PDA

View Full Version : Getting impatient.....and I'm not usually like this. LOL

Sunshine1010
07-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Going in November for 9 days. Arriving Veteran's Day. I'm wondering if this could be a problem in regards to POSSIBLE promotions (discount, free dining plan, etc) since it's a holiday. Wondering IF they have a promotion that it won't start until the day AFTER the holiday...which would then make me INeligible. I'm Totally willing to change my dates. Magical Journeys is handling my reservation, and I know they will automatically change my reservation if I'm eligible (love that by the way). But I also know that they will have to take care of the established reservations FIRST if the POSSIBLE promotion/etc. starts AFTER my first day there. I will have to keep my own lookout and then inform Magical Journey's that I want to change the dates.

I'm nervous because
1. that there won't be a discount
2. that I may not see the discount online in time to be able to change my dates

I know I'm being a worry wart. I think I'm just anxious to know WHAT (if any) discounts will be happening during my time...and if I need to change my schedule (for my husband's work, school, cat sitters, etc.)

BigRedDad
07-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Its hard to tell if there will be any discounts at all. A lot may have to do with Jersey Week is as well. The only discount you should plan for is the 10% AAA discount. Anything other than should be a bonus.

coloradowendyl
07-20-2011, 03:37 PM
You are an existing reservation as you are booked with Magical Journeys. Should your travel dates not fall within the window of any released discount, your TA, will contact you the minute the discount becomes available so you can make any changes necessary.

That's the beauty of Magical Journeys...you don't have to do your own watching! We are on the phone when Disney opens (in my case 5 am!) If there is a date issue or resort availability issue, you will get an email so any changes can be made immediately.

As for Fall Discounts, history has shown us that Disney tends to release them late summer! This year, Disney has done nothing following historical data so everyone must be patient and wait!

Discounts are not a given. Disney can choose to black out dates or not offer any discounts for a time period. The best rule of thumb is: book what you can afford without a discount and consider any discounts released the icing on the cake or the extra vacation fun money!

Wendy

JenniferS.
07-20-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm in the same boat. We're going end of oct into Nov. and we too are waiting and waiting to see if any discounts will come out. Either way, we are still going.

Sunshine1010
07-21-2011, 04:34 AM
Now THAT is awesome news.

I knew that Magical Journey's changed your reservation automatically if your dates fall in the discount dates. But I didn't know that they ALSO contacted you if your dates are close so you can change the dates if you'd like.

I thought it was my responsible to keep an eye out constantly in case a discount would miss my eligibility by a day or two.. and if we found one that happened around the date of our travel dates, we would have to call you to change them.

It's nice to know .....no, it's GREAT to know that you will contact me if the discount falls NEAR my vacation dates to see if I'd like to do some changing so I would be eligible.

See Magical Journeys (Wendy).....THIS is why I have sent so many people to you over the years.

Ya'll are the best!

P.S. I know that Disney has thrown out all sense of patterns, etc in regards to discounts, promotions. But a girl can still dream about saving money. Right? lol

Eponine
07-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Well....I do hope you get some great discounts but.....I hope they don't do free dining like last year...what a nightmare! :mad:

I'm going the exact same dates!!! :thumbsup:

I've done these dates for the past 2 years. 2009 -- awesome...low crowds, no free dining, able to get ADR's. Last year more crowds, free dining...nightmare making ADR's and don't even try to swich and ADR.

I'm not a fan of the dining plan anyway.

You will have a great time either way but I do hope you get to save some money!!!

Have fun!

Sunshine1010
07-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks so much! We've never been in November before. What is Veterans Day weekend like?

tinksmom02
07-23-2011, 08:04 AM
We're arriving on Veteran's Day, too, AND we're staying at POFQ as well!

Like you, I'm still anxiously hoping for a discount. I ordered the customized maps, and got a small discount right after that (maybe 10%?). My brother did the maps and got a slightly larger discount (15%?).

Right now I'm more concerned about the airline prices. So, yes, our dates are flexible because we haven't booked airfare yet. I'm shocked at the prices from NJ-MCO--but I suppose that's my punishment for wanting to travel during "Jersey Week." In NJ. sigh.

