PDA

View Full Version : Question about upgrading to annual pass

emmatink
07-09-2011, 07:58 PM
We have a package booked right now including room at a disney resort and 6 day myw tickets. There are 4 adults and 2 children staying together in 1 room. My question is can only 2 of us upgrade to annual passes or does everyone in the room have to upgrade together? Not sure if tickets are actually separate or if it is like the dining plan where everyone in the same room has to have the same package (hope that makes sense)? Thanks for any input.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Not a problem at all! Even though you have to buy the same package for everyone in the room, once you've started your package and used your tickets, you can upgrade to different tickets or AP's without any issues.

Mickey91
07-10-2011, 12:55 AM
DH and I actually did this last year! It was the best best decision we have ever made!! We left our DKs' tickets alone and just upgraded ours. No problem at all!:mickey:

Mfarquar
07-11-2011, 09:36 AM
That's great to hear - I'm thinking about doing this when we go down in September.

How does this work? I have the free dining plan package - does this affect or prohibit upgrade options?

Do you just get the ticket value credited to the cost of an annual pass? Or, must you upgrade tickets all the way (i.e., add no expiration date) first? I've never had an annual pass, but I may be adding a trip in November. If I do that, it will be more economical to have an annual pass.

I will have an 8 day Park Hopper. I would need a minimum pass of 5 days for November. I haven't given this much thought because my November trip isn't a definite yet. But, this thread got me thinking!

Fangorn
07-11-2011, 11:39 AM
How does this work? I have the free dining plan package - does this affect or prohibit upgrade options?

It's very simple. Do nothing until AFTER you have checked in to your resort. Once you've checked in, all the restrictions about everyone having the same package no longer apply. Just go to any Guest Services location (at the Parks or Downtown Disney) and upgrade your tickets there. The full price of the tickets will be applied to the Annual Pass - you just pay the difference.

Note: with the recent price increase, this may apply to you - if you upgrade before you use the tickets they will apply the amount you paid. If you go into a park and upgrade after you've used the tickets, they will apply the current value of the ticket to the Annual Pass. Meaning, if you paid for your trip prior to the price hike, you're better off using the tickets prior to upgrading them.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Mfarquar
07-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Thanks Steve! These are FANTASTIC tips - especially about the current value of the ticket once they've been used in the park!

We paid before the hike, so this is a great tip!

Thanks so much - you made my decision easy! :mickey: