PDA

View Full Version : DlxDP question(s) regarding Apps

brivers222
07-18-2011, 01:24 PM
I was wondering if you are able to use the "sides" as an appetizer choice?

For instance, I am looking at Artist Point for a Dinner BUT i am not thrilled with any of the Appetizers that they have listed...

Would they let us substitue our appetizer for one (two because we both are there) sides listed on the menu?

Maple Glazed Rainbow Heirloom Carrots $8
Truffled Back Diamond Mac and Cheese $8
Herb-roasted Foraged Mushrooms $9

beksy
07-18-2011, 09:46 PM
I don't know for sure since we have never tried it (although we have done the deluxe dining many times), but I doubt that you would be able to. With the dining plans they are pretty strict about only using the credits for what the credits are alloted for (such as not being able to use a CS for a snack) so I would imagine that the same would be true for using an appetizer just for an appetizer. I think it would kind of be like trying to use the dessert on the regular plan for an appetizer instead which isn't allowed. Of course, this is just speculation...I hope I'm wrong! :blush:

lynnek
07-18-2011, 10:00 PM
We actually did do that a couple times on the deluxe plan. I say this with trepedation as we are WDW novices and quite possibly the CM's did us a favor? (our first trip was last Nov, second this Nov) We had technically 4 adult deluxe and an under 3. A few times, we would order 3 apps and used the other app to order a side DD2 would like. Didn't do it at Artist's Point though--we did do lots of signature though.