land they are working on.

Cara121078
07-20-2011, 07:10 PM
I think it's in keeping with Fantasyland to have something fun, low key, and family (small child) friendly- that's pretty much what I expect from Fantasyland. If they were putting new rides in say, Adventureland, then that would be a different story. I think this is the best fit for the particular land they are working on.

COMPLETELY agree!

Bass T-bone
07-20-2011, 11:08 PM
I heard that a water type ride is harder to maintain over time. Water wears parts and things down much faster than air or even gears. I would imagine that might have something to do with it at least.

minnie-mouse
07-21-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm excited for the Little Mermaid ride, it's one of my fave Disney movies.

joonyer
07-21-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm also looking forward to the Snow White & 7 Dwarfs mine coaster. I know it won't be an over the top thrill ride, but I still think it'll be a great new addition to FantasyLand.

Scar
07-21-2011, 12:44 PM
It can't be a boat ride. The vehicles are supposed to go "under the sea." That illusion would be impossible if you were in a boat "on" the water

big blue and hairy
07-21-2011, 01:32 PM
It can't be a boat ride. The vehicles are supposed to go "under the sea." That illusion would be impossible if you were in a boat "on" the water

Good point!

From what I've seen of the videos, this ride looks pretty darned good!

:sulley:

WDWfanatic742
07-21-2011, 01:40 PM

You could be riding through a current (Yeah it's a stretch for TLM not Nemo ;)) with the water all around you and a water effect above you. That or give everyone scuba gear...It's not completely unfeasible :D

big blue and hairy
07-21-2011, 01:44 PM
That or give everyone scuba gear...It's not completely unfeasible :DNo, just mostly unfeasable...:D

:sulley:

badkitty
07-21-2011, 01:45 PM
I rode the DCA version this past weekend and it is really cute! The going "under the sea" effect is great. It jumped to the "ending" rather quickly but most of the Fantasyland dark rides do that. I'm looking forward to the WDW version.