PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo, Coral Reef or Biergarten?

brivers222
07-15-2011, 02:44 PM
On deluxe Dining plan, neither of us have eaten at any of the three above places... on our honeymoon.

Which would you choose and why?

wildernesslady
07-15-2011, 02:52 PM
My family loves Teppan Edo. It's very entertaining and we have never had a bad meal. Coral Reef was good also and Biergarten is OK. Have fun planning.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-15-2011, 03:14 PM
We quite enjoyed Coral Reef, good food, OK service, great atmosphere with the aquarium, but we LOVE Biergarten and it is a must-do for us every trip.

The food is always good, the service great, we love the show and have had great luck in having the most interesting and fun table-mates! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Deluxe dining, on your honeymoon, I hope you have some signatures on your list. Both Bistro de Paris and Victoria and Albert's are worth checking out, too, though not on the DP. None of the three you've mentioned are restaurants I would consider romantic and honeymoon-worthy. But if you've been to WDW before and are just looking for some fun, yes, all three are good (though Biergarten really isn't my kind of food).

Of the three, I would choose Teppan Edo, just because it's the one I like best of the three. You will be seated with other diners (as you most likely will at Biergarten as well). If you're looking for more peaceful, romantic places, I would suggest others, but I think you're probably just looking for something fun and new of these three and not asking for other recommendations.

brivers222
07-15-2011, 03:29 PM
oh yeah we have California Grill twice, Narcoosee twice, Ohana Dinner three times and Le Cellier twice....

I was just looking for a decent mid afternoon type place near our hotel (BWI) We have California Grill later that night

I am leaning towards Teppan Edo (booked right now)... but am leary because it seems like it skips the main parts of the tradional japanese hibatchi (Onion Soup, Salad, Fried Rice and Shrimp appetiser) I know you can add all those in, but all the places around us include those free of charge.....

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Probably no bad choice here....I would pick Coral Reef...why, we've already tried Biergarten (decent food and lots of fun), there are lots of hibachi restaurants around here so Teppon Edo wouldn't be anything special but where else can you go eat and watch fish swimming around in a giant aquarium? Not to mention, Coral Reef's menu looks pretty good...You'll be happy with anyway you go I'm thinking:)

Gator
07-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Wow, that's a tough choice! Teppen Edo has the best food for me. It's also fun to have the chef cooking in front of you as well as having guests at your table.

Coral Reef has great food, especially seafood. The aquariam is a nice touch.

Biergarten is tons of fun, but the food is just good (not great). And the indoors architecture is really great.

This is tough, but I'd probably go to Biergarten since it's your honeymoon. It's best when enjoyed by adults with no children along. IMHO.

ThanxForNoticin
07-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Of your 3 choices, easily Teppan Edo would be our recommendation, followed by Biergarten. From our experience, Coral Reef is a distant last on this list - but I know there are a lot of people who love it there. Have a wonderful honeymoon trip!

brivers222
07-17-2011, 10:50 PM
I shared all the input provided and we both decided we will be sticking with Teppan Edo... that is unless Le Cellier lunch pops up :)

Mfarquar
07-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Great call with Tepan Edo! You will not be disappointed. The soup and salad is not a big deal, IMO because the quality is much better than most Americanized hibachi places.

Benni Hanna cannot compare - on two totally different levels!

Enjoy!

DisneyDINK
07-18-2011, 10:01 AM
I would probably go with Coral Reef. Of the three it would be the one where you get a table for two, more intimate. Good seafood, watch the fish, glass of wine, bit more romantic.

I really like Biergarten, but they seat you with others, which can be fun, but you can also get seated with some stoic nimrods. The buffet is just OK, the real draw for me is the beer. Are you beer people or wine people? I really enjoy the band as well.

Teppan Edo - good food, but you can do Teppan grill many places.

brivers222
07-18-2011, 11:09 AM
The problem i am having with choosing any of these three are the following:

Teppan Edo -- You are right we have by far the best one ever right near our house called Miyako's.... nothing has been able to touch it and i fear disney will be a let down

Coral Reef - DW is not a seafood eater at all, not one bite... and the reviews have been really hot / cold for this place

Biergarten - I am a beer drinker but she is a wine-o... and neither of us are 100% satisfied on the German food choices.

We are eating at a TON of places so its not as important, but yet, this is a hard time slot to fill lol
The reason I picked these three places was because they are in close proximity to our hotel.

Although, now i found a 50's Prime time opening at 1:30 that might be a better fit... Plus we both Love the Fried Chickend and Pot roast!!!

SBETigg
07-18-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm confused as to why try any of the three, then, with so many other great choices?

I think Tokyo Dining might be a better fit for you than Teppan Edo, considering. The view of World Showcase and having a table to yourselves make it more a draw than Teppan Edo, maybe? Very good food. I love the bento box. Plus, if you have a great hibachi place at home, there really is no reason to go for it at WDW.

Coral Reef does have other choices besides seafood/fish. It does get mixed reviews (but most places do). It's worth it once for the atmosphere (though it is noisy and when you have a table near the tank, you have a lot of eyes on you to see the fish behind you).

Biergarten, not going to tell you that it isn't a lot of sausage and heavy food (because it is). But it's lovely inside (like a Bavarian village at night) and fun to watch the little ones dancing to the band. This place is a big draw for families with small children.

Maybe Chefs de France? Kouzzina? Rose & Crown? San Angel Inn has recently changed the menu and is getting some good reviews. There are so many choices.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I would consider one of the other WS restaurants....I've always wanted to try Rose and Crown for one...Via Napoli looks good, and we are trying out Chefs De france in December, plus I agree, there are other options than seafood at Coral Reef....if you have good hibachi close to home, be adventurous and try something new:mickey:

AllDisney
07-18-2011, 05:45 PM
I'd pick Coral Reef. We have never had a bad experience there.

dizneydeb22
07-19-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm sure you'll be happy whichever way you choose. All three are such different dining experiences. I will say, when I asked my DH what he would choose, he said Teppan Edo. We went there on our second honeymoon(first time there without kids), and we had a very nice time. We were seated with other couples and had very nice conversations and learned some new things about Disney! Good luck with your choice and have a Magical Honeymoon!:tink: