PDA

View Full Version : Favorite BGM

ryca1dreams
07-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Not expecting a huge response, but I'll throw this out:

What is your favorite background music in all of WDW? This can also be ride BGM (usually queue music) as long as it's not the music played during the ride.

To me this si one of the many details that makes the "magic" in WDW. It sets a mood and carries the theming, but you hardly know it's there sometimes as it is part of the whole.

With that said, my favorite is the BGM in Tomorrowland followed closely by the music playing throughout the grounds at the Poly.

Your turn.

jazzy
07-15-2011, 01:48 PM
I love any BGM on mainstreet at MK followed by any BGM in FL,TL then BGM at epcot.:mickey

VWL Mom
07-15-2011, 01:50 PM
I have 2 favorites:

"Theme from Big Country" played at Wilderness Lodge
"Remember the Magic" from the 25th anniversary

Unfortunately i think they're both extinct now.

btharvey
07-15-2011, 02:06 PM
My favorite BGM is Animal Kingdom Tree of Life Garden Area ... sleep with it in the background every night. After that would be Tomorrowland, Innoventions, Wilderness Lodge and ... Adventureland!

sassafras
07-15-2011, 02:19 PM
I like the music they play for Illuminations at Epcot. That being said, I loved the Millenium March they used for the Dream Makers parade at Epcot years ago!

DisneyDoug2
07-15-2011, 02:27 PM
My two would be the back ground music at the WL and “When you dream upon a star” during wishes

lettripp
07-15-2011, 02:31 PM
I love the queue music on Test Track!

Also, the music around Innoventions always gets me in the Disney state of mind :mickey:

Ian
07-15-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm a huge fan of the BGM at WDW, so I have a couple I can list:

The Innoventions area loop at Epcot
The Epcot fountain loop
The old (pre-2003) Tomorrowland BGM, when it consisted of the Andreas Vollenweider/David Lanz/new agey music
The Main Street loop

Auntie B
07-15-2011, 03:02 PM
The Illuminations 5 minute warning music (that is really more like a 25 minute warning). My co-workers have learned to like it too!!

darthmacho
07-15-2011, 03:03 PM
This is a great topic! I think I'd have a hard time narrowing it down to one, so here's a few that are really memorable to me, actually in order:

1. Wilderness Lodge Lobby: The western classical music brings me back to my first wondrous moments on WDW property.
2. Main Street USA: The background music here really gives you that WDW feel.
3. Fantasyland/Castle area: Same as above.
4. Port Orleans Riverside: The jazzy music here really enhanced my most recent trip.
5. Epcot Entrance Music: When I hear it, it brings me back to the 1999 trip, the only trip we started with Epcot instead of MK, and after being the second car to arrive in the parking lot, the sky still dark, when I heard that music and swelled up with excitement and euphoria over having returned to WDW! (I could probably rank this higher.)
6. Coronado Springs: From that same trip, I recall walking around the grounds, inside and out, and even in the bathroom, and loving how the Mexican music was enhancing the theming.
7. Mariachi Cobre: Speaking of Mexico, I always have to see the mariachi band!

I could actually go on, but those are my "Magnificent Seven" of BGM. Thank you for bringing it up. It was a fun question to answer! :mickey:

goofygirl64
07-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Definitely Wilderness Lodge for me. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but they even have crickets chirping as you walk in the main entrance. How cool is that?!

brivers222
07-15-2011, 03:13 PM
I like the music the very second on arrive at Epcot... totally feels like i am in disney then

disneymom2000
07-15-2011, 04:50 PM
I like the music they play for Illuminations at Epcot. That being said, I loved the Millenium March they used for the Dream Makers parade at Epcot years ago!

Ditto. I have even saved this music to my iTunes and play it as BGM while driving.

UCJen
07-15-2011, 04:54 PM
I love the Innoventions Area Music Loop and I love the song that plays just before Illuminations begins, "Our Life" by Uttara-Kuru.

MrPeetrie
07-16-2011, 06:26 AM
This is a great topic. I think background music is essential to Disney's success. It is the subconscious "hook" that brings you back.

A few of my favs are:
1.) Main Street Area Loop
2.) Illuminations pre-show music
3.) Tree of Life Gardens Area Loop
4.) Sunset Blvd. Area Loop
5.) POTC Area queue music.

I have others, too. Nice topic.

Pop Centurion
07-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Pretty much all of the BGM at Epcot. I love listening to it at home as well while relaxing. You can actually picture yourself in each area when you hear the music.

texas211
07-16-2011, 05:18 PM
The music and Epcot, brings me back and lets me know i'm back at Disney.

But I love the march music on the bus, when you arrive at the MK.

kemps@wdw
07-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Mine would have to be the music playing in the wonderfully cavernous lobby @ the Wilderness Lodge. Soothing, melodious, and lends to a perfect relaxing atmosphere in an otherwise hectic World!

ransam
07-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Celebrate the music hand in hand.....

but talking about music? i love the music at disney and how it plays nonstop. When ever i come home i always have the music ringing in my ears for a few days and i love it.

