PDA

View Full Version : halloween party

peter's #1 fan
07-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi we're going to the halloween party for the first time. yeah. what kinds of costumes does everyone wear.
thanks

mickey_M_lvr
07-14-2011, 12:41 PM
We are also going for the first time. I am thinking something light since it is still pretty hot when we are going.

I look forward to seeing the things people come up with.

Have a great trip!

Strmchsr
07-14-2011, 03:29 PM
There's a variety of things worn, mostly Disney-releated costumes, but the two big things are nothing scary (remember, it's supposed to be the "Not So Scary" party) and nothing that prevents you from seeing (completely covers the face). They would probably suggest nothing too revealing, but I'm never seen that at WDW so I don't know if it's an issue.

squijee
07-15-2011, 04:10 PM
we are going this year and I am making tshirt costumes. I am going as pooh, dh is going as Mickey, my aunt will be Snow White and my mom is gonna be Dopey.

IloveDisney71
07-15-2011, 07:57 PM
We are also going for our first time this year & I'm so excited. I want to wear some type of costume but I want to be comfortable. I've looked all over the internet for ideas but I haven't settled on an idea yet. I may just dress up like a mouseketeer (sp?). Can't get much easier than that. :mickey: I can't wait to see the Halloween parade and the fireworks. :mpumpkin:

MrPeetrie
07-15-2011, 09:13 PM
I agree with previous posts. Mostly Disney-related costumes. Both kids and grown-ups alike participate.

I have to say: the MNSSHP is probably our favorite event. You are going to LOVE it!!!!

nfrustaci
07-15-2011, 10:20 PM
we will be there too. i am packing skull caps and eye patches. with the hoop earings of course. guess what my entire family of 7 are going to be ???? keep it simple because when they don't want to wear it anymore you want to be able to store it easily in your back pack :thumbsup:

Urbss
07-18-2011, 09:04 PM
My family attened the past 3 years and we love it. We all dress up as something. We've been pirates, Buzz Lightyear, Princess, Zorrro, etc.

Of course all costumes should be appropriate in the family setting. And, like someone else said, you can't have your face completely covered.

My best advice though is to make sure it is something that is 1. easy to pack 2. not too hot 3. comfortable 4. doesn't require footwear that is going to make you regret it and finally 5. make sure it is not too bulky - we've seen people attempting to get on/off rides with bulky costumes and wondered what the heck they were thinking.

Have a great time. We are going to miss it this year and I am seriously depressed about it - but I can't complain since my wife should be having the baby on the week we would have been going!!!

Enjoy!!

DisneyWitch
07-18-2011, 09:07 PM
You will love it. It's my favorite party of the year. The best costumes I ever saw were a whole family of fast passes. Mom, Dad, and kids all with cardboard hanging over their shoulders....complete with return times and everything. It must have been hard to get on some of the rides but it was very original.

desilu78
07-26-2011, 09:01 PM
It will be our first family vacation together (first Halloween Party for my son and I at MK). He is very into Star Wars. So he will be dressed up as Darth Vadar, I will be Leia, and my bf will be Han Solo.

07-26-2011, 10:09 PM
A lot of pirates, Disney characters, french maids and haunted mansion type costumes. 2009 a lady came as a jellyfish (very good costume - probably rented) and her partner was a ray. Also had about a 65 or 70 yr. old lady come as Tinker Bell (no comment).

Last year a group of 7 or so Mouseketeers, complete with tap shoes and all. They were really good too, sang and danced.

If you come as a pirate, don't bring too real (metal) of a sword. It will end up in a locker at the old will call booth courtesy of Security.

Be sure and get a parade spot near the curb or rope so that at the end of the parade you can get your trick r treat bag out there for the candies.

biodtl
07-27-2011, 09:46 AM
You will see all kinds of costumes. The most original I ever saw was a woman who went as a painting. She carried a framed poster of The Scream that had a hole cut out where the face was and she stuck her own face in it. I imagine it got tiring to carry it around and she couldn't get it on rides, though.

My friend and I did some simple costumes for our first MNSSHP: Minnie & Daisy. We wore golf-style shirts (red for Minnie, a pastel for Daisy) and I made us very basic polka-dotted skirts in the coordinating colors. My friend added black tights & shoes & ears, and I added yellow tights (and made simple felt "duck feet" that fit over my shoes and a vintage Daisy hat (with the plastic bill). DH & DD2 were Beast (pants & button down & I made a purple cape & Beast mask) & Belle (store bought). DS & friend were Blues Brothers.

The next time, DH & DS did t-shirt costumes & DD & I were princesses (store bought)

DVCJohn
07-27-2011, 11:25 AM
I went to MNSSHP in 2006 as Hines Ward.
That was the fall after Hines was the Superbowl MVP. So I wore my Official Superbowl XL Locker Room Hat and Tee Shirt. And I had a big candy ring.
(That was my Superbowl Ring)
I had my parents there and we all had a great time Trick or Treating in the Magic Kingdom.

brivers222
07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
we dressed up as bride and groom as we were on our Engagement trip....

watching people in costumes was awesome!

peter's #1 fan
07-27-2011, 12:16 PM
thanks for all the great ideas me, my son, and my mom have decided to be pirates with plastic swords. very simple and easy to put in a backpack when done with it. only 69 days left :mickey:

tdk316
07-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Last year my boys were 3 & 1 so I bought those cute long-sleeve tees from Children's Place that showed a skeleton with candy in his tummy and let them wear their normal shorts and shoes. They had a blast (although the 1yo didn't last too long), the older one lasted though the fireworks and had a great time chasing down Goofy balloons!

joanna71985
07-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I am probably going to dress up this year. I am either going to go as a pirate (I want to get something for my cruise in Feb, so then I could get more use out of it), or I may go as a Gryffindor student from Harry Potter (I already have the outfit).

KatieDuck22
07-31-2011, 04:17 PM
from my experience it's personal preference, some ppl go big some ppl don't wear much of a costume at all. i've worn a pumpkin, and a ninja costume in the past.

Disney Doll
08-01-2011, 07:58 AM
This year we're attending our 3rd MNSSHP. From my experience the most important thing is comfort. It will be hot. You will walk a lot. You will want to be able to ride rides. With that in mind I highly recommend a costume that could be incorporated with shorts and a t-shirt. This year we are doing a family safari theme. My boys will have decorated t-shirts (lion & giraffe) plus ears and tails. My husband and I will be on safari with cargo shorts, fisherman's vest, and straw hat. We have a child's canteen and binoculars for props.

One year we just wore Disney themed Halloween tees. There are lots of really cute ones on Etsy.