PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service at EPCOT

LittleLady
07-17-2011, 08:05 PM
What are your favorite counter service locations and why?
We are going to spend the day at EPCOT and want to try counter service for lunch and dinner instead of table service. We like food from all cultures and we are not picky eaters. So, let me hear your thoughts on this.

Donald's Girl
07-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Hands down, Sunshine Seasons in The Land is probably one of the best, if not the best, CS in all of WDW! Variety and quality are second to none in my opinion.
After that, if you like unique tastes, we love the sandwiches at the bakery in Norway.

Goofeygal
07-17-2011, 08:21 PM
We love the Tangerine cafe in Morocco. The fish at England is great as well.

DreamFinder2
07-17-2011, 08:29 PM
I agree that Sunshine Seasons is probably the best. After that, we like the Yakitori house in Japan. Nice atmosphere, and good food. Lastly, we like the Electric Umbrella. I know, I know...very typical food, but the atmosphere says "1980's Epcot" like nowhere else :-)

Georgesgirl1
07-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Tangerine Cafe and the Fish and Chips stand are our favorites. We also used to like the CS in Mexico, but we haven't tried it since the redo.

lettripp
07-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Hands down, Sunshine Seasons in The Land is probably one of the best, if not the best, CS in all of WDW! .

Second this!! Am NEVER disappointed with the food or the variety here!

Other than that, we are rather peckish people so we walk from country to country tasting little things everywhere... As far as my tastes are concerned, it's ALL good :D

LittleLady
07-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the replies, keep 'em coming. I am thinking of trying Tangerine and maybe Norway. It looks like we will probably have lunch at Sunshine Seasons.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Fish n Chips at the UK and pastries from France

HoosierDisneyFan
07-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Sunshine Seasons in The Land - Excellent selection. Everyone can get something that suits their individual tastes. Also great desert selection.

Yakitori House in Japan - Excellent Chicken & Rice. Great outdoor seating. Very plesant.

Yorkshire County Fish Shop in United Kingdom - Fish & Chips is the only selection, but it is good. Limited seating at times.

barnaby
07-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Sunshine Seasons, good variety. Big fan of the pork chop there.

KronkHere
07-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Sunshine Seasons in The Land - great for waiting on your Soarin' FastPass.

Yorkshire County Fish Shop in UK - Fish & Chips and British Invasion (or whoever the replacement band is now).

Mexcio - Nachos!!!

Dragongirlx
07-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Love Yakatori house in Japan - its my favorite
also really like sunshine seasons and my sister likes the counter service in Morrocco

SBETigg
07-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Sunshine Seasons in the land is good, but I always have a hard time choosing that with World Showcase so close. Too many good choices at Epcot! I love Tangierine Cafe in Morocco, Yakitori House in Japan. Sometimes you want to go French and grab something at the Boulangerie/Patisserie. Haven't tried the new Mexico QS but loved the old one and have heard it's good.

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Sunshine Seasons for lunch would be my vote. We too eat here while waiting for Soarin' FP time.

For the rest of our Epcot day, we usually eat around the world tasting and sampling here and there. We find ourselves at Yakatori house more times than anywhere else. We frequent Tangerine cafe. But, we sip and bite all over the place. Walking around the WS lends itself to walking and eating instead of sitting for a 'sit down meal' no matter if TS or QS.

We especially buy into that 'food for thought' during F&W festival. :thumbsup:

darthmacho
07-19-2011, 12:03 PM
That's a great question. There are so many great TS restaurants in Epcot that I don't often get counter service, but the few times I have, I've enjoyed it!

Last trip we finally tried Sunshine Seasons, and thought it was a great place for a quick dinner near the end of our Epcot visit! Good variety and fresh food, and I got to eat with chopsticks, so that made me happy.

Last year we also ate lunch at the Lotus Blossom Cafe and I thought it was very good. I should say, however, that the menu is very limited. They only had two appetizers and six entrees to choose from, and the kids menu consisted of just sweet and sour chicken. Everything came with steamed rice, no fired option. My kids didn't like the chicken, but we got them a second order of rice and dumplings to make up for it. I liked the orange chicken I had, but the Chinese food vendor in my local mall has far more menu variety than this. Again, I still would give it a positive review for food quality.

ginny57
07-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Check out Boulangerie Patisserie in France. They have sandwiches and quiche in addition to fab dessets. Well worth the visit.

Fangorn
07-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Another vote for Sunshine Seasons. IMHO this is the best CS in all of WDW. Excellent selection and vastly superior to the normal CS expectation of burger and chicken strips (neither of which will be found at Sunshine Seasons). If you're going for lunch, they have some very good homemade soups, which you can pair with a half sandwich. Salads are good too.

If you go to Epcot first thing in the morning, and want an actual breakfast, Sunshine Seasons is your only option - and again they have great choices. We typically ride Soarin', grab a fastpass (which is usually about an hour out), enjoy breakfast at Sunshine Seasons and then use our fastpass for Soarin'. Great way to start the day at Epcot.

My other personal favorites are the Fish and Chips in England as well as the counter service in Mexico.

Steve

Gator
07-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Easy choice. Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco. The food is great and the dessert is even better.

jsw123
07-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Mmmm. Just had a yummy grilled chicken asian pasta salad from Sunshine Seasons. Delicious and no wait b/c it was in the help-yourself fridges. Enjoy!!!

squad51
07-26-2011, 10:36 PM
This last June we had sunshine for breakfast and it was very good. Maybe better than POFQ for breakfast.
My wife and I really enjoyed China. I love pot stickers and theirs were very tasty (of course that was nine yrs ago.).
Also very good for standard fare at lunck and dinner would be the Electric Umbrella.

Pop Centurion
07-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Add another vote for Sunshine Season's. Not only does it have a great variety of food but a bunch of desserts as well. My only complaint is that last year they didn't have any Butterfinger Cheese Cake. :thedolls:

wdw dude
07-27-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm another fan of Sunshine Seasons. Probably my favorite counter service in all of WDW.

Over in World Showcase, I think I like France the most. Also like Norway and the new place in Mexico was pretty good. I used to like Lotus Blossom in China, but I haven't been there in a while--don't know why. Germany is good if you're in the mood for a hot dog/bratwurst.

:mickey:

iceicebritney
07-27-2011, 10:41 AM
American Adventure consistently has good Burgers. I used to enjoy Electric Umbrella in Future World, but they have been disappointing the last few times. Our absolute favorite however is Mexico! Good luck and I hope you enjoy whichever one you choose:mickey:

yourmagicalguide
07-29-2011, 04:26 PM
I am thinking of trying Tangerine and maybe Norway. It looks like we will probably have lunch at Sunshine Seasons.

You should definitely eat at Sunshine Seasons for lunch :thumbsup: The food, selection, and service is always terrific :D

For supper, I would personally choose Norway over Morocco. DH and I stopped in for a quick bite at the Tangeriene Cafe on our last trip, and we were very disappointed. Norway didn't have a huge selection, but the sandwiches we had were very tasty and filling. I would also suggest trying the Patisserie in France or the Lotus Blossom in China. Both have great food :tasty:

Best wishes and happy eating :mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
07-30-2011, 10:14 AM
We love the Tangerine cafe in Morocco. The fish at England is great as well.

:thumbsup: for both!

Ate at Tangerine Cafe for the 1st time last trip. The lamb wrap was excellent, and the outdoor seating was very nice. Good people watching and MoRockin was playing just a little ways away. The lentil salad was great too.

I try to eat at the Fish and Chips stand each trip. Not only is it good, but since I never seem to be able to find seating I take mine and eat while sitting on a bench behind overlooking the lake. :cloud9:

Always did like grabbing a plate of nachos at the old cantina too but haven't been to the new version yet...

IamBelle
07-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Definitely the Tangerine Cafe...the lamb and chicken platter is very tasty, unique, and gives a lot of food...also you can get baklava for dessert!!