PDA

View Full Version : Boma - kids menu?

Tinkermom
07-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Ok, our DD just turned 10. We were thinking of going to Boma when we are at WDW in a few weeks (if we can get an ADR). DD is somewhat picky and would probably just want the chicken tenders or grilled chicken. I just am having a hard time justifying spending $40 for her to eat some chicken. Anyone know if there is a separate menu where we can just order her a meal and not have her go to the buffet?

iloveokw
07-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Unfortunately BOMA is a buffet and you will have to pay the adult price. They do have a section of "kid friendly" food, but I agree that is alot of money.

gardenia
07-04-2011, 05:29 PM
After our last visit to Boma, when my 13-yr old son ate a small plate of meat and a few tiny dessert items, I decided Boma is now for me & spouse only, no kids. It's so totally not worth it for "juniors" (i.e., over 9-yr old) who aren't big, adventurous eaters!

HoosierDisneyFan
07-04-2011, 07:02 PM
I agree with your point but maybe another way to look at the siutation would be "Is it worth paying $120 (3 X $40) for your family to eat at Boma?" You could take it one step further and subtract the cost of eating at your second choice. Say to costs $25 each ($75 total). Is it worth spending an additional $45 for the family to eat at Boma? I say if you family enjoys Boma go for it, you are on vacation.

This is one reason I like the dining plan. Eating is a fixed cost (plus tip & adult beverages of course) and the cost of each reasturant does not factor into my selections.