PDA

View Full Version : New Safety Procedures at WDW??

jaredkari
07-15-2011, 04:33 PM
We just got back a few weeks ago and we noticed some new safety procedures in place that were not there before

-lap bars on Splash Mountain
-when a ride is about to start moving again after stopping for one reason or another there is an annoucement basically saying "your ride vehicle will begin motion immediately"

When were these added and was there a certain reason??

Daisy'sMom
07-15-2011, 04:43 PM
I have heard the warning about the ride moving many times before. I don't think it is that new. But the lapbars, that is and I think a long time coming.:mickey:

WDWfanatic742
07-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Splash Mountain lap bars were installed this winter or last, can't exactly remember which. The audio spiel has been around for ages on a number or rides.

Gator
07-15-2011, 05:55 PM
The lap bars are new to Splash Mountain, but it still allows for one adult and 2 little kids to ride at the same time thankfully.

As far as the spiel, I don't remember hearing it quite as often as I did than this last January trip. The Haunted Mansion was stopping every 30 seconds and the spiel would start. It was my dad's first trip on the ride and he said it was embarassing that anyone would ride such a terrible ride. Guess the spiel ruined it for him, and it ruined it for me as I did not repeat on the other two days at the MK.

The worst abuser for me, though, was Splash Mountain. We'd be going and then "Looks like Brer Bear and Brer Fox are causing a commotion downstream. Please stay seated until we clear things up." This happened about 12 times during one ride. Then an announcement would say "we're starting your ride." I don't remember that happening before - at least not as frequently. And I hated it.

texas211
07-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah, more unnecessary actions to avoid lawsuits. Why coffee cups have hot contents warnings, and guns have warnings "may be dangerous."

crltkcagle
07-16-2011, 08:01 PM
I didn't know they installed lap bars on splash mountain! I think its a good idea though. I have seen many college kids trying to stand up for the fall!

brivers222
07-17-2011, 10:02 PM
The splash mountain lap bars shortly after our October trip last year.

The Spiels have been around for as long as i can remember. And I agree about the splash mountain spiel.... it would be okay once or twice in like 5 times, but i heard it 7 times during one ride.

joonyer
07-18-2011, 12:36 PM
The lap bars on Splash also keep riders from getting out of their logs when the ride was stopped for some reason. Of course when idiots did this it meant the ride had to stay stopped even longer. Now everyone has to stay seated.
We must be protected from ourselves.