MickeysEars
07-17-2011, 11:45 AM
My husband has always said it is the Christmas music playing EVERYWHERE at Christmas time! It becomes the soundtrack to our home movies
:santa3:

Aurora
07-17-2011, 02:29 PM
1. Music as you enter Epcot from the monorail.
2. In front of the Chinese Theater where the prints and autographs are.
3. Frontierland at MK.
4. The queue at Tower of Terror.

texas211
07-17-2011, 02:50 PM
The ol Adventureland drums. Pure atmosphere.

Ksmith75
07-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Mine is a little silly. At the Enchanted Grove refreshment stand, the music in the background. When DH and I went in March, we spent a good bit of time people watching in that area, and the music is so happy and silly it was making us laugh. When we went again in May, I stood near the speakers hidden in plants and recorded a bit with my iphone....I love it, you really have to sit there and listen to it for a few minutes...

MrPeetrie
07-17-2011, 07:02 PM
I forgot two great ones:

The music at Port Orleans French Quarter
The music at Port Orleans Riverside

I LOVE both of them!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

texas211
07-17-2011, 07:16 PM
I forgot two great ones:

The music at Port Orleans French Quarter
The music at Port Orleans Riverside

I LOVE both of them!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good Call! Love Riverside (though still Dixie Landings to me). Though not music, the sounds of the water wheel, and the natural wildlife. Great to be home.

frozman
07-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Defenitley the Frontierland area music (also BTMRR music loop)
Makes me think of lazy carefree days out west

teamblackwell
07-18-2011, 12:58 AM
A couple of my favorites;
1. Jungle Cruise - Albert Awol Queue Loop
2. Illuminations pre-show - Appalachian Morning(hidden valley ranch song)
3. Tomorrowland - Behind the Waterfall

Terra
07-18-2011, 08:05 AM
I'm a huge fan of the BGM at WDW, so I have a couple I can list:

The Innoventions area loop at Epcot
The Epcot fountain loop

The Illuminations 5 minute warning music (that is really more like a 25 minute warning). My co-workers have learned to like it too!!

3. Fantasyland/Castle area: Same as above.
4. Port Orleans Riverside: The jazzy music here really enhanced my most recent trip.
5. Epcot Entrance Music: When I hear it, it brings me back to the 1999 trip, the only trip we started with Epcot instead of MK, and after being the second car to arrive in the parking lot, the sky still dark, when I heard that music and swelled up with excitement and euphoria over having returned to WDW! (I could probably rank this higher.)

Yes to all of these!

In addition, each country's BGM throughout World Showcase. It's wonderful to hear music somewhat native to each land!

I have quite a few of the above listed music on CD's and in my MP3 player!! Gives me the WDW feel at home!!!

I always thought it would be great if they had BGM as soon as you passed through the huge Welcome to Walt Disney World sign! Roll down your windows and enjoy!!!

grumpyguy
07-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Excellant topic !! I believe the music at Disneyworld is a huge part of the subliminal
magic at work.That being said..my favs are the Mainstreet loop at MK and then innovations
plaza at Epcot.
I also love how it changes as you move throughout the parks without really ever noticing:thumbsup:

Katzateer
07-18-2011, 08:24 AM
The music really means a lot to me. I have all the cd music from the parks I can find. Favorite is from EPCOT parade a fewyearsback - my daughter used part of it for her gymnastics routine.

slegrant
07-18-2011, 09:35 AM
I love all the background Music throughout the parks and resorts but if I have to narrow it down here are some of my favorites:

Fort Wilderness Loop
Wilderness Lodge Loop
Music loop throughout Adventureland

Great topic:mickey:

DisneyDINK
07-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Yeah, great topic!

Some of my favorites:

1. Epcot Entrance
2. Polynesian - I love the music outdoors when sitting outside at Captain Cook's or strolling the paths at night amidst the tiki torches. There something really relaxing about Hawaiian music.
3. MK Main Street
4. BW lobby pipe organ
5. Tomorrowland - "Behind the Waterfall" - mentioned before, the new-age stuff just fits with tomorrowland
6. I might be getting confused with Disneyland, but I really like the "Rocket Rods" music in the Astro Orbiter ("World of creativity. No end to the possibilities...)

Many of these show up from time to time on various Disney Internet radio stations.

DisneyorBust
07-18-2011, 06:40 PM
In no particular order:
Polynesian Resort
Epcot Entrance Music
Innoventions
International Gateway (before they started playing music from "Cars", how that fit in the World Showcase I'll never know) :confused:
Main Street
Germany Pavillion :beer:
I could go on and on.........:D

dream6
07-18-2011, 07:05 PM
The background music is probably one of my favorite things at Disney!! According to my iTunes when I search for Disney World it could play for two days straight :mickey:

But my favorite background music comes from Epcot, especially in Future World and around the entrance.

Ian
07-18-2011, 08:35 PM

I love the Innoventions Area Music Loop and I love the song that plays just before Illuminations begins, "Our Life" by Uttara-Kuru.During our last trip I actually ended up using the Shazam app on my iPhone to identify all the songs in the IllumiNations pre-show loop. My favorite is actually Busindre Reel by Hevia, but Our Life is a close second! :thumbsup:

3. Tomorrowland - Behind the Waterfall

5. Tomorrowland - "Behind the Waterfall" - mentioned before, the new-age stuff just fits with tomorrowlandYeah, Behind the Waterfall is my absolute favorite from that loop. I really wish they hadn't replaced it, even though I like some of the tracks on the current BGM.