PDA

View Full Version : Best iPhone ap for the parks?

KAT1811
07-10-2011, 09:31 AM
What is the best iPhone ap for use in the parks, with wait times and things like that?

disneymom15
07-10-2011, 10:20 AM
I have a few. Undercovertourist has an all in one app that cost about $4 or $5. WDW has free seperate apps-dining, park hours, wait times. I find I use the WDW apps the most. On second thought, the WDW apps may have cost $.99. Can't remember for sure.

KAT1811
07-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Do you know the name of the aps you like? When I search there are tons of different aps

VWL Mom
07-10-2011, 12:28 PM
I used Lines my last trip and was happy with it. It's from Touring Plans and is included in their suscription fee ($10.99) I liked that in addition to suggested wait times there are those submitted by people actually in line. Used it a lot to check FP return times available when planning out our park attack.

Tried the free version of UndercoverTourist but wasn't thrilled enough with it to pay for the full version.

For last minute dining changes, parade info, shows, and meet and greets I used the mobile wdw website m.disneyworld.com. Worked very well and is free.

disneymom15
07-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Sorry, I'm having trouble pulling up the app store. I think they're made by VersaEdge, but not sure. I will try again later.

disneymom15
07-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Was able to pull it up on my husbands phone. It is VersaEdge. Really like those apps. They update often.

Donald
07-10-2011, 04:45 PM
I used the m.disneyworld.com website while I was there. It worked well for last minute reservations and changes.

When it came to wait times, the WDW wait times apps were somewhat accurate...it all depends if people are logging in and reporting wait times--of which I did not make time to do. I also did not constantly check my phone to check wait times...I had better things to look at than my phone!:secret:

disneymom15
07-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Just checked, the WDW dining app costs $1.99. The other two are free.

mariak
07-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Yes, I agree. I love my apps from VersaEdge Software!!! I have the “Disney World Dining” ($1.99), “Disney World Maps” (free with ads or $2.99 w/o ads), and “Disney World Wait Times” (free with ads or .99 w/o ads). However, these are now offered all bundled into one in “Disney World Magic Guide” for $4.99. These aps are WONDERFUL! As someone else posted, they really do update often and seem to just keep improving! If you haven’t checked them out yet, take a look in the App Store. There are just too many features to list. Most recently, the dining app added the menus for the carts and stands…where they used to only have the restaurants. I love that I there is a specific place to enter my dining ressies. The maps include wait times, carts, and bathrooms. And the wait times have been very accurate every time I’ve used that app.

I actually have a full page of nothing but Disney apps. One other that I like is my “OLP WDW Transportation Wizard for Walt Disney World” ($1.99). It’s made by Laughing Place Communications and the little icon is a white silhouette of a wizard on purple background. While we’ve been to WDW quite a few times, there are still instances when I’ve used it to switch things up a bit or when friends call to ask how long it will take to get from one place to another or what mode of transportation to use, etc…. I actually used it on our last trip to help someone out (that we met on the monorail). So, even if you think you know your way around, it can still come in handy.

Another app that I like, but seems to be a work in progress, is “MouseWait Social Wait Times” (I just call it “Mousewait”). I first had only the one for California by All Authentic Corporation but, recently, they released a Florida version for WDW. Yay!!! They are both free and have a TON of stuff wrapped up into one app…again, WAY too much to cover in one post but check it out. The reason that I said that it’s a “work in progress” is that it used to crash a lot (the DL app). But they have frequent updates and I think it’s getting better. But, hey, it’s free!

One last thing to mention is that my kids LOVE the “Walt Disney World Secrets Gold! Notescast” ($2.99) by TimeStream Software, LLC. It’s fun for them to read these interesting secrets and fun facts while we’re waiting in lines. There are some (80) hidden Mickeys included but the same company also offers an app for $1.99 with 150 Hidden Mickeys.

Hope you find something good in all this! I love it all and find myself randomly checking wait times while waiting for the girls to come out of school or dance, or whenever! Have a magical trip! :tink:

caryrae
07-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Just checked, the WDW dining app costs $1.99.

I like this one too. It shows the menus and prices of a lot, not sure if it's all restaurants but could be.

I kinda wish apple would put how many people downloaded certain apps that way, like with the wait time apps that rely on people to post the times, you know how many people may be using that app.

MrPeetrie
07-11-2011, 07:17 PM
I have Undercover Tourist app. This upcoming trip will be the first time using it, but it seems really comprehensive.

Patricia
07-12-2011, 03:12 PM
I have a few apps, but now that m.disneyworld.com is available and has everything including wait times, I probably won't use the others as much.

Last time we were there though... one of my apps was reporting Electric Parade that night, while the MK printed map said no parade, and the non Disney app was correct. :)

jazzy
07-15-2011, 08:24 PM
I love love love Disney World Wait Time it gives gps so it can tell you whats near you, wait time and track your favorites, WDW Park Hours tells you park hrs, the extra magic hrs for each park on each day parades, night entertainment hrs as well. The best 1 of all WDW Maps, this 1 is an interactive map of each park dont need to get one when you arrive in MK it will show where every restuarant, popcorn cart, icecream stand, character meet, all attractions and wait times for all 4 parks in Disney World. I love just calling up my sissy to tell her there's a 25 min wait for winnie the pooh. Best of all there all free.