PDA

View Full Version : Play areas

faberj
07-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Are there play areas in each park for small children?

BigRedDad
07-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Yes there are and I am strictly going from memory here.

MK:
Pooh's play area in Fantasyland. It may be closed though.
Toon Town had some but I pretty sure that is closed.
Tom Sawyer's Island

Epcot:
Innovations
Mission to Mars at the exit is a big climbing thing with a slide I think.
World Showcase has 1 or 2 around. One is small. I know at the F&G festival they had one near the entrance to WS as well

DHS:
I know there is at least one, but can't remember where.

AK:
Dinoland has the huge dig site and play area.
Not really a play area, but the train at the back takes you to an area to explore and petting zoo.

disneygirlie11
07-12-2011, 09:08 AM
DHS has the honey I shrunk the kids play area

lovinmesomedisney
07-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Bone yard at Animal Kingdom.
Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground at the Studios.
Tom Sawyer Island at Magic Kingdom.

MizMissy
07-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Additionally, for toddlers, there is also a small play area next to Splash Mountain in MK (under the bridge to the train station) and I think (?) a small play area next to Turtle Talk in EPCOT (where you can take a picture in the cut out of Bruce from Nemo).

From what I recall (my kids were always too big to play in these areas), these really are just a couple of small climb/crawl boxes with slides.

As a side note, the Boneyard in AK and Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground in DHS are fabulous play areas, I just wish they had more shaded seating for parents ... or maybe that's their way to insure kids do not stay too long??

faberj
07-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Thank you so much for the info! I have been to WDW serveral times now, but this is the first that we will be traveling with our son. He will have just turned 2 at the time of our trip next year. I was just looking for areas for him to get out of his stroller and just run around and play. I am glad there is something in each park for him. I also plan on taking him over to TS Island to explore.

Lizzie
07-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Love the one at the end of Mission Space and the one at the exit to splash.

The baby care centers are great. Not usually a wait to change diapers they have little toilets if your kids are just learning to use the toilet. And the ac and cartoons make it a nice little break.

sixshot19
07-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Disney studios, my 3 year olds loved the Honey I shrunk the kids play area. The boneyard at Animal Kingdom is great as well.