PDA

View Full Version : Another Kidani Question

Disney4us2
07-08-2011, 07:05 PM
I am sure I will have a few more in the coming weeks.

How long of a walk is it from Kidani to Jambo House? Is it like the walk from MK to BLT?

Are there shuttles? Do the shuttles run frequently?

Christine
07-08-2011, 08:21 PM
It's not a bad walk at all. It's just not very pretty (parking lots). The bus stops list which park busses go to Jambo & it's really easy!

I don't remember but if no one else does either, I'll post again next month with the list of which bus goes where after we stay there (kidani)

sassafras
07-08-2011, 08:26 PM
If I remember correctly, the Downtown Disney bus stops at Jambo house first, then goes to Kidani. The rest of the buses pick up at Kidani first, then head to Jambo house. You can pretty much grab any bus except the Downtown Disney and ride over to Jambo House pretty quickly.

Disney4us2
07-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Are there any buses that go from Jambo to Kidani?

seanyred
07-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Are there any buses that go from Jambo to Kidani?

Yes, DTD Buses.

Simply put

If you are at Kidani to get Jambo you need a Theme Park Bus

If you are at Jambo to get Kidani you need a DTD bus

Disney4us2
07-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Yes, DTD Buses.

Simply put

If you are at Kidani to get Jambo you need a Theme Park Bus

If you are at Jambo to get Kidani you need a DTD bus

Thanks so much:thumbsup: It would be more for those walking. I will be scooting;) over. It would be more of a hassle to load/tie down/ and unload for such a short trip.

faline
07-09-2011, 04:37 PM
We made the walk a couple of time on our last trip. It's not a very long walk and is quite easy.

We also learned that there is a van that runs back and forth between the two locations. We were told we simply needed to inquire out front with the bell service staff. Sure enough, a van was available and drove up from Kidani back ot Jambo.

DizneyRox
07-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Everyone is correct... That's the way the busses run and the walk is easy/peasy... I can't think of any circumstance that it would be quicker to take a bus. The bus stop at Jambo is almost as far as Kidani it seems.

ThanxForNoticin
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Just a recommendation. If you will be staying at Kidani and think you'll be walking/scooting to Jambo House during your stay, you can request a room in one of the sections of Kidani closer to Jambo. Off-hand, I can't remember which sections those are, but the one section of Kidani can't be more than a 5-minute walk to Jambo House. If you are closer to the Kidani pool, it might be a 10-minute walk.

Disney4us2
07-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Just a recommendation. If you will be staying at Kidani and think you'll be walking/scooting to Jambo House during your stay, you can request a room in one of the sections of Kidani closer to Jambo. Off-hand, I can't remember which sections those are, but the one section of Kidani can't be more than a 5-minute walk to Jambo House. If you are closer to the Kidani pool, it might be a 10-minute walk.

Thanks:thumbsup: I have requested to be closer to the lobby for mobility purposes... filling up my mug:blush: etc. If close enough, I can walk it. We would only be going over to Jambo to check it out and get grocery items at Mara or the gift shop that the one at Kidani does not carry. It is our first time to AKL and I wanted to check out Jambo House.

DisneyDudet
07-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Be aware that the van going between the resorts stops running around 9pm. I don't know when it starts.

We didn't walk the trail, but its about a quarter mile according to most people.

The buses going to the parks stops at Kidani, then Jambo House. DTD buses stop at Jambo House, then Kidani Village.

We never had issues with transportation, we just had issues with HORRIBLE noise!

Georgesgirl1
07-18-2011, 12:46 PM
When we stayed at Kidani we were on the farthest end away from Jambo House and the walk still wasn't bad. Our 20 month old son was able to walk it without needing to be carried, so an adult or older child shouldn't have a problem with it at all!

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-18-2011, 01:40 PM
I've done more walking at my mall to my car during Black Friday madness then from our Kidani villa to Jambo house. It's about a 10 minute leisurely walk for us pushing strollers. You are walking along side the parking lot (the kidani parking under the resort - really like a "first" floor parking deck).

If you are going to Jambo to get some necessities and want to check it out, then the quick walk would be a great way to get to know the resort.