PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's BBQ

ledudes
07-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Has anyone been lately? I am mostly seeing negative reviews on this. We have it booked for September because a friend told me it would be better for my kids (7,4,2) than Hoppe Dee Doo. ANy opinions?

Pooh Fan
07-18-2011, 12:28 PM
I have not been but am considering this or some dinner show for a future trip. I'm also interested in hearing intercotters opinions on this subject.

LisaP
07-20-2011, 01:05 AM
We tried Mickey's Backyard BBQ with DS5 and DS2 in April, and it was the highlight of our trip! It was a fanastic time, and the boys had an absolute blast!

The atmosphere is so festive, my boys LOVED dancing around with the characters. The live band was excellent (country music), and the character interaction with the kids on the dancefloor was so precious to watch!

The food was really good (IMO) for a BBQ menu. I have a picky eater, and there was more than enough for him to enjoy (this kid ate more buns and bagels at WDW than anything lol).

Mickey and Minnie do a M&G as well, so there is plenty of opportunity for the kids to interact with all of the characters. As I said, it was definitely a highlight of our trip :thumbsup:

ledudes
07-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks LisaP, sounds promising :mickey:

TheVBs
07-21-2011, 05:29 PM
We did it in 2009 and had the same great experience LisaP and her family had. It was so much fun! We're doing it again on the next trip. :mickey: