PDA

View Full Version : Park Hours

waymickey
07-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Why is it that the park closes so early in August? I see that MK closes the latest each night. I heard once someone said it was due to crowd levels, but that can not be the case during the summer when the park is jammed packed. I got a hopper ticket to go to a park in the morning and a park at night. But it seems like we will be going to MK every night as it is the only one open.:( MK is my favorite but I would love to see AK at night. AK is soooo hot during the day but it would be great to walk around at night after the sun went down.

Melanie
07-05-2011, 08:43 AM
You are probably out of luck with AK. Historically, it's never been a park that is open late, and they have discontinued Extra Magic Hours there (at least for the schedule that is out now through January). It's a shame too, since AK is beautiful at night!

Epcot is always open until 9pm. Never changes, unless there are EMH. I see that DHS closing hours are kinda all over the place for August, ranging from 7-9pm, which is pretty typical. If Disney anticipates larger crowds, they would probably add some hours on here.

Like we are discussing in another thread, Disney basically sees the end of summer season as July 31. The August hours reflect that.

WishingStar2006
07-05-2011, 08:59 AM
I have found (quite often, actually) that they will change the hours during the week, especially in August, depending on crowds...often the time on the disney site will be 9 or 10 but then it's changed to 11 or 12 without any fanfare!!!

That happend during my August trip last year twice!

Enjoy!

waymickey
07-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Summer ends in July?:confused:

I hope that they add hours to when we are there. 9:00pm is too early to go back and sit at the resort. I guess there is always night swimming but I'd rather be in the parks.

Why close DHS early or Epcot? I get why they do it at AK the the other parks closing early just boggle my mind. I have never seen AK at night.:(