PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party and Electric light parade

bcornette
07-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Since they allow you into th e Wishes Dessert Party 1hr before the fireworks can you see the Main Street Electrical Parade?
The night I am looking at has 7pm parade and 8pm wishes, so if I can see the parade from the dessert party venue it would be perfect.

Thanks for the information

AnnaMom
07-20-2011, 04:08 PM
We just returned yesterday & did the Dessert Party on Monday night. You can not really see the parade to many people to try & see through on Main Street. For the Dessert Party a Disney cast member will check your name off and give you a card with a number - all the seating is all ready reserved so you do not have to worry about getting a good seat & we did not get there until 8:45 for a 9:00 seating. Enjoy & go with a empty stomach it is very very good!

bcornette
07-20-2011, 05:31 PM
thanks. Do you think we should try to watch the parade on a different night than the dessert party or just watch the parade and then head up to the dessert party?

AnnaMom
07-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Last week the parade ran at 9:00 & 11:00 and the fireworks were at 10:00 each night so maybe you can check it out after the dessert party. Just be prepared that Main Street will be packed, After the fireworks end the park would really empty out so we walked over to Liberty Square and watched the 11:00 parade with hardly no one in that area! Hope this helps! Have a great time & Enjoy the party is is really really good!

IamBelle
07-20-2011, 08:12 PM
I have enjoyed the dessert party many times and the view of the fireworks is spectacular! However, The light parade was a little too far to see clearly without binoculars...I definitely reccommend seeing the parade on a different night...and I HIGHLY SUGGEST the mango shooters...soo good!!

bcornette
07-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the help.
I may have to skip the dessert party this year. I am going in December and the parade\ fireworks are only running 3 times, one night is a christmas parade taping day (avoiding MK), another is my wife's birthday (going to Sanaa for dinner), and the last day has a 7pm parade and 8pm fireworks.

Since we have never seen this parade and my kids loved spectromagic, I'm thinking we will just watch both on that night from the street.

MarkC
07-21-2011, 11:19 AM
A question on the dessert party-- does everyone have a table. The Disney website description indicates everyone now stands, and I think I read something about that on this site as well. We'd like to try it but don't want to stand for the entire time. We can do that watching the fireworks every night. Thanks.

IamBelle
07-21-2011, 06:53 PM
A question on the dessert party-- does everyone have a table. The Disney website description indicates everyone now stands, and I think I read something about that on this site as well. We'd like to try it but don't want to stand for the entire time. We can do that watching the fireworks every night. Thanks.

Just got off the phone with them...they still have the tables, but when the fireworks start, they ask if you could stand up to view them. Its not a terrible thing, I do this every time I go there...you can see the fireworks way better when you stand.