PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for exercise DVD's?

IloveDisney71
07-08-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm looking for suggestions for new exercise DVD's. I've been doing The Firm / Wave program (cardio - light weights - step) but I want to change things up a little. I'm looking for something similar to that - cardio & light weights. I need to stay with 5 pound weights because of a surgery I had a little while ago. I also have some knee problems so I need low impact type programs. So I'm looking for a cardio & light weight program to help me tone & lose about 10-15 pounds. It wouldn't hurt if it was fun too - as fun as exercising can be. :blush:
If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! :D

DisneyMomx2
07-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Walk Away the Pounds with weights. There are several so I am not sure of the exact title but it has a 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile on 1 dvd. Only uses 2 or 3 pound weights. LOVE IT!!

mariak
07-08-2011, 11:30 PM
I have always liked the Firm workouts too. Also, I used to do "Gilad's Bodies in Motion" workouts way back in high school (the 80's). It was on one of the cable channels back then. The workouts are set in Hawaii (on the beach) and provide a good mix of strength training (with and without light weights) and cardio.

A year or two ago, I was looking for workouts on TV and realized that Discovery Fit & Health (used to be FitTV) was running those old workouts...as well as newer ones. More recent are "Gilad's Total Body Sculpt" workouts. I have never purchased any of his videos or DVDs because I used to tape them and now I DVR them so that I can fast forward through the long commercials. However they are available for purchase online from his web-site (http://www.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.com/)and on Amazon.com.

Although the workouts are short (20-25 min.) after commercials are taken out, they are very effective and you can always do two in a row. I usually put some time in on the treadmill before or after to get a longer workout. If you have satellite or cable TV with Discovery Fit & Health,it would be worth a try before buying. Just be advised, some of the older ones have really dated workout attire...but it's the content that counts. Right? :lift:

UCJen
07-11-2011, 08:29 PM
If you are looking for high rep/low weights, then have a look at Jari Love. You can use whatever weights you feel comfortable using. I burn quite a few calories, considering it's a strength training work out.

My favorites of hers are:
Slim and Lean
Get Ripped to the Core
Get Ripped and Chiseled

These are all strength training DVDs, however there is one called Get Ripped 100, that is an interval type work out. There is a person who does the low-impact modification you can follow, if you want minimal impact.

IloveDisney71
07-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks for your suggestions! I'll be looking into all of your recommendations!:thumbsup: