PDA

View Full Version : AAA Park Hopper Plus Annual Pass Upgrade

dp2001
07-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Last year we purchased a 6 Day Passport Plus package from AAA. No lodging, just the Park Hopper tickets with free parking and preferred seating to some shows. Each ticket was $199 not including the AAA service charges.

We looked into upgrading these to Annual Passports and were told the value of our tickets was about $154 instead of the $199. We went to multiple guest services and AP centers and no two people could give us the same answer or a $199 credit.

Has anyone run into this or can explain what is going on with these tickets?

We are going again this August and may run into a similar situation.

Thank you,

Dan

BrerGnat
07-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Off the top of my head, and only guessing here, but the "free parking and special seating to shows" was a perk offered by the AAA specific hopper, and had a "value" somewhere between the $199 you paid and the $154 amount Disney mentioned. Disney will only apply the cost of the ticket where it relates to park entry privileges. My assumption here is that $154 was the going rate for the 6 day park hopper, although even that seems very low. Or, you simply paid for parking, although AAA called it "free". You cannot apply the cost of parking towards an AP upgrade, unless you are purchasing a parking add on, in which case you can.

Tickets offered by anyone other than Disney themselves may have varying face values when you go to upgrade them. You'd be hard pressed to find someone on property who can explain it clearly to you, as they are mostly trained just enough to scan the ticket, or enter in a number to the computer and then relay what the computer tells them.

DisneyaHolic
07-19-2011, 11:41 PM
So, I am wondering: I know in Disney World, if you USE the passes prior to upgrading, you get the value of the passes at Disney's prices, rather than what was paid for the passes. Is that true in Disneyland as well?