PDA

View Full Version : Hat and Stage

MickeysEars
07-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I tried to scan really quickly to see if anyone else mentioned this but... OMGoodness! The BIG giant stage in front of the Hat at Hollywood Studios is sooooo B.I.G. and unsightly. With the all the complaints I have read on here about the Hat and what the opinions about that were and then to put that stage there...and unless someone was on it doing something then why have it there? Is it temporary? What's the word?

VWL Mom
07-04-2011, 10:13 PM
The stage is for the Disney Channel Rocks show which normally runs 6 times a day. When we were there last week it was cancelled throughout the day because of the rain.

I'm not a fan of the placement or size either, at first I thought it was construction. Seems out of place IMO.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-04-2011, 10:49 PM
The hat doesn't bother me so the stage doesn't either. Last summer they had a summer concert on that stage that was really fun to watch and included characters running out to dance in the crowd. Not sure if that always occurs but I enjoyed that area at night because of those shows.

ChipNDale79
07-05-2011, 12:54 PM
I can't stand the hat, IMO it killed the view of the Great Movie Ride. Disney really screwed up by putting the hat where they did.

Melanie
07-05-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't mind the hat, never have. But putting that stage there is ridiculous! Let's just stack stuff up on top of each other.

They use the stage for all sorts of things though (Disney Channel Rocks, special events like ESPN the Weekend, Star Wars Weekend, etc), so I'm not really sure what the solution could be.

I thought the stage used to be temporary back when the High School Musical show was mobile and they didn't need a stage. They'd only put it up for the special events.

Stu29573
07-05-2011, 01:51 PM
The hat doesn't bother me so the stage doesn't either. Last summer they had a summer concert on that stage that was really fun to watch and included characters running out to dance in the crowd. Not sure if that always occurs but I enjoyed that area at night because of those shows.

I can't stand the hat, IMO it killed the view of the Great Movie Ride. Disney really screwed up by putting the hat where they did.

I absolutely HATE the hat. I wad so hoping that it would come down when the Wand was ejected from Epcot, but no such luck. For a company that prides itself on theming, this was a major error. The stage only makes the situation worse. Its hard to imagine yourself in old Hollywood with those eyesoars there. Major major fail.

figmagination
07-05-2011, 03:52 PM
That stage is annoying! What about taking pictures with the Photo Pass in front of the Hat?? I liked it a lot better without the stage there. Please change it back Disney...

MOJoe
07-05-2011, 04:18 PM
The big stage is a really big improvement to Star Wars Weekends. It certainly makes that special Studios Photo a non-starter, but it serves its purpose for certain special events. It is also temporary. And the good news is, for those who missed SWW, that it is scheduled to come down today, July 5th.

Melanie
07-05-2011, 04:45 PM
And the good news is, for those who missed SWW, that it is scheduled to come down today, July 5th.

The stage is scheduled to come down today?

joanna71985
07-05-2011, 09:21 PM
The stage is only temporary. Now, if only the Hat could be

ShanPooh
07-06-2011, 01:13 AM
The stage is only temporary. Now, if only the Hat could be

I agree! I really miss the view of the Chinese Theater.

Aurora
07-06-2011, 02:05 AM
The big stage is a really big improvement to Star Wars Weekends. It certainly makes that special Studios Photo a non-starter, but it serves its purpose for certain special events. It is also temporary. And the good news is, for those who missed SWW, that it is scheduled to come down today, July 5th.

Phew! That thing was really a giant pile of metal! Totally out of place and a big obstruction.

mgmnut
07-06-2011, 08:17 AM
I have not seen the stage in person...... yet! But I have always hated the hat!

The view of the Chinese Theater unobstructed is so much better. I have a picture from back in the day of us in front of the Chinese Theater, pre-hat.

MOJoe
07-06-2011, 09:50 AM
The stage is scheduled to come down today?

Yes. Maybe those who are now at WDW can confirm it. But the stage was scheduled to be taken down after some July 4th activities.

joanna71985
07-06-2011, 05:03 PM
It is coming down

07-06-2011, 05:26 PM
I miss the days of MGM and the Earfle tower being the icon. I also miss the view of the Great Movie Ride. My kids love the hat though. :D

TheVBs
07-06-2011, 05:40 PM
The hat doesn't bother me at all, but I don't think I've seen it without the hat. When did it go up? Haven't seen the stage, but glad it won't be there for our trip. I would be kind of sad if we could do our picture in front of the hat.

Daisy'sMom
07-06-2011, 06:10 PM
I miss the days of MGM and the Earfle tower being the icon. I also miss the view of the Great Movie Ride. My kids love the hat though. :D

DH has certainly missed something. When they first opened, I loved the shows, Sound Stage, and their was another one. I can't think of the name of it, but it is right there....:mickey:

MickeysEars
07-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Thank you for all the replies, well then I guess it came down 2 days after I left...The hat never botherd me either I only say it one time without soIt has always been there for me. But tht stage was ginormous!