Sunshine1010
07-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Tinksmom....that is SO cool that we will be arriving the same day, and at the same resort. I have red hair and my son is 10. Look for us!!!

Are you going through Magical Journey's?

We are driving (from TN). Even from TN, the airlines are just too much for us at this point. To fly 90 minutes, it would cost us a MINIMUM (so far) of 600.00. Just not worth it when I can drive to/from for under 300.00.

How long will you be staying?

I hope a discount comes out. I always know that it's not a guarantee...but it's okay if I hope for it. I'm just wondering if the fact that we are actually ARRIVING on Veterans Day, will exclude us from any discount.

Eponine
07-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Well... the past 2 years Veteran's Day was in the middle of the week so it didn't have a huge impact on the weekend.

This is year is different. It falls on Friday. I'm not concerned with Veteran's Day as much as I am with the last weekend of the F&W at Epcot (I'm avoiding that!) and the end of Jersey Week (I'm guessing most will stay through the weekend).

So, if you plan it right, you can avoid the crowds. I will be doing EP on Sunday late afternoon and seeing IllumiNations. Last year it cleared out by 7/8 pm. I was surprised! Just don't go on Fri or Sat (be crowds predicted).

Also avoid HS on Sunday -- F! night and extra hours. It will be nuts (unless you want to see Fantasmic! then go or wait until Wed to see it).

Good luck!!! Have fun.

:mickey:

KAT1811
07-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Count me in as another impatient waiter! Just waiting to see if anything is offered. If not (or if the discounts aren't that great) we are planning on renting DVC points from Intercot's Sponsor, The Timeshare Store. Just waiting on Disney . . . :mickey:

tinksmom02
07-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Tinksmom....that is SO cool that we will be arriving the same day, and at the same resort. I have red hair and my son is 10. Look for us!!!

Are you going through Magical Journey's?

We are driving (from TN). Even from TN, the airlines are just too much for us at this point. To fly 90 minutes, it would cost us a MINIMUM (so far) of 600.00. Just not worth it when I can drive to/from for under 300.00.

How long will you be staying?

I hope a discount comes out. I always know that it's not a guarantee...but it's okay if I hope for it. I'm just wondering if the fact that we are actually ARRIVING on Veterans Day, will exclude us from any discount.

OK, I have to admit that after checking, we're NOT arriving on Veteran's Day, but Election Day LOL But I'll still be on the lookout for you. DD (she'll be 9) and I have very curly hair, and we're traveling with my parents, my bro, his wife & their 2 littles, so the frazzled curly-haired woman--yeah, that'll be me LOL Our kids are pretty close in age, a meetup seems destined!

We're using Magical Journeys (love Terrisue!) so I know that I don't even have to keep an eye out for discounts. What I should be worrying about is airfare, which hasn't budged at all since we booked. I'm looking at $500 a person (I usually try to keep it under $200), and since we're IN NJ, I don't think it'll come down too much during Jersey week LOL

We're arriving on Tuesday and will be leaving on Sunday.

Well... the past 2 years Veteran's Day was in the middle of the week so it didn't have a huge impact on the weekend.

This is year is different. It falls on Friday. I'm not concerned with Veteran's Day as much as I am with the last weekend of the F&W at Epcot (I'm avoiding that!) and the end of Jersey Week (I'm guessing most will stay through the weekend).

So, if you plan it right, you can avoid the crowds. I will be doing EP on Sunday late afternoon and seeing IllumiNations. Last year it cleared out by 7/8 pm. I was surprised! Just don't go on Fri or Sat (be crowds predicted).

Also avoid HS on Sunday -- F! night and extra hours. It will be nuts (unless you want to see Fantasmic! then go or wait until Wed to see it).

Good luck!!! Have fun.

:mickey:

Thanks for the tips. We're leaving on Election Day, which may or may not have an impact. The library I work at is closed, for instance, but DD will have school :secret: Other schools nearby are closed, though.

With the exception of our ADRs, I have no idea where we're going to be when. Trying to keep it low-key this time around. We'll see how that goes. ;)