PDA

View Full Version : Planning Frustration long

Disney4us2
07-05-2011, 04:38 PM
I have been planning our summer July 2012 trip since last year. The group is my and my DD. Her best friend's family of 4 and another family of 5. My DD's friends family have a time share with RCI and will be trying to convert it to AKL... no problems so far with this. We had originally planned to spend the days/evenings together with meals etc.

The other family of 5, not sure if they will even make the trip even though they say they will.

The frustration comes in as the family of 4 have never been to WDW and think they can just go. They just have no clue. They have seen me plan way in advance when we go. They mentioned only going to the parks for about 3 days during the trip. Everyone has their way of vacationing. I perfer going to a park in the morning then playing it by ear for the rest of the day until dinner ADR's. With their timeshare they usually cook in the villa and swim in a pool. I just can't see that at WDW, but to each their own.

The other family have to do budget vacationing, again no problem there. I know they won't be at many of the TS with us. They have been to WDW and DCL a few years back and they know a little more than the family of 4 do.

I may just plan out my trip (another party of 2 may join us, we are both DVC members) as if they were not going and then as the ADR time get's closer include them with the ADR's. I already told the mom (family of 4) that we may not stay at AKL unless I can get a value studio with my DVC points. So we will most likely be at either OKW or BWV to save points.

I don't want to invest too much energy in planning for a large group who can not say for sure they are going, and what they want to do.

I planned our 2011 spring break trip with our friends with no problems and our August trip is with our DVC friends. It is their first WDW visit and we planned it out together as to our ADR's etc.

Right now I just feel that I should plan for us and our DVC friends and if the other's are there at the same time, bonus. We can always meet up several times during the trip.

Would you plan for the whole group or just your family?

Thanks for letting me rant. Sometimes it helps to see it in print.:mickey:

SBETigg
07-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I would plan for just my family and adapt as needed. My sister just got back from a trip with her two friends who did not want to plan anything and wanted to sleep all day and watch TV in the evenings. She was happy, because she was at WDW, but frustrated with her companions. I can see this happening when you're with people who have a completely different travel style. So at least you know you can make you and your family happy by making some plans for just you. Sorry for the frustration.

disneymom15
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
I would plan for just my family and adapt as needed. My sister just got back from a trip with her two friends who did not want to plan anything and wanted to sleep all day and watch TV in the evenings. She was happy, because she was at WDW, but frustrated with her companions. I can see this happening when you're with people who have a completely different travel style. So at least you know you can make you and your family happy by making some plans for just you. Sorry for the frustration.

I totally agree with SBETigg

FloridaTeacher
07-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I would totally plan just for my family. I might would say (to the others), "hey, I'm making ADRs for... Would you like to be included?" They can say yes or no, then when you get there you're all set and you don't have to feel guilty. :thumbsup:

We went with another family who vacationed differently once and actually ended up just meeting up with them once or twice a day. Other than that everyone went and did their own thing. Worked out well. Everyone was happy. :D:D

gerald72
07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Just plan for your own family. Don't stress over whether your friends will make it there.
They might not want to spend the entire time with you guys anyway.

Kairi_7378
07-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Plan most of your trip for your family. Maybe you can all agree on one TS meal to do together, or an evening at DTD, or something like that. Everyone vacations a little differently and it sounds like trying to force everyone in this particular group to alter their vacationing style has the potential to cause a lot of drama.

princessgirls
07-06-2011, 11:39 AM
The No-Clue Disney peeps could be problematic!!!

Ask them about having dinner together, and leave the rest to them. It's your vacation too...

Julie:mickey:

brownie
07-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I would make your plans. Let your friends know what you are doing and offer to include them. Let them know before you make your advance dining reservations, and go ahead and make them when it's time.