PDA

View Full Version : Why not evening EMH for AK in December

bcornette
07-15-2011, 03:31 PM
There are 2 and sometimes 3 am EMH at AK per week, but no eveing hours, why?
I am planning a trip the first full week of december and would much rather have it open from 5-8pm instead of 8-9am.
I understand the cooler weather and animals but that only affects a very small number of attractions.

I would have thought with MK closing early for MVMCP that something would have pm EMH on those nights, but that's not even the case.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-15-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm thinking because it gets darker earlier in December and there are no fireworks or nighttime shows in AK, so they close earlier...I looked and there are EMH in the morning

PopPhan
07-15-2011, 03:56 PM
They stopped doing evening EMH at AK earlier this year. Reasoning was that there just weren't the crowds to justify keeping the park open late.

Don't know if they will ever start evening EMH there again.

bcornette
07-15-2011, 04:03 PM
That's a bummer. The low crowds is what I loved at AK for evening EMH . walking onto EE is what my son looks forward to, he rides as many times as possible the last hour.

DizneyRox
07-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Yep, cost cutting... Evening hours at AK were the best! Now they are gone, probably never to return again.

I think they added a morning hours to AK, but it's just not the same.

ransam
07-15-2011, 04:48 PM
i think i heard somewhere that the animals had to be taken back by dark so they could be taken care of.

DizneyRox
07-15-2011, 06:23 PM
i think i heard somewhere that the animals had to be taken back by dark so they could be taken care of.
That's always been the case, but many rides can still be operational without them. Donisaur, Primeval Whirl (back when it was open), Everest, Kali River Rapids, It's Tough to be a Bug.

The problem is there's a mass exodus shortly after lunch of people who are done with the park. There's just not enough for most people to do much past 1/2 a day.

Aurora
07-15-2011, 07:36 PM
There aren't EMH nights at AK but during busier months the park is open until 7 or 8 p.m. During our trip the second week of June there was only one night that the park closed before 7.

frozman
07-18-2011, 10:33 PM

That's true, but Kiliminjaro was never open after dark.
The first year that Everest was open that ride had about a 45 minute wait during the Evening EMH (the first part at least), but the rest of the park (Dinosaur, It's tough to be a bug) was deserted.
That was actually a great time to see Everest's queue, as you got to stand in just about every part of it and see all the details, but since no FP was offered the line didn't move painstakingly slow.

JasonH
07-19-2011, 12:22 PM
They stopped doing evening EMH at AK earlier this year. Reasoning was that there just weren't the crowds to justify keeping the park open late.

I had read the same thing as well. Luckily when I go in Nov. I have it planned for the fam to go there the last day they are open until 7pm before they switch to only being open till 5pm for the rest of our trip we're there. :thumbsup: