PDA

View Full Version : A dining question, but not about the food!

x Kris x
07-06-2011, 02:29 PM
This may seem like an obscure question, but I'm trying to recall the name of a place in Orlando. I believe we ate breakfast there a few times.

The thing that makes it stand out is that all of the table places were given a little wooden versions of different peg solitaire games to keep you entertained whilst waiting. Then if you enjoyed these games you could purchase one after your meal. I was a little 6 year old then and thoroughly enjoyed some of the unique solitaire versions that I bought a few and played them on the rest of the trip.

Anyone have any idea of this location?
Thanks x

cer
07-06-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't know how old this place is, or even if it is in Orlando, but a place I know of that would have that kind of entertainment and store, is a restaurant we have called The Cracker Barrell.

Madame Leona
07-06-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm pretty sure you are thinking of Cracker Barrel.

disneymom15
07-06-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm pretty sure you are thinking of Cracker Barrel.

That's what I was thinking

wdw dude
07-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Sounds like a Cracker Barrel to me, too!

:mickey:

Cara121078
07-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Definitely Cracker Barrel

PETE FROM NYC
07-06-2011, 04:38 PM
I have seen that peg game on many different restaurant's tables, from chains to small independents.
As far as Cracker Barrel goes, ate there once, never again. UGH!!!

sassafras
07-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Definitely Cracker Barrel!

x Kris x
07-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Yay! Thanks guys :) Coming from the UK, we have no clue about what is quality US dining and what is not. If you guys say its bad, I might just buy the games and skip right outta there! T

Thanks again

sherriepaul
07-08-2011, 12:11 PM
I've eaten at cracker barrels before and never had a bad meal! Games at the tables, with good food, can't be wrong! When the cracker barrel closed out in my neck of the woods was a sad day!

Fangorn
07-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Cracker Barrel is far from bad! Granted, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but as far as good, relatively authentic, southern food goes, Cracker Barrel is pretty high on the list IMHO.

Getting decent biscuits and gravy in the Pacific Northwest is almost impossible. Cracker Barrel gives us that fix when we're at WDW.

Steve

steamboat willy
07-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Yay! Thanks guys :) Coming from the UK, we have no clue about what is quality US dining and what is not. If you guys say its bad, I might just buy the games and skip right outta there! T

Thanks again

We live in the SOUTH and we LOVE Cracker Barrel restaurants. They are a quality chain that caters to folks traveling via Interstate Routes or are lucky enough to live close by. Always located right off the exit in sight from the Interstate your traveling. Usually expect the same food items, quality (excellent) and taste of food and good stuff for traveling by car/bus or truck, regardless of what US State your traveling. Books on tape can be rented and then returned at any Cracker Barrel on your trip.
GREAT BREAKFAST - Big enough to share
Country Ham, homemade biscuts/gravy, blackberry jam, hot maple syrup....dang I'm getting hungry.
Meatloaf, Fried Chicken, Catfish, mash potatoes ...still getting hungry.
Strawberry shortcake, Pies, cakes.

Said Enough ? Don't just stop for the peg board game.......Eat Eat Eat :eat:

MNNHFLTX
07-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Oh yeah, Cracker Barrel is a staple in the South,
and the food is usually pretty good there, even the grits! ;)

NJGIRL
07-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Cracker Barrel. :thumbsup: We have never had a bad meal there. IMO meals there are heavy, but good.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-09-2011, 11:17 AM
We're another family who loves Cracker Barrel! DD enjoyed the peg game so much, we have bought our own.

We don't have any here in Canada, so it is part of our tradition, to eat on one on our way to Disney.