PDA

View Full Version : Episode 18 - You?ll Stay Here and You?ll Like It!

John
07-10-2011, 11:30 PM
The Cast: Carol, Mel, Ian, Gary, Jeff & John

The biggest crew for the podcast yet - 6 is the magic number

John’s just back from the world and has plenty to say - though Ian gets

in an Edit early on. Yes, that’s why everyone is giggling.

Hoop De Doo at Fort Wilderness still a good time after all these years.

*Say hi to Dan Patrick’s look alike.* Getting there is a little bit

convoluted.

Keep Carol on Speed Dial!* Ask Carol!

INTERCOT’s Best Of Entertainment- Gary likes the Street Performers in the UK and Italy- Ian loves Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe- Carol goes out to Disneyland for the Billy’s at the Golden Horseshoe

or Off Kilter in Canada @ Epcot.- Jeff enjoys the Holidays Around The World @ Epcot and streetmosphere

at Disney Studios.- Mel preferst the Voices of Liberty at the American Adventure (It’s

Not A Board Room Fellas…)- John thinks Push is a hoot in the Magic Kingdom and DeVine at the

Animal Kingdom

This episodes song is Midnight At The Oasis by Maria Muldaur - Send

your camel to bed from 1974.

Talking Food from John’s Trip!- Quick Service Burgers - BRUTAL say John & Ian. Something has

definately changed. As John tweeted it tasted like a combination of

cardboard and soybean flavored with smoke. Like eating a hockeypuck.- Columbia Harbor House tuna sandwich was sub-par.* Mushy and

Mayonaisy!- Kona was excellent - sushi was fab.* John tells the trick…- ESPN Zone does not dissapoint. Burgers and Dingers are wonderful.

Disney Pin Code Promos - Disney Picks Your Resort - We try to

understand.

Old Key West Resort Discussion - Water Sprites go 5 mph.* We transition

into a discussion on busses.

Waterparks - if you haven’t been recently - GO!

Vinylmation - Like Mel, John has been sucked in.

Escaped the heat in Voyage of the Little Mermaid. LASERS!

Carol covers the current Rehabs/Announcements/Park Hours

Mel ponders Test Track changes?* Rumours of Cars in Lights Motors and

Meet n’ Greet

>> Listen Here! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/default.asp)

mariak
07-11-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't see episode 18 available for download on iTunes. Should it be there now? Or does it take a bit?

Thank you!

John
07-11-2011, 10:02 AM
If you are subscribed in iTunes just refresh the feed. Website wise, it takes a little bit to show up. When I refreshed the desktop client, the download started for me.

mariak
07-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Thank you! :thumbsup:

Not2Loud
07-12-2011, 03:00 PM
I wanted to comment about the commentary on the water parks at WDW.

I typically buy the Premium Annual Pass for myself and usually have the 10 day non-expiring tickets with WaterParks and More on them.

Do I pay a premium for the water park option? Probably. To add the water park option to the 10 day tickets is $55 or so. I look at it this way, out of the 10 days available, we probably use 6 on the waterparks and 4 on Disney Quest. That works out to $5.50 for each visit to these places.

We typically only go to the waterparks on their magic hour mornings. So, from 8-11 AM those days, we typically can ride every slide multiple times and have had our fill. For $5.50 each visit, I feel like I am getting a really good value.

Are Disney's waterparks the best in the world? I don't know. But I always enjoy them and DD8 loves going to them.

Off Topic: I know I may bet flamed for the type tickets we buy, but it works for us. I get the PAP so for room discounts, all the various discounts on food, entertainment, and shopping while at WDW. On the last trip, I saved roughly $25 on purchases (2 day trip). When there in June, I saved well over $150 on purchases.

The other issue is I am self employed. So I buy the 10 day tickets knowing we have them and are price protected until we use all the days. Also, on the lean years its nice to have the tickets already paid for.

If went to the parks each and every day we are there, I would probably do things differently. Our last family trip in June, we were at Ft. Wilderness for 7 days. Out of the 7 days, we only went to the Big 4 on 2 of the days. When we do the parks, we will typically visit 2 in a day, if not 3. We enjoy the flexibility of doing WDW the way we want and not trying to fit everything in.

I guess this may come from being a bit of an addict and going regularly, but thats the magic for us. We see what we want to see, when we want to see. I think sometimes people let the vacation take control of them instead of controlling and enjoying their vacations.

I apologize for my rambling, but listening to the podcast along with an older one recently where Ian talked about overall value, I wanted to put in my 2 cents.

Thanks for the podcasts! I truly enjoy listening to them!

dpamac
07-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Off Topic: I know I may bet flamed for the type tickets we buy, but it works for us.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. It works for you. Sometimes I think we get so wrapped up in how we do things and what's a value for us that we often easily dismiss the value for others, you know? What seems crazy for one person can often be the perfect solution for another.

diz_girl
07-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks for another enjoyable Podcast. Looking forward to the next one. Of course, 'Midnight at the Oasis' will be running through my head for the rest of the day, which replaces the alternating 'Pumped Up Kicks' and 'Where Them Girls At'.

diz_girl
07-14-2011, 04:56 PM
That was my 1,500th post. Woohoo!

iceicebritney
07-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Another great podcast! Can't wait for the next.

I love that you covered Best Disney Entertainment as a topic!

I love when the live band plays at Grand Floridian in the Lobby. Does that still take place?

Best entertainment of all time, in my opinion, was the singing waiter at Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club:mickey: he was A-mazing! Does anyone remember him?

Melanie
07-24-2011, 07:51 PM
I love when the live band plays at Grand Floridian in the Lobby. Does that still take place?

Best entertainment of all time, in my opinion, was the singing waiter at Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club:mickey: he was A-mazing! Does anyone remember him?

Not familiar with either one of them. Seems a shame that some of these lesser known entertainers are no longer appearing.