PDA

View Full Version : I was impressed yesterday

Not2Loud
07-08-2011, 08:06 PM
So, short version of this story is:

I checked into CSR Wed night about 8:30 PM and got unloading our vehicle about 9 PM. It was just myself and DD8. I was tired and put the keys in the back lock on the hatch of the SUV. I ended up getting something else out of the front so locked it from there.

DD8 and I proceeded to take things to room, change and hit the pool. We went back to room and were off to sleep. Yesterday morning we awoke at 7:15 to make the Magic Hours at Blizzard Beach. We were ready and I went to grab my keys out of my pocket in my shorts from the previous night, and much to my dismay there were no keys. I looked around the room and could not find them. I remembered what I had done the night before and guessed I had left them in the lock on the hatch. "Oh ****!!!" was my thought. I freaked out...my car could be gone..... Every thought you could imagine went through my head. I assumed the worst and was hoping the SUV was still there and someone turned the keys in. Once at the bottom of the stairs, I could see the SUV...deep breath...not stolen....we get to the SUV and the keys are still there! Granted, this is now 7:45 AM, but I was amazed. I can't not explain how relieved I was.

I made a huge dunderheaded mistake, and could have had my truck stolen.

So, why the post! I want to commend the Disney employees and Disney guests. It gives me faith that people are still good, because that was a perfect setup for someone!

I guess another reason to believe in the "Magic"! :mickey:

mariak
07-08-2011, 08:29 PM
So, why the post! I want to commend the Disney employees and Disney guests. It gives me faith that people are still good, because that was a perfect setup for someone!

I guess another reason to believe in the "Magic"! :mickey:

Amen! Thank you for posting. I think we all love hearing stories like this. I does restore our faith in people! Have a magical time! :tink:

GusNJacque
07-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Boy, do you have some serious pixie dust going on. Good for you.

Hope you have a fabulous time.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-08-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm glad to hear that all ended well. When I had my apartment, I left the keys hanging in the door a couple of times. I had the chain on, but still, I'm lucky no one broke in.

Disney Magic was at work for you.

mickeymousedabomb
07-09-2011, 10:13 AM
What a relief! I am guessing that if anyone found your keys still in the hatch, they would've turned them in to the front desk. Just a thought to keep the magic alive!:mickey:

Not2Loud
07-09-2011, 10:26 AM
It got me to thinking about the type of people that probably stay at Disney resorts.

Is there a difference between those that choose to stay on vs. those that stay off property?

This is not to make anyone sound bad or such, but it was just something that crossed my mind.

mgmnut
07-09-2011, 02:06 PM
It got me to thinking about the type of people that probably stay at Disney resorts.

Is there a difference between those that choose to stay on vs. those that stay off property?

This is not to make anyone sound bad or such, but it was just something that crossed my mind.

I would have to say no. People are people no matter where you go. You will always find some bad mixed in with the good. I have stayed on site and off site, I'm no better when I stay on site than I am when I stay off site..haha

Although, the chance of a vehicle theft is probably lower on site rather than off site because you are not in view of the general public. Off site, if Joe public is driving by and notices the keys hanging out, it is more likely someone will take advantage. Off site, I, as I am sure you, would still turn the keys in at the front desk.

I'm sure you still hear of the occasional car theft on site though.