PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Android App

John
07-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Hey All:

Just looking for some feedback. The site we use for our podcast hosting has a deal where we can offer our podcast as an "App" for android. They had offered the iPhone as well but apple turned them down saying the content of the app duplicated the website.

Anyway, we can go two routes... Paid - where you buy it for $1.99 or Free where the site pays $99 a year additional. Actually it's a little bit more than that as we'd need to increase our yearly hosting cost about $100 as well to a level that supports this product.

So, the question is - Would you pay $1.99 for an app? Another option is to get a sponsor to cover all the costs.

Thoughts?

BTW, this wouldn't have anything to do with a website app. That would be seperate and something else we are looking into. Just wanted to see if there would be any interest.

Right now, I use google listen to pull in the podcast feed.

brownie
07-14-2011, 04:06 PM
John, I use Google Listen, too, and am very happy with it. I can't see moving to a paid app for podcasts.

Since there are several good free alternatives for listening to podcasts in the Android Market, I don't see much benefit in offering a "free" app for the INTERCOT Insider Live.

Would this be an app that would only play the INTERCOT Insider Live? Personally, I'd rather have apps that can do more than one thing so I don't have to have as many installed apps. Would this be an actual app or would it be more of a bookmark? One of the benefits of Google Listen is downloading the podcasts for offline listening; I'll listen to podcasts during flights.

John
07-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Gathering details - this wouldn't stop anyone from downloading other ways - and to be clear, we're not thinking about making the podcast pay for play - it will always be free. It would just provide the convenience of brining up your intercot app for listening to the podcast.

Problem has been for whatever reason, in any of the apps on android, when I search for our podcast it doesn't show.

I'll post more details when I get them.

Jim&AngieMarriner
07-17-2011, 08:26 AM
I downloaded Google Listen just so i could hear the Intercot Podcast. I have subscribed to it and its the only one I subscribe to so i dont have any problems fiding the podcast.

I will say i have zero problems with using Listen for it. It downloads the podcast at a great speed and the sound quality is good. Even the Cylon voices are good quality.