PDA

View Full Version : One Bedroom at BLT or Two Bedrooms Somewhere else?

Mammabruski
07-03-2011, 08:27 PM
So my lovely DM, Pirate Granny, is a new DVC member (I am too technically, since myself and my sisters are also on the title, but you know - just for simplicity sake more than us helping with the purchase :secret:), and we are planning to use points for a trip June 16-24th 2012. It will be my Mom, my Dad, my sister, myself and my two girls, one of which will be under the age of 3. We have enough points for a 1 BR at BLT (any view), or for a standard view 2 BR, but from what I understand that would be pretty much impossible to get at the 7 month mark.

So what do ya'll think? My girls and I would get the bedroom (My parents offered it to us, I didn't even ask) and my parents and sister would take the living room beds.

My worry is that there just won't be enough storage space... is there only that one dresser in the bedroom? And the closet in the common room is pretty full with the vacuum, high chair and pack and play, although we will probably be using the high chair and pack and play. We are more of "the room is for sleeping" folks, but we would be coming back for naps most days. We also get along really well, as families go....

Would the extra space over-rule the awesome location of BLT? We'd either be at OKW (booking in just days :cloud9:) or possibly VWL. I'm just so torn!

Aurora
07-03-2011, 09:44 PM
The 1-bedrooms at BLT are a very nice size, and if you're planning on spending a chunk of your time at the Magic Kingdom, the extra points at BLT are worth it for the proximity to the park and being on the monorail, IMHO.

Besides the bedroom dresser, there are also Elfa-type shelves in the laundry room that really hold a lot of stacked clothing. Our family of five could have fit all of our clothing on the shelves (about five days' worth, cause we use the washer and dryer during the trip).

If you and your daughters are sleeping in the bedroom, you probably won't even need to use the Pack 'n' Play 'cause you'll have a king bed. My 6yo son slept in the king with us a couple of nights and we were fine.

The fold-out beds in the living room -- 1 single and 1 double -- are very comfortable. We were able to fold them up easily in the mornings for more space in the room.

Basically you're trading location for space for about the same number of points. If a little privacy is important for your parents, or if you're planning to spend more days in other parks than the MK, I'd go with the 2-bedroom. If not, being that close to the MK is fantastic for going back to the room in the middle of the day, and for us on our recent trip, that was why we paid the extra points.

dlpmikki
07-04-2011, 03:02 AM
A 2 bedroom at OKW? The space would be awesome and the girls can play in the living room as it is so huge. The pool is also popular with all ages with its sandcastle slide.

VWL Mom
07-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Have to say I would go for the extra space and save BLT for either a shorter trip or one with less people. Can't beat the location but 7 days/5+1 people in a 1 bdrm would be a bit tight IMO. As far as storage question, there are drawers in the living area under the TV.

tdk316
07-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Every family member needs some space... I'd go with the 2BR to help keep the good relationships. I traveled with my mom, brother, DH and two kids and thought the 2BR at BLT was tight by the end of the trip. :blush:

MinnieMommie
07-06-2011, 07:24 PM
The 1 bedroom might be pushing it even though BLT is a prime location. Have you considered getting 2 studios at BLT? You will be able to get the location and your parents and sister will be able to sleep in a bed instead of a pullout couch and conversion chair. :mickey: