PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten?

Bellerella
07-17-2011, 10:42 PM
We are thinking about booking an ADR for Biergarten for our next trip. The food sounds delicious, and the entertainment sounds fantastic! But we have one concern: the seating. I know that they don't have individual, private tables... but what is the seating like, exactly? Is it just one long table, or small tables pushed close together like at the Spirit of Aloha dinner show? What was your experience at Biergarten, and would you recommend it? Thanks! :mickey:

sassafras
07-17-2011, 10:56 PM
The tables seat about 8 people. It just depends on how you feel about being seated with strangers. DH and I have met some some very nice, friendly, interesting people and some who weren't so friendly, just acted like we weren't there. My sister absolutely hated it and refuses to go back. We find the food is good, entertainment fun, and usually, friendly table mates.

DizneyRox
07-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Correct.. 8 people per table, and they try to put people together. I have never asked, but it might not hurt to ask them that you are celebrating an anniversary or something and ask to be seated to the side for a more romantic dinner.

We've always found the food to be worth the possibility of sitting with grumps. It's happened, but I'll just order up a liter of beer and soon enough I'm not even aware they are there.

special ed teacher
07-18-2011, 10:48 AM
My two boys and I love this restaurant. We even like meeting new people at our table. You can either talk to them, or just be friendly and eat with your own family. We love the food, and the atmosphere is great.

nfrustaci
07-18-2011, 12:49 PM
we have been twice. once for dinner and once for a late lunch. dinner seemed better. the food was fresher and more of it. the show is fun. but once is probably enough. both times we were sat with others and it was fine. once couple was about our age mid 30's to late 40's. nice people. the second time they were late 50- early 60's they were wonderful people. so it is what u make of it.

AgentC
07-18-2011, 12:55 PM
We ate at Biergarten in May and had a great time. I would recommend it. The show is fun and the food is good.

Our table had 10 people. Two groups of 4 and one group of 2.They seat your party on both sides of the table, so their are only two of you, you would be across from each other.

In my case we had 2 children 5 and under so I asked to be seated at the end so my children wouldn't potentially by spilling anything on the party next to us. ;)

Wells
07-18-2011, 01:40 PM
I think that this is intended to be part of the whole cultural experience!
It’s not unusual to be seated with others in many restaurants in Germany.

AmandaChan
07-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Our table had 10 people. Two groups of 4 and one group of 2.They seat your party on both sides of the table, so their are only two of you, you would be across from each other.

That's how our table was with the number in the groups but DH and I sat next to each and we sat across an older couple that were by themselves and we had a wonderful time!!! Keep in mind that you are probably not going to get seated with a bunch of grumpies because anyone that is not willing to socialize and be pleasant probably won't eat here if they know they are going to have to sit with strangers... haha

mdricks
07-18-2011, 04:54 PM
If you make your party's "disposition" known they are pretty good about it. I go with 3 drinking buds to do the Octoberfest 'ziggy zocky' thing and we would very likly be the bane of a young family of 4.

We tell the CM at the counter that we are there to "drink like Germans" and dont mind waiting for a like-mided table. havent had a bad match yet.

Now if you get the table next to us.......:blush:

:number1:

AgentC
07-18-2011, 05:02 PM
That's how our table was with the number in the groups but DH and I sat next to each and we sat across an older couple that were by themselves and we had a wonderful time!!! Keep in mind that you are probably not going to get seated with a bunch of grumpies because anyone that is not willing to socialize and be pleasant probably won't eat here if they know they are going to have to sit with strangers... haha

I thought we had sat side by side on our previous trip so it was weird to sit on opposite sides this time.

Maybe it was our hostess? She was very nice but particular about where everyone sat. :mickey:

Posterchild
07-20-2011, 02:45 AM
Yes, Am going in September for my 1st dinner here. Have done lunch, and was lucky to have nice tablemates who had been to Germany and told us alot about the foods we were eating and stuff, so it was cool. I usually like getting to meet new people over dinner.

I will have my kids so I cant quite drink like a German, but we will have fun for sure!

disneykidsince1970
07-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Absolutely do it. I have dined here countless times, sometimes in a huge group, sometimes with only one other person (in fact, I went alone once!). I've always had a great time and have never felt uncomfortable with a tablemate. The food is good and it's great fun to watch the kiddos dancing to the German music.

And here's a tip, the bathroom inside the Beirgarten is one of the nicest at Epcot. They'll let you right in to use the facilities even if you aren't dining there. :secret:

WDWCrazyKaren
07-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Sorry, I'll be the Debbie Downer here. DH and I hated it. We were seated with a horrible family, we found the food decidedly lacking (and I am a German who has eaten in Germany!) and did not have a great experience. The band did not play while we were there either. We won't go back.