PDA

View Full Version : Pool at Art of Animation

Lizzie
07-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the pool at art of animation. Part of going to DW for us is the pools our kids want to swim everyday. Wondering if the pools will be like the other value resorts or because its more expensive if it will have a slide and hot tub.

jazzy
07-17-2011, 05:26 PM
From what i know, this is a brand new resort you wont get a lot of replies on this topic just yet.

caryrae
07-17-2011, 05:54 PM
It's not much info but this is what the Disney site says:

Disney's Art of Animation Resort has 3 swimming pools—a feature pool, The Big Blue Pool, complete with The Drop Off pool bar in the Finding Nemo courtyard, and two smaller pools including the Flippin' Fins Pool in The Little Mermaid courtyard and the Cozy Cone Pool in the Cars courtyard—"you auto take a dip!".

BigRedDad
07-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Do not confuse "more expensive" with a Value resort. The two are completely different topics. AoA is still a Value resort that is primarily Family Suites. Disney can charge an arm and a leg for a Family Suite and still call it a Value resort. The pools will be very similar to all other Value resorts with no frills, no hot tubs.

The difference is what families are willing to pay for 5 or more members. It is a toss up between 2 rooms or a family suite. In many cases, 2 rooms at a Value offer far more than a Family Suite: double the bathrooms, double the beds, more space.

dizneydeb22
07-20-2011, 11:03 AM
The difference is what families are willing to pay for 5 or more members. It is a toss up between 2 rooms or a family suite. In many cases, 2 rooms at a Value offer far more than a Family Suite: double the bathrooms, double the beds, more space.

But don't forget , in a family suite you have a kitchenette! Microwave, refrigerator(slightly larger than the ones you rent or get at the higher priced resorts), sink and paperware and plastic flatware! As well as two bathrooms!

Lizzie
07-20-2011, 02:17 PM
We stayed at a Family Suite at all star music and had two bathrooms and the kitcenette area was nice. Especially since value resorts dont have refrigerators or microwaves.

nfrustaci
07-20-2011, 09:48 PM
i have never stayed in any family suite but i did stay in the studio at the ssr. only 1 bathroom and a kitchenette. no big deal !!! oh and a balcony that i never ever used. the bed was super comfy though. and i was grateful for that because my husband and at the time 1 year old and i all got the flu on our 2nd day there. so we were confined to the resort our entire stay. the actual room wasn't that much larger than the value resort. it had a bed and a couch with coffee table, there was a round table and 2 chairs, dresser and a shared night stand. also a stand up lamp. it was a hallway kitchenette on the way to the bathroom. i spent a lot of time in the shower.