PDA

View Full Version : DHS Street Performers

Disdad13
07-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Is there a set schedule for the street performers at DHS? We have only caught the very end of a couple of skits and would love to see more of them if I knew when and where they would be. Is it a regular schedule, and is it posted somewhere, or is it just a random thing?

luvdiznee
07-19-2011, 05:57 PM
I have seen street acts. One was a director trying to do a movie, and of course chose people from the audience to be in it. Only watched a few minutes of it. But they also have singers and dancers doing shows, right on the street.

Not sure if all are scheduled times or not.

darthmacho
07-20-2011, 07:24 AM
I'm not positive, but I'm guessing that WDW has some sort of way to organize the "Streetmosphere" characters, but doesn't post a set schedule so that the skits appear to happen spontaneously and can be improvised according to the way the guests react and interact with the actors. Maybe someone who is a cast member might know the scoop?

DizneyRox
07-20-2011, 07:41 AM
I've asked several times and always been told there's no schedule. Could be showmanship, could be the truth. While I don't spend much time at MGM, I don't think I've seen the public works guys in 5 years. I don't remember seeing anyone except the Jamminators in the past 3. I hate the Jamminators and can't get away from them it seems. I wish the Public Works guys worked as often as those guys!

Oh, I have seen the juggler in Italy once too many times as well. That whistle goes right through me!

Gator
07-20-2011, 04:28 PM
The show that they do are alright, but it's really great when you run into them sitting on the street. Sometimes they'll come and sit by you, and that's extra special. The best I've come across so far is Paige Turner (get it), Cow Patty Princess. She's hilarious.

WDW&MK
07-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Yes, there is a schedule - it's not published but they can tell you when the performers are schedule to appear for a skit and where. At the beginning of the day - talk with the person sitting in the booth at the intersection of Hollywood blvd and Sunset blvd I think right near a little fountain. It is right by where they have the estimated wait times listed on a chalk board. The person in the booth can tell you the schedule. We always ask about the performers we call the "watercheck guys" but they are really called the Hollywood public works dept. Very funny. I highly recommend catching one of their skits :thumbsup: