PDA

View Full Version : Kidani Questions

Disney4us2
07-04-2011, 10:39 PM
We are getting closer to our Kidani stay in August.:cloud9:

Does the gift shop at Kidani carry snacks, milk etc? Do I need to go over to Jambo house for food items? Last trip we used Garden Grocer and hardly used any of the items we oordered. Not doing that again.

Not even there yet, but on departure. Is there a RAC at Kidani, or is over at Jambo House?

Thanks

WRWDisney
07-05-2011, 07:20 AM
I can tell you that, yes, the gift shop at Kidani does carry mil, snacks, ect. Unfortunately, I can't answer your second question. Have a great trip:mickey:

sassafras
07-05-2011, 09:47 AM
The gift shop does carry those items. I'm not sure that it's quite as large as a selection as what the one at Jambo House has. They also have a beverage station in the gift shop and at the pool bar.

dlpmikki
07-05-2011, 12:58 PM
What is RAC? Here in the UK it would be Royal Automobile Club! If you mean checkout they have their own at Kidani.

Disney4us2
07-05-2011, 03:18 PM
What is RAC? Here in the UK it would be Royal Automobile Club! If you mean checkout they have their own at Kidani.

RAC is the Resort Airline Check in. I don't know if Kidani and that or if I have to take my luggage to Jambo house for the airline check in.

seanyred
07-06-2011, 04:50 PM
RAC is the Resort Airline Check in. I don't know if Kidani and that or if I have to take my luggage to Jambo house for the airline check in.

Yes. I have stayed at Kidani and used this service at Kidani. Essential the best way to look at Kidani is that has all the same amenities that Jambo has just smaller. Except the rooms they are bigger. They both function as independent resorts. So only reason to go to Jambo is for Boma, Jiko and the Maraa.

Disney4us2
07-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Thank you all for your help:thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
07-11-2011, 10:36 PM
The above post is correct. The RAC is just next to the Registration Desk and has the same hours. When some people think about a DVC part of a WDW resort, they think its like the Contemporary and BLT. Not the case at Kidani.

Now, the gift shop is SMALL. And by small, I mean... its smaller than a studio room at the resort. They have a small selection of groceries, but I've never really seen a large selection anywhere, but its smaller than Jambo's. They have milk, some frozen meals, lunch meats, etc. They also offer limited souvies as well. The mug station is located here. There is no counter service dining location at Kidani, so Sanaa and the gift shop are really your only options here. We went to the Mara at Jambo one evening, and that was sort of a pain.

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-12-2011, 12:05 PM
I think that the store at Kidani wasn't as small as a studio... it did have a section for clothes/swim items/books/kids items. Maybe 3 or so turning fixtures with magnets, pins and such. They have a table display at the opening. Off to the right when you walk in are the food section snacks, toiletries/medicines, and wall of coolers. there is the mug filling station.

We walked over to Jambo twice and it wasn't as bad as the map makes it look. On our first night one of the cast members was leaving to go to Jambo and just happen to hear me ask for directions to walk to Jambo. He gave me a ride in the AKL van! :D The walk is about 10 minutes from door to door. You are basically walking along side of the parking structure. Actually, DH and I enjoyed that walk when we did it. pushing the kids in the stroller (sleeping of course) it felt like we were alone! - but, it was well enough lit for us.

DizneyRox
07-12-2011, 03:40 PM
I found the beverage selection at Kidani to be sad compared to the Mara at Jambo. It may have changed, but as others have said, the shop is really small. The pool area selection was similar to the gift shop at Kidani.