PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Ocean City Maryland

NJGIRL
07-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Any suggestions for a hotel in Ocean City MD? We are only staying for one night and want a beach front or boardwalk front hotel. We have never been there before but want a hotel on the boardwalk near/ close to the action. I am looking for a clean/newer hotel, not something old and outdated. Any suggestions?

Katzateer
07-10-2011, 08:23 PM
We were there for a week for a dance competition a couple of years ago. I got a place right off the boardwalk on the beach. it was expensive and ok...the rest of the week we stayed at a nice new ( at the time) Comfort Suites. It was not on the Boardwalk- was on the way out of Ocean City but close enough for us ( could 't walk to the beach). We could stay at the Comfort Suites 3 nights for what it cost to stay on the beach one night.

didn't like Ocean City that much when we weren't at the convention center we went to Assessetige Island to see the horses. And ate at a real crab shack that was good on the way to the island.

brownie
07-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Check with John Y, I believe he was there a few weeks ago. I walked the boardwalk there back at the beginning of June on a work trip. We stayed at a hotel in Salisbury. Most of the hotels that I saw are probably not ones you'd want to stay at (I couldn't tell you any names at this point anyways.)

NJGIRL
07-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Thank you both. I have the feeling it's going to be a gamble at these hotels (just like it is at our beaches). It's only going to be overnight since we are in the area and I wanted something that we can walk out the door and be on the boardwalk where the action is.

stephntampa
07-18-2011, 08:40 PM
We just returned from OC, MD. We stayed in a townhome on the bay, but I did notice a Hilton hotel that wasn't too far from the boardwalk on the Atlantic side that loooked nice from the street. There was a large Holiday Inn that looked decent, too. Again an observation from the outside, not actually in the hotel. Assateague State Park is a beautiful park with a very nice beach, and many walking trails (take/wear bug spray), and seeing the wild horses is just too cool! The boardwalk was ok, I would definitely spend time at Assateague again! We also drove into Rehoboth Beach, Deleware for an afternoon of outlet shopping, what a beautiful area!

green ranger
07-18-2011, 09:04 PM
We were there in May and LOVED the Hilton hotel. Very pricey this time of year though. Not sure what your budget is, but definitely a nice, newer and clean hotel. We wouldn't stay any where else in OC

AllDisney
07-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Usually there is a minimum night stay (I think it's 3).

LisaP
07-25-2011, 12:00 AM
If you have never been, I suggest visiting Berlin, MD (right near Assateague) which is the town where Runaway Bride was made, then Tuck Everlasting. Beautiful little town!