PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Art Museum

Katzateer
07-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Today we went on a day trip to the art museum in Philly. We took Amtrak to the 30 th street station and a taxi to the museum.

At the Amtrak station the directions I got said we could walk but it would have been a hike! The taxi wasn't as cheap as the ones in NYC but it was quick and easy.

We got to walk around admiring the outside of the museum for about 15 minutes before it opened at 10 am. Must have been at least a dozen joggers during that time that ran up the " Rocky" steps. must be a favorite spot forthe locals.

Enjoyed the museum but I still love the Art Institute in Chicago. We were able to cover the museum in about 2 1/2 hours and took the shuttle over to the Chagall exhibit at the annex.

Had lunch at the Granite Hill in the museum. That was very nice.

The train ride home was easy. I enjoy traveling by Amtrak.

SBETigg
07-10-2011, 09:24 PM
I enjoyed the museum when I was in Philly, too. We left feeling like there was so much more we could have seen, but we toured a special exhibit while we were there(Picasso), so I think that ate up extra time.

NJGIRL
07-11-2011, 08:40 AM
I love that museum. They have so many cool collections. I especially love the medieval cloisters.

Mickey'sGirl
07-11-2011, 09:11 AM
You all should come up to Toronto to visit the Royal Ontario Museum! It's a fab way to spend a day, and there are after 4 discounts to be had!!

DisneyDog
07-11-2011, 01:43 PM
It's a beautiful museum. We are so fortunate to have something so incredible and world famous in our own backyard. I don't take advantage often enough.

LisaP
07-23-2011, 11:47 PM
The Art Museum of Phila also offers on the first Sunday of every month pay what you wish for admission.

And they are also offering free admission for active military personnel and immediate families.