PDA

View Full Version : Buid a piece of Disney

texas211
07-17-2011, 02:31 PM
I was watching some of those Home shows on tv, and as well been thinking after my trip to WDW, i'd like to capture a piece at home. Like maybe build a Disney style deck in the backyard, or maybe Disney-esque up the backyard. I dunno. Has anyone else thought of this, or even done it? Would love to see pics or hear ideas.

A Big Kid
07-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Not even! I see those shows too and I can't help thinking, "isn't that a little too much Disney? "

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
07-17-2011, 03:23 PM
As soon as I win the lottery, I am building the pirate ship with a bigger pool!

CanadianWDWFan
07-17-2011, 04:46 PM
I am going to move this thread from the Theme Parks forum to Mousellaneous where you should get more responses.

Hold on!

buzznwoodysmom
07-17-2011, 04:48 PM
As much as my family loves WDW, and Disney in general, our home and yard do not reflect that at all. I can see me adding a few Disney touches, birdbath, chimes, birdhouse, but I don't think we'll ever have an over the top Disney yard or home. We do, however, love watching the "My Yard goes Disney" series!

ransam
07-18-2011, 12:30 AM
i've always wanted to build a monorail that just goes around the dining area.

NewDVCowner
07-18-2011, 11:48 AM
I've never thought about a big project like the one that's on HGTV right now, but every time I go to Disneyland I admire the planting around the Matterhorn. I live in a condo right now and don't have a yard, but once I do have a place to really garden I'll be putting in similar planting.

Dedivah
07-18-2011, 11:56 AM
I love the My Yard Goes Disney series, however, I'm always thinking, "What happens when the kids grow up and they are not the Disney Nut that the parents are?"

Not2Loud
07-18-2011, 06:25 PM
We have touches of Disney throughout our entire house. However, most people don't notice them.

For example, our fireplace screen has a Mickey on it. The only time I really notice is when a fire is lit. We also have some Mickey/Minnie pot holders.

I have some plastic plates that I use for cook-outs that are Disney themed.

At times I think I would like more, but others I think its good to keep in moderation for those times I am burnt out on Disney.

Cara121078
07-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Whenever my husband and I have the "If we ever won mega millions" conversation, it always comes up that in our dream house, we would decorate the bedrooms with themes of various Disney resorts. While it wouldn't be "etreme Mickey", we(and my parents, who are also HUGE fans) would know why they were decorated the way they were.:mickey: However, while My Yard Goes Disney is a cool idea, I agree with all of those who said that most of them look as if the kids will grow out of them sooner than later.