PDA

View Full Version : Stolen 3 DS!

DVC2004
07-07-2011, 05:12 PM
What a bad week this is turning out to be. My son is in special school, he has an autism spectrum disorder. He just started his summer classes a few weeks ago in the high school building. Some of the kids have other issues there, many of them behavioral.

He got a 3DS (Nintendo hand held) from us as a grad/b-day gift. He took it to school (bad idea I agree) and today when he got on the bus he noticed it was gone. He thinks he knows who may have taken it, but he didn't see it.

I called the school and left an after hours message. It's a small class. I hope that whoever took it gives it back but I doubt it. I hope the parents notice their child has something they didn't buy for them...

Sigh! It's hard to explain to him because my son it very trusting. He was so happy to meet new "friends" in his class, then this happens. I just hope someone is honest and gives it back.

VWL Mom
07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
When DS was in a special school. He always took his DS because of the length of the bus ride. A few times he came home without a game and because he has no short term memory would say someone "stole" it.

Many times these kids "borrow" from one another, and most times parents pick up on it and send it back. Wait to see what tomorrow brings. If he doesn't get it back have the teacher send a note home that your son misplaced his 3DS so the class parents are aware.

While he was out of district, every missing item was returned. IMO these kids belong to their own private club and very rarely go out of their way to hurt one another that way.

Good luck

DVC2004
07-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks- that could very well have been what happened. My son also has a long bus ride- almost an hour and a half each way. That is why we let him bring. He used to bring his old one and never had an issue. Hopefully that's all it was and it will get back to us. Thanks for giving me another perspective.

Dulcee
07-07-2011, 05:59 PM
My nephew is in mainstream school. One day he came home from school with some legos that did not belong to him. When my sister found them he insisted he and a friend had traded for the night. My sister got a phone call from an angry parent who accused him of stealing them. When the story got straightened out it turned out the boys did indeed trade legos for a DS game for a night.

Kids don't always think through their actions. I hope his game is returned!

kakn7294
07-07-2011, 08:14 PM
I hope it comes back. Perhaps it was all pretty innocent and an honest parent will send it back. Good luck!

DVC2004
07-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Well- good news! The other student did bring the device and game back today. I told the teacher not mad at all, just glad it's back and I hope the other child is not punished. We'll keep it at home from now on. :)

VWL Mom
07-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Good news :thumbsup:

wildernesslady
07-08-2011, 01:28 PM
That's good news. The truth always manages to come out. My little guy is constantly "trading". It makes me crazy sometimes. We now have a no trade rule for certain toys.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-08-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm so glad he got it back. That kind of restores your faith in people.

DVC2004
07-09-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm so glad he got it back. That kind of restores your faith in people.

It sure does! I feel ad because I initially jumped to the conclusion that it was never coming back ...it's nice to know good things still happen and the right thing still gets done. I think it was just a misunderstanding, the other boy thought he was borrowing it and turns out he didn't even take it home. Just like all of you said. He had left it inside his desk. I think I learned a lesson too here. :)