PDA

View Full Version : Amway

TinyDancer
07-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Hey all, long time no see! Lots have going on.

But a question: any of you involved with Amway and this online store thing? What do you think about it? It seems pretty interesting, Disney Shopping is one of its partners!

And mods, I assume I am correct in my thinking I could set my webpage to that in my profile but not mention it in posts?

Thanks in advance guys!

R

DizneyRox
07-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Your thinking would be incorrect...

I'm going to guess your link would be some referral type link (benefitting you) and those would be prohibited. If YOU were to become a site sponsor of some sort, I think then it might be acceptable, but that's a discussion between you and management come sponsorship time.

brivers222
07-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Amway, Quickstar, TEAM, Mona Vie they are all scams...

Their business models are set to only benefit those in the upper scales. the phrase Pyramid scams are always over used as everything is a pyramid type pattern... so i will drop the word pyramid and just call them scams.

Former TEAM and Mona Vie consultant that put forth a lot of time and money and got nothing in return except more bills and your head spinning from all the promises of Building your business...

No, i am not bitter... my life is much better and more successful with out them :)

I do wish you the best though in your business venture with them... Perhaps it will be different for you :number1:

garymacd
07-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Here is part of the presentation given to us:

"Do you spend $200 a month on paper towels and toilet paper, etc? How would you like to buy that stuff from your own company and save money? Would you like to take advantage of the tax benefits offered to small businesses?"

"How many people do you know named: (and they gave me a pamphlet with about 3000 names listed on it.) Do you think they would like to run their own business? Maybe you can introduce them to this business model.

"They get to save money on products they use every day, and you get a cut on the products they buy. If they introduce people to the company, any products they buy, you both get a cut on it."

So, in the end, when you get seven people under you, and they each get seven people under them, etc. you can retire and live off the residuals. But you can't retire because you have a vested interest in ensuring the people under you succeed in their business that you will continue to go to sales and recruiting meetings. So, seven sevens is 49, plus the original seven makes 56 people and you makes 57. 49 sevens is ---- wait a minute, my 49 times table isn't that good ---- oh yeah! 343 plus the original 56 makes it 399 plus you for 400 people. Do you know that many people?

Can you see how fast this is growing? 343 sevens is 2401 plus the original 343 plus the original 56 plus you is 2801 people. And that's if they all follow through on the plan. I will let you do the math on the next level, but by the eighth level, if everyone is able to hold onto 7 people, there are nearly one million people in your little company. Now, add in the fact that your upline person has about four or five levels above him, and the numbers become astronomical. By the 12th level there are more people in the pyramid than habituate all of Canada and the USA combined - men, women and children.

If there is a high drop out rate - which there is - you will never get to the top level where you stop paying your upline people.

There aren't that many people in North America that are interested in the program to get you up that high to say nothing about your downline people. The people that are already that high, are set for life. Those that make it to that level today are very few and far between.

This system may work if you live in a really remote community or military base outside the country in Guam, but in the urban areas, there are too many shopping alternatives.

My brother tried this for about six months - as did one of my neighbours. Both shaved their beards off because it hid their faces and they needed to show the world they had nothing to hide. Both ended up wearing suits almost the exact same from the same catalogue, right down to the tie! All the women I met at the one event I went to had the same smile and the same type of dress. It scared me. Am I in Stepford again?

I am not saying the products and services they offer are not good or worthwhile. My advice to you is avoid getting into the system. If you would like any of the products, find someone already in the system and buy from them or buy from yourself and don't expect to make it to the top levels.

brivers222
07-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Both ended up wearing suits almost the exact same from the same catalogue, right down to the tie!

Time to Suit Up!

When i was a member of team we were required to wear suits with Red Ties.... It was a giant cult.

garymacd
07-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Time to Suit Up!

When i was a member of team we were required to wear suits with Red Ties.... It was a giant cult.

That was the tie!

brivers222
07-21-2011, 11:56 AM
That was the tie!

Its quite embarassing now... but at least i can attempt to warn people of "joining" the scam to get rich!

Dixie Springs
07-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Scamway...

princessgirls
07-26-2011, 11:37 AM
My advice...."Don't drink the Kool-Aid" :humph:

Seriously!!!

Two of my good friends were involved with Amway for a brief time. They had basements full of ketchup, toilet paper and paper towels and kept telling me how rich they were going to get. They came to their senses within six months. AMEN!

Julie:mickey:

Terra
07-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Agreed, Pyramid scam. I've had friends who have tried the Amway and Mona Vie with quite a bit of loss.

And it cracks me up the whole "Why spend $300 a month on paper/cleaning products." Ummm, wow, I don't even spend $20! I mainly clean with natural cleaners like vinegar/baking soda. We mainly use un-paper towels and that just leaves toilet paper. One "economy pack" lasts a month.

DVC2004
07-26-2011, 04:34 PM
A relative of mine got involved with a place like this- Primerica- which was life insurance but also a scam...she thought she was going to earn all this money and she and her husband could retire in their late 30s... she wanted to come over to our house with a "rep" and do the presentation. I guess she was still in training, but I have no idea. I know she wasn't involved too long. You have to pass a state licensing test here in IL to sell any kind of insurance and it's not easy at all. Anyway my husband felt sorry and agreed to the appointment, then an hour before they were supposed to have come she called to cancel (:blush: yay!)...she kept trying to reschedule but I kept saying no...I think she quit a short time after. I looked it up online and there were so many negative comments about this place.

brivers222
07-27-2011, 11:55 AM
My advice...."Don't drink the Kool-Aid" :humph:

:thumbsup:

it tastes good at first then when you see your bank account going the opposite way you tend to get :sick: and then eventually you just :ack: it all up and you feel better.

stay far way... i wish i would have!

DonLefNY
08-04-2011, 02:54 PM
I have a brother in law who gets involved in these scams all the time. So far he's been going to get rich with:
Amway
Shaklee
New Skin
Primerica

But right now he is planning on filing bankruptcy, has maxed out his credit cards and is out of work. It is amazing all the money he has poured into traveling to conventions and buying aids to grow his businesses.