PDA

View Full Version : Please help,Brain Freeze...

Exo
07-10-2011, 01:33 PM
What was the event where you could be on tv shows? I was selected to be on an episode of Cheers. I think they had Designing Women and other 80's shows. I can't remember what this was!

Thanks

JPL
07-10-2011, 01:43 PM
The attraction was called Superstar Television it was located in theater that is now home to American Idol.

SandmanGStefani24
07-10-2011, 05:13 PM
yep, saw it back in the '95 trip.

I can only remember two of the shows.
David Letterman (guests asking Dave to smash things in an industrial crusher.)

The Golden Girls (you could also see the Girls' house during the Backlot Tour at the time.)

This might have been the show where they showed people how to be a foley artist and make sounds for TV and movies, but I could be wrong on this one...

faline
07-10-2011, 05:30 PM
This might have been the show where they showed people how to be a foley artist and make sounds for TV and movies, but I could be wrong on this one...

This occurred in the area that is now home to Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous.

SandmanGStefani24
07-10-2011, 05:33 PM
thanks faline!

My how the 'Studios have changed...

faline
07-10-2011, 05:36 PM
My how the 'Studios have changed...

They certainly have!

Exo
07-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Awesome thanks all!!!

JasonH
07-10-2011, 08:27 PM
*sigh* How I miss Superstar Television and Monster Sound Show (the one where you could be a "Foley" artist and the short starred Chevy Chase and Martin Short. Between the two of them, I've been chosen to be a part of it, not once, not twice, not thrice, but 4 times!!! :D

3 times for Superstar and once for Monster Sound Show. Of the 3 times, I had played the butler getting the pie in the face for the Three Stooges skit twice and once chosen as a detective for the Golden Girls skit. Fun times! :cloud9:

Imagineer1981
07-11-2011, 03:21 PM
The monster sound show was a very cool experience and a great show. The film was classic and really was not dated. You actually felt like you were at a real studio

Daisy'sMom
07-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Those two shows were great and my family loved them. DHS is lacking something now.:mickey:

DNS
07-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Is this the same show that had Home Improvement? We never went to it, but I remember something about it on my old Disney Vacation Planning Videos.

Patricia
07-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Both were fun shows and I miss them.

Although the stunt shows are fun, it seems like there is not a lot of actual studio production stuff around the Studios anymore.

Totodog
07-12-2011, 05:13 PM
They also used to have a place on Hollywood blvd (I think it's a gift shop now), where a cast member dressed up as a director, and a cue card guy would 'direct' you in scenes. I believe it only last maybe the first year the park was open. They would tape it then sell you the tape as well as broadcast your performance on monitors on the street outside. Fun stuff.

JasonH
07-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Is this the same show that had Home Improvement? We never went to it, but I remember something about it on my old Disney Vacation Planning Videos.

Towards the end of it's run (Superstar Television), yes they did include a skit for Home Improvement. They used to try and pick someone out of the audience that most closely resembled Al and they would have pitted against Tim in a speed contest of nailing drywall. I think we all know who wins that one. :thumbsup: