PDA

View Full Version : Where Was This Taken in MK?

DisneyMom12
07-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Could someone pleas tell me where exactly this photo was taken?

http://memories.disneyparks.disney.go.com/#/detail/30712

btharvey
07-20-2011, 10:03 AM
It looks to me to be from one of the walkways in Tomorrowland near Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, let's say nearer the Noodle Station.

Melanie
07-20-2011, 10:05 AM
That's a tough one. I think it's too far back to be near the Noodle Station (or whatever it is now). Probably Cosmic Ray's area.

wdwfansince75
07-20-2011, 10:10 AM
I believe it is from the bridge/pathway between the hub and the tea cups.

tazlikesrobots
07-20-2011, 10:17 AM
There are some benches near the tomorroland entrance sign that look almost identical to the ones on the photo. Judging by the angle of the castle, I'd say it was taken from that spot....

Go to the following coordinates in Google earth.

Latitude : 28°25'7.05"N
Longitude : 81°34'49.05"W

Turn on 3d buildings, zoom in, and you will see the benches on the side of the sign.

darthmacho
07-20-2011, 10:40 AM
So why do you ask? Are you hoping to take a photo from the same spot? :wave:

JasonH
07-20-2011, 11:09 AM
If you look at the photo close enough, you can tell there's no other walkways between where the pic is taken and to where the castle is. So that means its between the castle and Cosmic Rays which is the walkway going from the hub to the Tea Cups. If it was the walkway near the Tomorrowland entrance sign, you'd see the other walkway in the background and you wouldn't have such a clear shot of the side of the bridge that goes over the water going into the castle. So wdwfansince75 hit it right on the nose. Good job! :thumbsup:

07-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Fantasyland bridge, just west of the entrance to Cosmic Ray's.

Castle was "probably" added to the image in post-processing as the size and perspective is a bit off of the actual view from that location. Multiple images were used and coloration was used on the bridge concrete.

BigRedDad
07-20-2011, 11:55 AM
It is a photoshopped picture. There is no water in the sky to produce a rainbow, let alone one so perfect across the Castle as in the picture. The only memory from that photo is how long it took to manufacture. Great pic of mom and daughter though.

Polynesian Dweller
07-20-2011, 12:34 PM
It is a photoshopped picture. There is no water in the sky to produce a rainbow, let alone one so perfect across the Castle as in the picture. The only memory from that photo is how long it took to manufacture. Great pic of mom and daughter though.

Yes. And the sun is on the left. The only way to see a rainbow is to have the sun behind you, it's about sunlight refracting back to you. This is a compilation of shots.

EeyoresBestFriend
07-20-2011, 01:06 PM
I think it must be photo shopped ~ I haven't seen parents of a child that small without an army of cargo with them or Mums looking that refreshed in the afternoon!! :D

crltkcagle
07-20-2011, 05:48 PM
It is photoshopped obviously but its a great picture!

Altair
07-20-2011, 07:33 PM
It's also poorly Photoshopped. If you notice, the rainbow passes in front of the castle spire on the left. :oops:

DisneyMom12
07-20-2011, 09:01 PM
I knew the rainbow was added, but I thought it look like a good spot, but if the whole thing is Photoshopped I guess not.

wdwfansince75
07-21-2011, 08:59 AM
The castle is not photoshopped...but I think castle is more dramatic when viewed from the Main Street area, or slightly off to either side...We have some of our clan from in front of Crystal Palace, and from the terrace area in front of the Plaza Resturant....from those areas, castle is large enough to be the focus, but small enough to not dwarf the kids.

BigRedDad
07-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Don't get me wrong. This picture is a fabulous memory and image. I wish I had the know-how to do something like that.

DizneyRox
07-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Gives new meaning to the Makin' Memories song...

Zawadi
07-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Yes. And the sun is on the left. The only way to see a rainbow is to have the sun behind you, it's about sunlight refracting back to you. This is a compilation of shots.

You are right in that rainbows are produced by refraction which is the bending of light as is passes between mediums of different densities (air/water/air). In order to see a rainbow the light source is not behind you (this would simply be reflection). remember prism experiments in school (light source -> prism -> screen)

The fact that this rainbow appears to be infront of both the castle and the trees to the right suggests that it could be a lens flare. If so, then it is a very magical shot to get it in such a position and we are all jealous :mickey:

DisneyMom12
07-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Gives new meaning to the Makin' Memories song...

:funny:

Tink#64
07-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Such a beautiful picture, I'm sure it just makes mom's heart swell! No matter that the photo has been plussed as Walt would say, you were there and made the special memories of a lifetime! Priceless! :cloud9:

DisneyMom12
07-22-2011, 08:35 AM
The castle is not photoshopped...but I think castle is more dramatic when viewed from the Main Street area, or slightly off to either side...We have some of our clan from in front of Crystal Palace, and from the terrace area in front of the Plaza Resturant....from those areas, castle is large enough to be the focus, but small enough to not dwarf the kids.

I have a lot of pictures from that view, so I was trying to find something a little different.

wdwfansince75
07-22-2011, 04:06 PM
The bridge from near the Tea Cups to the Hub (the view in the photo) is a different view...and there are two bench areas that are great for posing, with the Castle, as seen in the photo, in clear background. View is better than the view from Sleepy Hollow...although we also have some from there, as well as the formerly arched bridge between the hub and Liberty Square...Another "different" view is from the Rose Garden..the former loading area for the long departed Swan Boats...