PDA

View Full Version : Just realized...

Dsnygirl
07-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Well, no... I didn't just realize that my "baby" is going to be 13... what I realized is that my "baby" is not only going to be 13, she is now going to become an "Intercotee", like her mom!!! :faint:

I was reminded of this yesterday, when she sat down to read what I was reading on here, and said, "Momma, I really have to figure out my name and avatar!" And I said, "Why??" She just looked at me... then realized I was serious and said, "Next month!! Next month I get to join, did you really forget??" :blush: Yup....

So, I'm sitting here, in shock... where did the time go?? I can't believe it's almost time for her to join me here... she's been waiting for so long, but it just doesn't seem possible she's old enough [almost] already!!

7 more weeks 'til her birthday, and then I'm toast... I guess I'd better behave myself around here!! :D

Melanie
07-03-2011, 08:50 AM
As we've discussed, so many around here with kiddos hitting 13 this year. :party:

Welcome, welcome to your daughter! Can't wait to see what she picks out for her name and avatar. :mickey:

And you must be a cool mom Blythe, because my newish 13 year old hasn't even mentioned wanting to join us here in our wonderful online community. :blush:

disneymom15
07-03-2011, 09:58 AM
I agree, where did the time go! Seems like yesterday she was 5 years old & we were taking her on her first Disney trip. Now, 40 plus trips later, my baby is 21. She's bought a house & lives with her boyfriend. So yes, where has the time gone.

Mickey'sGirl
07-03-2011, 09:59 AM
And you must be a cool mom Blythe, because my newish 13 year old hasn't even mentioned wanting to join us here in our wonderful online community. :blush:
My just turned 13 year old said "No Zombies?" :)

I look forward to seeing your DD on line too, Blythe!!

buzznwoodysmom
07-03-2011, 02:13 PM
As we've discussed, so many around here with kiddos hitting 13 this year. :party:

Welcome, welcome to your daughter! Can't wait to see what she picks out for her name and avatar. :mickey:

Mel,

Maybe its a boy thing. While my oldest is still aways from turning 13, he's 11 now, he has no interest in joining Intercot either.

Melanie
07-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Mel,

Maybe its a boy thing. While my oldest is still aways from turning 13, he's 11 now, he has no interest in joining Intercot either.

I think you may be right Denise, although I can see my now 11 year old signing up when the time comes. He's more 'into it' than his brother.

Imalismom
07-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Sometimes I wish there was a machine that could turn our dear ones back to the age that we enjoyed them when they were small (that does not say we don't enjoy them at the age they are now) - Enjoy her as she approaches 13, in three years she'll be able to drive (just thought I'd throw that out there for you LOL!)

MNNHFLTX
07-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I can relate--my son was 13 when he joined Intercot and one week ago today he turned 19. Yikes! He hasn't made a huge amount of posts, but still has enjoyed being a member of the community. And he still loves Disney World as much as he ever has. :mickey:

Kairi_7378
07-03-2011, 09:32 PM
They grow up too fast!!!

(And I think that it's sweet that she is excited about joining us here... most 13 year olds are excited about joining facebook or getting into different movies! Good job, Mom!)

NJGIRL
07-03-2011, 11:21 PM

Ditto, I think my 13 year old is too busy with video games to realize that there are other uses for a computer. :D

Aurora
07-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Huh!!! My 15yo and 12yo love Disney World, and the teenager can't get enough of Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr, but neither of them can figure out why I'm on here so much. Guess they won't be joining us anytime soon either. :(