PDA

View Full Version : food in Living with the land

MKFD43
07-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Has anyone eaten in the spinning restaraunt in the land pavillion in Epcot. We were toying with the idea of eating there on our next trip.:rocks::ambal::fireman:

Disney4us2
07-10-2011, 02:30 AM
The rotating restaurant is The Garden Grill. It is a character dinner meal with Farmer Mickey, Pluto, and Chip & Dale.

We have been there twice now and love it. The food is very good and is all you care to eat. It is not a buffet, they bring the food to your table. My favorites are the salad and the strip steak. They also have turkey and fish. When we were there the fish was Mahimahi.

Can't wait until our August trip to eat there again.

Friend of Figment
07-10-2011, 10:43 AM
It's one of our favorites. The food is very good. THe character interaction is good too. Usually your table will see the characters at least twice per meal.

steamboat willy
07-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Has anyone eaten in the spinning restaraunt in the land pavillion in Epcot. We were toying with the idea of eating there on our next trip.:rocks::ambal::fireman:

Garden Grill Here: (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/gardengrill.asp)

Garden Grill is a very good Character Meal! :mickey2::chipdale: and the Flank Steak, Chicken and Catfish are all deliss.

Spinning Restaurant is a little miss leading.
SLOW...Slow...Slow rotating is better. You do no feel any movement, but you do notice that you've moved by the new scenery on the walls and entrance location. No need for motion sick pills as you dine! ;)

Several years ago, I surprised my DW with the Re-Hitching Ceremony, then offered at the Garden Grill. (No Longer)
Our wait staff read some re-hitching vows and Mickey Mouse, ChipnDale stood in as witnesses and photos. We were also presented with a Certificate that hangs on our bedroom wall to this day. It was a great surprise to eat here and get Re-Hitched on our anniversary, with Mickey right beside us!:thumbsup:

Definitely do the Garden Grill if you haven't done so before.....No need for seat belts!

darthmacho
07-10-2011, 11:41 AM
The only meal we had there was a breakfast, and I still say it was one of our best ever. They don't seem to serve breakfast there anymore, so I'm thinking of dinner there next trip, as the atmosphere is fabulous, and the character interaction unique. You should have a good time. :mickey:

marlyn
07-10-2011, 02:52 PM
We love the Garden Grill. We have never been disappointed there!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
07-10-2011, 04:57 PM
1) The Garden Grill is good.
2) But, we actually prefer Sunshine Seasons.

Our Ratings of Sunshine Seasons:
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Sunshine Seasons is officially a Quick Service eatery.
However, they have a great variety of comfort food, soups/salads,
sandwiches, and an Asian station. They service a quick and good
breakfast. The Grill food for lunch/dinner is excellent - chicken,
salmon and pork chops. There is also a temptingly delicious pastry
counter. What more can one ask. A definite RustyScupper favorite
eatery. And, we recommend only four WDW Quick Service eateries.

faline
07-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Guess I'll go against the flow here.

Years ago, this used to be a favorite of ours - they did not feature characters with the meals back then. After they introduced character meals, we stopped going. On our last trip, two months ago, we gave this restaurant another try. Service was good. Character interaction was fun. Food was mediocre. In my opinion, there are only two reasons to come back to the restaurant - the experience of dining on the rotating platform and the character interaction.

AmandaChan
07-10-2011, 06:57 PM
I wish we could have ate here last time... I heard they use a lot of ingredients that they grow on site?

moe513
07-10-2011, 08:21 PM
We didnt like it. Thought the food wasnt that good and the seating was very uncomfortable.

azcavalier
07-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Been twice. First time, it was the worst meal that we had on property. It wasn't disgusting, just underwhelming. Character interactions, though, were awesome. Chip sat down next to my DD (8?) and teased her. Tried to put her head in his mouth, and then wrote on a napkin that "she is a nut". Get it? It was a lot of fun.

Went again last year with seven kids between 13 and 5, and the food was actually better, and the interactions were pretty good.

You won't leave thinking that it was awful, but it's not the best restaurant on site, or even this side of Epcot. We think that the Coral Reef is far, far better.

DisneyMom12
07-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I love this place!!!! The food is great, the character interaction is great. This is a must do every time we go.

alliekat
07-10-2011, 09:26 PM
We have eaten here twice and both times we enjoyed it. The characters were fun to be with and the slow rotation was a unique way to eat.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: