07-02-2011, 08:54 AM
FYI for those wanting to apply this year. :mickey:

ILoveLegos
07-13-2011, 03:41 PM
:thumbsup:

MizMissy
07-13-2011, 04:05 PM
:thumbsup:

ILoveLegos - how is the Mom's Panel working out? I remember reading your trip report and it sounded incredible.

ILoveLegos
07-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks for asking MizMissy!

The Moms Panel is still great fun! It has been a fabulous ride! I highly recommend it to everyone. :mickey: I'm hoping that lots of Intercoters get to experience being a part of this unique group someday.

The newest opportunity will open in September. All of us moms & dads (& aunties) are so excited as the Moms Panel is about to enter its 5th year! :mickey:

Joannelet
07-14-2011, 11:42 AM
I hope to make it someday!!! :)

PopPhan
07-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Might just have to give it another try...Have to get in on the first day, though...we travel to WDW on September 13th for 9 days!!!

Cara121078
07-14-2011, 02:40 PM
I might have to give it a try! Sounds like a lot of fun:mickey:

Jessie
08-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Can someone link me to what this is about or give me ma brief rundown?

HackLaSalle
08-12-2011, 03:42 PM
I'd like a run down too. I'm a single 20 (almost 30) something but I'd be really interested in sharing my Disney knowledge.

LottaLubes
09-07-2011, 08:48 PM
OK, here's the run down...

The moms panel is a group of moms, dads and a grandma selected by Disney to answer questions each week from guests using Disney's intranet portal which is available to us 24/7. We have quotas and in turn we are compensated with Disney perks. New panelists will be invited to a 4 night training session in December to learn the ins and outs and to meet all the new panelists and some of us "seasoned" moms (I joined the panel in 2009). For panelists that serve a full year, they will receive a vacation for a family of 4.

Additionally, some panelists will be asked to attend PR events or star in a video clip. We also participate in other events such as Disney Moms on FB on Wednesday nights this past summer and if you follow Travelocity, we are currently being featured in their daily window seat blog as they count down to Disney's 40th anniversary.

You can find us at disneyworldmoms.com (there is also a link from any page at waltdisneyworld.com).

Anyway, I hope all Intercotees consider applying! It really is a lot of fun and I am very proud and blessed to be associated with such a wonderful group of people that represent the panel. And don't be shy if you are a dad...some of our best moms are dads! :mickey:

Applications open in just a few days so get ready and good luck!!

McLiberal8
09-07-2011, 09:20 PM
I am 25, and no kids. I have wanted to apply for the Mom's Panel, as I think I would do a great job with all my Disney knowledge. I also think it would be smart to have my age group represented on the panel. I applied the 1st year with no luck - do you think they are only choosing people with kids?

LottaLubes
09-07-2011, 09:28 PM
No, having children is not a requirement! Keep applying and if it's meant to be it will happen! That is what I like about the panel, the diversity it brings so don't let anything hold you back!

One thing I wanted to mention in case you all didn't know. In addition to general panelists, there are also panelists that specialize in Disney Cruise, Adventures by Disney and Disney Vacation Club. This year the panel will be adding a panelist(s) for runDisney and DisneyLand so think outside of the box when you apply. Be yourself and let them know the unique quality you can bring to the panel.

Good luck!

McLiberal8
09-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Be yourself and let them know the unique quality you can bring to the panel.

I would love to tell them about my dedication to the brand by getting Disney tats, but I think that might be too unique for Disney :secret:

Thank you! I also saw they will be accepting essays as well as videos. I am not good @ videos, and some people spend so much time on them - do you think an essay entry would have the same chance as a video?

LottaLubes
09-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Thank you! I also saw they will be accepting essays as well as videos. I am not good @ videos, and some people spend so much time on them - do you think an essay entry would have the same chance as a video?

First, let me tell you that the panelists have no inside knowledge as to how the application process will run this year. However, if it's like last year, you will not have a choice in the matter! Since the beginning of time, first round has been three essay-type questions. Last year, I believe the requirement for round 2 was a combination of an essay AND a video. I'm not sure what the criteria will be this year but whatever it is, you will need to follow all steps and it's not necessarily an either/or. If you do have to submit a video, just remember, they want to get to know YOU, not your video editing skills!

Melanie
09-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Just throwing this out there, but it seems to me having a Disney type blog helps. ;)

ETA: Let me clarify that it seems as if it doesn't hurt if you are 'known' in the Disney social media world.

I could be totally off on that though. :blush:

BrerGnat
09-08-2011, 09:36 AM
I would love to apply for this, especially since they are FINALLY looking for some Disneyland representation, but the truth of the matter is that I wouldn't be able to attend the "training" days at WDW, as much as I'd want to. I have young kids at home and a husband that can't take off time whenever he feels like it (as well as no family around to watch my kids). It's a bummer, although I doubt I'd be "chosen" anyway.

I sort of don't get why they schedule this so that the "training" falls during the school year, when it's called the Disney MOMS panel. You'd think they'd keep that in mind. Most moms can't just up and leave their families for days at a time...

Why not do this application process in the spring and then have the training happen during a school break period?

Joannelet
09-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Can someone please post the link as to where we can go directly and fill out the forms on Sept 12th?

disney obsessed
09-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Well I just read over the rules and it appears that I am not eligable because of the trip requirements! The last trip I took was in Aug of 10. And I am going at the end of the month. But they require my last trip to be within the last 12 months. My application falls in the middle of the "ineligable" time frame.

Can someone Please clarify this? I think I am reading it correctly.

BrerGnat
09-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Well I just read over the rules and it appears that I am not eligable because of the trip requirements! The last trip I took was in Aug of 10. And I am going at the end of the month. But they require my last trip to be within the last 12 months. My application falls in the middle of the "ineligable" time frame.

Yeah, that's about right. This is their way of weeding people out right off the bat. Same as the "requirement" to be able to travel during their training period. I can't do that either, so I'm out. :(

disney obsessed
09-08-2011, 10:16 AM
:(

Disney Hungarian
09-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I am considering applying.
Here is a link.

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/recruiting/coming-soon.aspx

Joannelet
09-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Thank you for posting the direct link!

LottaLubes
09-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Just throwing this out there, but it seems to me having a Disney type blog helps. ;)

ETA: Let me clarify that it seems as if it doesn't hurt if you are 'known' in the Disney social media world.

I could be totally off on that though. :blush:

Hmmm...I think there are only a couple of panelists who had a blog prior to becoming a panelist. There could be more but those are the two I know of. I do know that most who blog now started after they were selected so they had a way to document their experiences. (Yes, I even started a blog...key word started and not maintained! But at least I was able to document my training trip.)

As far as being known in the social media world, I'm not sure about this either. We had to convince many of the moms and dads to join twitter and facebook after they joined the panel as a means to keep in touch.

At the same time, I don't think having a blog, twitter, etc. hurts in any way.

Again, we have no inside knowledge but if I were you I would apply and if you get to the point of being selected, this is something you can discuss prior to signing your contract. You're only off by a month and by the time round 2 comes, you will have your trip completed. At minimum, you would get the experience of the application process.

BTW, when are you going at the end of the month? Many of the moms/dads will be there the last weekend for a reunion. So excited!

disney obsessed
09-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Do you really think its worth a try? It is an experience i would love.

I will be there from Oct 2-4. I quess it is really next month.

McLiberal8
09-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Are you actually EMPLOYED by Disney when you are on the panel?
I have the original WDW logo tattooed on my wrist - it is my pride and joy and a great way to show my Disney love- but I am not sure if I should mention it, or cover it up.
If they want to cater to my generation, I think accepting people with all different personalities/styles/looks is smart, but I don't write the rules, and know how strict they are about tattoos with cast members.
What do you think - mention my permanent 'branding' or not?

disney obsessed
09-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Are the questions only available once the application system is officially open? I assume that they do not let you see them ahead of time so that everyone has the same time to prepare an answer.

LottaLubes
09-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Are you actually EMPLOYED by Disney when you are on the panel?
I have the original WDW logo tattooed on my wrist - it is my pride and joy and a great way to show my Disney love- but I am not sure if I should mention it, or cover it up.
If they want to cater to my generation, I think accepting people with all different personalities/styles/looks is smart, but I don't write the rules, and know how strict they are about tattoos with cast members.
What do you think - mention my permanent 'branding' or not?

No, we are not employed by Disney. We are actually considered independent contractors. And, I have to say I've never been asked for advise about a tatoo! LOL I do think we have a tatoo or two on the panel but I'm can't offer you advise on whether to mention it or not. I would say follow your gut instinct.

Are the questions only available once the application system is officially open? I assume that they do not let you see them ahead of time so that everyone has the same time to prepare an answer.

Correct - the criteria for each round will be announced at the time each round opens for applications.

Melanie
09-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Hmmm...I think there are only a couple of panelists who had a blog prior to becoming a panelist. There could be more but those are the two I know of. I do know that most who blog now started after they were selected so they had a way to document their experiences. (Yes, I even started a blog...key word started and not maintained! But at least I was able to document my training trip.)

As far as being known in the social media world, I'm not sure about this either. We had to convince many of the moms and dads to join twitter and facebook after they joined the panel as a means to keep in touch.

At the same time, I don't think having a blog, twitter, etc. hurts in any way.

Thank you, thank you for setting that straight Diane. I think I may be thinking of a few individuals in particular, which is probably who you are referring to.

Just curious, is there military representation on the panel?

LottaLubes
09-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Just curious, is there military representation on the panel?

Melanie - this is a great question and I am not aware of anyone with military background (although I could be mistaken).

TWO more days...good luck to all!

McLiberal8
09-12-2011, 09:18 AM
One of the application questions is "I love the below resort at either Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort because (finish the question in 100 words or less)".
Is this for my favorite hotel?
Sorry, it's early in the morning, and I want to make sure I am interpreting correctly.

AgentC
09-12-2011, 09:40 AM
One of the application questions is "I love the below resort at either Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort because (finish the question in 100 words or less)".
Is this for my favorite hotel?
Sorry, it's early in the morning, and I want to make sure I am interpreting correctly.

That is how I interpreted it too.

PopPhan
09-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Filled out the application, but now the site won't take it!! :mad: Hope the problem gets cleared up soon! I leave early tomorrow morning for WDW and won't be back before the window for applications closes!

EDIT: I think it may have had something to do with FireFox as my browser.....Tried on IE and everything worked fine!

Third time's the charm?!?!?!? :thumbsup:

KylesMom
09-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Filled out the application, but now the site won't take it!! :mad: Hope the problem gets cleared up soon! I leave early tomorrow morning for WDW and won't be back before the window for applications closes!

I would guess the site is currently overwhelmed with applications - keep trying! :mickey:

McLiberal8
09-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Kind of frustrated with the opportunity of only 2 questions - one about my favorite resort, and one about my resources. I couldn't hardly talk myself up, at all! :P
How did everyone else interpret this question?:
Do you engage in activities that would pose a conflict of interest with or would benefit from your participation on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel or damaging to the Disney family friendly brand? If yes, please explain below.
They are looking for a 'no' on this, correct? the 'would benefit from your participation on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel' part throws me off, as my Disney love would definitely benefit from being on the panel!

PopPhan
09-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Kind of frustrated with the opportunity of only 2 questions - one about my favorite resort, and one about my resources. I couldn't hardly talk myself up, at all! :P
Do you engage in activities that would pose a conflict of interest with or would benefit from your participation on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel or damaging to the Disney family friendly brand? If yes, please explain below.
They are looking for a 'no' on this, correct? the 'would benefit from your participation on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel' part throws me off, as my Disney love would definitely benefit from being on the panel!

I said YES to the 'benefit from your participation' and no to the rest....

It was kind of a trick question, in my opinion. They wanted you to have to put something down to explain for them....

SBETigg
09-12-2011, 02:36 PM

I wouldn't necessarily consider a yes to be a bad thing, just depends on your explanation. If I were trying to join the Mom's Panel to benefit myself, like as a way to promote book sales or my own blog, that would definitely be a bad thing for them, I think. But if I wanted to explain that I don't intend to benefit, except for the joy of encouraging people to visit Disney parks, then maybe it would be a good thing. I think a No on that question is equally safe-- they just want to know about potential conflict of interest, is my interpretation. Answering yes, I think, gives them more reason to have to examine if you can go on to the next step or if they will have to pass you up right from the start.

wilcat
09-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Is everyone getting through? I keep getting error messages and my submissions won't go through. I have tried many times now. Anyone else experiencing this?

disney obsessed
09-12-2011, 03:33 PM
I had no problem submitting but I am convinced that since my trip was three weeks over the one year mark they will automatically drop me. I felt I gave really good answers too.

They have to be able to elimate people some how. But I can dream!:cloud9:

DisneyAggies
09-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Hey, howdy, HEY!!

Just stopping by to throw some extra pixie dust to my Icot family! GOOD luck to all!!

I'm so excited to see who joins our family! :mickey:

McLiberal8
09-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Hey, howdy, HEY!!

Just stopping by to throw some extra pixie dust and my Icot family! GOOD luck to all!!

I'm so excited to see who joins our family!

Thank so much! I just submitted mine, I will be waiting with bated breath until I (hopefully) get an e-mail!

DisneyAggies
09-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Thank so much! I just submitted mine, I will be waiting with bated breath until I (hopefully) get an e-mail!

Just breathe...BREATHE!! GL!! :mickey:

PopPhan
09-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Is everyone getting through? I keep getting error messages and my submissions won't go through. I have tried many times now. Anyone else experiencing this?

What browser are you using? I tried through FireFox and had problems, then went through on Internet Explorer and it worked the first time through.....

Disney Hungarian
09-12-2011, 11:22 PM
I just submitted my application. I hope to one day be a mom........er..uncle..:mickey:

wilcat
09-13-2011, 07:09 AM
(What browser are you using? I tried through FireFox and had problems, then went through on Internet Explorer and it worked the first time through.....)

I was using my work pc and the fire wall must have been stopping it. I used IE last night from home and submitted with no problem. Good Luck to all who enter. I hope we get more Intercotee's on the board!

KylesMom
09-14-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm incredibly curious here - did everyone get the same questions? Such as "what was your favorite resort - and why?"

jennbunn
09-14-2011, 12:21 AM
I appiled yesterday. I figured that I love disney and even if I do not make it at least I tried : ) Good luck to everyone!!!

McLiberal8
09-14-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm incredibly curious here - did everyone get the same questions? Such as "what was your favorite resort - and why?"
Yep! I also got something to the point of 'how do you prep for you vacations/learn about Disney'. Those were the only 2 'essay' type questions to answer, really!

Joannelet
09-14-2011, 05:53 AM
Good luck everyone! I applied yesterday too! This is my 3rd attempt at the panel. Now I cannot wait till November!

LottaLubes
09-15-2011, 03:35 PM
In case anyone is going to be around on 10/1 and is interested in this event...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/celebrate-five-years-of-magic-and-meet-the-walt-disney-world-moms-panel/

If you sign up and receive a confirmation, please PM me so I can be sure to say hello.

disney obsessed
09-15-2011, 04:41 PM
MAAAANNN!!! I come in on the 2nd.

AntMagsMom
10-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Does anyone know when the 2nd round emails may go out?

PopPhan
10-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Does anyone know when the 2nd round emails may go out?

I believe that I read that they go out the first week of November...somewhere around the 4th....

But, I could be wrong!! LOL

Disney Hungarian
10-08-2011, 04:05 PM
I just got my rejection "form" e-mail.

wilcat
10-08-2011, 04:08 PM
I never believed in a million years I would get to round 2. I have to be on line at 9 am Monday morning to answer more questions. Did anyone else make it? I sure hope so. Let the fun begin.

Cathy

Disney Hungarian
10-08-2011, 04:10 PM
I never believed in a million years I would get to round 2. I have to be on line at 9 am Monday morning to answer more questions. Did anyone else make it? I sure hope so. Let the fun begin.

Cathy
Congrats!!! I will be rooting for ya!!

LottaLubes
10-08-2011, 04:36 PM

Cathy

Congrats and good luck with round 2!!

McLiberal8
10-08-2011, 04:42 PM
I got my rejection letter, too. :( Oh well! Wasn't meant to be!

Congrats, Cathy! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

AgentC
10-08-2011, 06:33 PM
I made it to round two too. Totally excited.

hlkeck
10-08-2011, 09:12 PM
I made it to Round 2 also. I am so excited. :mickey:

disneyfan328
10-08-2011, 09:22 PM
this is my third time trying and my third rejection in the first round:( I wonder what I am doing/saying wrong:confused:

congrats and good luck to all of those that made it! I hope that you guys get chosen for the final panel! Then maybe you can tell me what to say!

senderella
10-08-2011, 09:52 PM
I made it to round 2 as well. I honestly forgot about it and just happen to check my email a little while ago. Awesome surprise!
Good Luck everyone!

EpcotChic23
10-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Congrtas who all made the second round. Got my rejection email. Maybe I will try again next year third year might be a charm.:mickey:

mjaclyn
10-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi Everybody! Just checking in to let you know that I made it to Round 2 this year!! I'm so excited and I really hope to have some good news again in a couple of weeks when they contact those of us who make it to the final round. Congrats to all my fellow moms and dads who made it!!!

To those of you who didn't make it to Round 2 this year, I'm so sorry. My DH also received his rejection letter yesterday so it was bitter-sweet for us. Just keep swimming!! I've been applying every year since the Moms Panel began and last year was the first time I even made it past the first round...so you never know!

PopPhan
10-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Congrats to all who made it to Round 2!!!

Unfortunately, the third time was NOT the charm in my case...But, that's OK, as there is always next year!! LOL

missymouseworld
10-09-2011, 05:20 PM
No good for me either....however, looking on the bright side, we are members of the Mickey Mom's Club :mickey:.

Always next time.

Great luck to the others moving on to round 2 on Monday. Come back and let us know what type of questions you had to answers, etc.

Strmchsr
10-10-2011, 11:59 AM
I made it Round 2 also. Congrats to the rest who did. Finished filling out my Round 2 answers and video this morning. Totally didn't expect it, but it was a nice surprise. DW didn't get through, but she was happy I did. Don't expect to go any further with so many getting a Round 2 invitation, but it was fun getting that "congrats" letter. :mickey:

To those who didn't - I hope you make it next year! I would love to see the Mom's Panel filled with Intercotees.

mjaclyn
10-10-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm still working on my answers and will be shooting the video tomorrow. This has been much more difficult for me than last year! I'd love to make it as a finalist again, but I'm trying to manage my expectations and not get my hopes up! Pixie dust to everyone who's submitting their Round 2 applications this week!

Lacy
10-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Eeek, just submitted my round 2! Now waiting and trying to forget about it and not get my expectations up. I was very excited and surprised to make it to round 2.

Melanie
10-12-2011, 07:10 AM
So glad to see so many INTERCOTees make it to Round 2! Congratulations all!!! :thumbsup: I made it as well and sent in my answers and video yesterday. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Regardless of what happens, my sincere hope is that they choose someone with a military background this year.

wilcat
10-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Well I sent in my responses and video yesterday. Really am hoping to get chosen but if not I am grateful for getting to round 2. Good Luck to all those who submitted their round 2 questions. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone.

Cathy

AgentC
10-12-2011, 10:11 AM
I am jealous of everyone who has already submitted! I am just starting to work on mine today.

Best of luck to everyone in round 2. I hope someone from Intercot makes it.

mjaclyn
10-13-2011, 08:03 PM
What Panel did everyone apply for? I applied for the DVC Panel, but I'm a little nervous because we've only had our membership since 2009 and our children are still very young, we have not had the opportunity to use our points on a vacation outside of the Disney parks. We have looked into it and considered it for a few different locations around the US using the RCI exchange, but it just hasn't worked out. I actually think it would be a great idea for the Moms Panel to have some veteran DVC Members as well as some newer ones in order to get a wide variety of experiences. I can't wait to find out who is moving on! Even if it's not me, it's still really exciting!

conan617
10-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Best of luck to all our fellow Intercotees! Hopefully someone from here can help to "Let the Memories Begin!" :mickey:

LottaLubes
10-14-2011, 07:53 PM
So glad to see so many INTERCOTees make it to Round 2! Congratulations all!!! :thumbsup: I made it as well and sent in my answers and video yesterday. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Regardless of what happens, my sincere hope is that they choose someone with a military background this year.

Congrats, Melanie!!

And congrats to all that made it to round 2! Can't wait to see who moves on to round 3!

hlkeck
10-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Good Luck! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
10-17-2011, 08:40 AM
WOW! Congratulations to all the INTERCOTEES who have gone on to Round 2! Best of luck.

DisneyAggies
10-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Congrats to all (there are SOOO many!) that made it to round 2! Good luck!

To those that didn't make it...don't give up...the 3rd time was the charm for me!
:mickey:

iheartdisney
10-24-2011, 08:54 PM
:mickey:FIrst, I want to say congrats to all my fellow intercotees who made it to round 2! It's so nice to know that we all "knew you when!"

But I'm curious........what do you think they're looking for on that first ap? I applied but got my reject email a week or so ago.I tried to sell myself (in 100 words or less) with the questions they've provided. I've been going to WDW about every 18 months since they opened in 1971. I help friends and family plan trips. I have children that range in ages from 7-19. I've gone pregnant, with infants and elderly relatives. I've chaperoned (as a teacher) school trips. I thought I'd be at least worth a second look. :(

disney obsessed
10-25-2011, 09:26 AM
We are worth a second look! I did not make it either. I want to think that it was because I had been there three weeks short of the one year cut off for last attendance. However, it could be anything.

I love DW. I will help those who ask. If I never make it to Moms Panel, that's OK. I still have my own Panel within my circle of friends and aquaintances that I will faithfully serve. :thumbsup:

Patricia
10-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Yay! Congrats to all of you moving on to round 2!

:mickey:

Melanie
10-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Well, we are all still waiting patiently. No word yet on those moving on to round 3. :)

Melanie
11-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Strong buzz that today is the day those moving on to Round 3 will be announced. :pixie:

BEST OF LUCK to all our INTERCOTees!!! So excited for you all. :cheer:

Melanie
11-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Okay, emails have gone out.....I did not move on, but hoping to hear that we have many INTERCOTees who did. What's the word? :fingers:

Melanie
11-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Oh, and I did want to add that I'm in the camp that agrees that the subject line for these rejection letters was very poorly planned - "You Are One Of The Very Few Who Made It This Far". I'm sure that got one, or hundreds, hopes up.

AgentC
11-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Oh, and I did want to add that I'm in the camp that agrees that the subject line for these rejection letters was very poorly planned - "You Are One Of The Very Few Who Made It This Far". I'm sure that got one, or hundreds, hopes up.

I am out too, but hoping for everyone else. I agree that the subject line could have been way better. :)

wilcat
11-04-2011, 07:31 AM
That subject line is very deceiving. I looked at it and thought they were going to tell me a phone call would be coming soon to set up a phone interview. What a let down. I did not make it and am not sure if I even want to try in the future. Not sure what the are looking for but it isn't me. Hopefully someone will come along with good news soon.

Cathy

Lacy
11-04-2011, 09:31 AM
I too got the 'You Are One of the Very Few Who Made it This Far' email and agree that it was a bit deceiving. Still a fun experience and I will try again next year. I applied for the RunDisney rep but I think having only completed one RunDisney race counted against me.

Strmchsr
11-04-2011, 10:13 AM
You guys got more than I did. To quote Charlie Brown, "All I got was a rock." Didn't even warrant the "so sorry" email. Ah, well. Teaching leadership classes for Disney I get to go down pretty often anyway. :mickey:

Patricia
11-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Well, boo to that. I think any of you would have been an excellent choice to continue on. Keep trying!

Anyone else?

Melanie
11-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I'm quite sad to see no INTERCOTees apparently made it through, especially since it seems they are adding even more folks than usual this year with the sub-panels. :(

MinnieMommie
11-04-2011, 11:23 PM
You guys got more than I did. To quote Charlie Brown, "All I got was a rock." Didn't even warrant the "so sorry" email. Ah, well. Teaching leadership classes for Disney I get to go down pretty often anyway. :mickey:

Maybe you didn't receive the "so sorry" email because you are moving on to the next round...that would be so cool... Maybe you will be getting a phone cal??

Strmchsr
11-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Maybe you didn't receive the "so sorry" email because you are moving on to the next round...that would be so cool... Maybe you will be getting a phone cal??

That would be cool, but still nothing in my email box. I searched around for that possibility and folks on some other sites that are moving on to R3 got an email yesterday.

MinnieMommie
11-05-2011, 04:09 PM
That would be cool, but still nothing in my email box. I searched around for that possibility and folks on some other sites that are moving on to R3 got an email yesterday.

No news is good news. Keep checking and check your spam too! Good luck!!

Melanie
11-06-2011, 11:15 AM
So we haven't heard from hlkeck, mjaclyn or senderella. Hopefully one of them has some good news! :mickey:

Melanie
11-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Looks like the final choices were made today. I had been following the adventure of a fellow Marine spouse who made it to round 3, but sorry to say she didn't make it.

brdavis
11-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Well, I'm not sure if any INTERCOT folks made it (there's still a few that haven't chimed in yet, right?), but...

At least it looks like the WIFE of a (very very junior sub-grade) INTERCOT member made it! My DW missed *four* phone calls, and then the next day got a video in an email (where Crush & Laura great you!), but still ironically hadn't gotten an actual call. Well, the *actual call* came today! So she will be WDW-bound come Dec!

Yes, she's excited. Yes, I'M ECSTATIC!!

--
Brian Davis
(very proud husband of an amazing women!!)

ILoveLegos
11-21-2011, 08:40 AM
That is wonderful news Brian! May I be among the first to convey a mega congratulations to you both here at Intercot!!! :yay:

What a wonderful way to learn about your achievement through the email & from Laura & Crush! That is so cool! :cloud9:

Your wife is going to have a ball in training and throughout the entire Moms Panel experience! I know, because I sure did! Congratulations again! :mickey:

Johnetta

faline
11-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Well, I'm not sure if any INTERCOT folks made it (there's still a few that haven't chimed in yet, right?), but...

At least it looks like the WIFE of a (very very junior sub-grade) INTERCOT member made it! My DW missed *four* phone calls, and then the next day got a video in an email (where Crush & Laura great you!), but still ironically hadn't gotten an actual call. Well, the *actual call* came today! So she will be WDW-bound come Dec!

--
Brian Davis

Congrats to your wife!! How exciting!!

brownie
11-21-2011, 09:02 AM

--
Brian Davis

Congrats to your wife!

Mickey'sGirl
11-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Congratulations!

Melanie
11-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Super congrats to your wife!!! :thumbsup:

EpcotChic23
11-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Congrats to your wife and your whole family for this great achivment!!!!

brdavis
11-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Thank you all (from my wife) for the wonderful congratulations! She's very excited, and falling rapidly into the amazing busyness of preparing for training (ulp! just weeks away!), but it's wonderful to have communities like this to share with... and to have folks share with us!

To every one who tried, and didn't make it... it doesn't matter if you didn't make the first cut, or made it right up to the very last... please try again next year! There are so many people here with so much to offer that I suspect Disney's biggest problem is trying to select people from the FLOOD of viable applicants... and the wonderful thing is even if Disney can't accommodate everyone, the interaction on boards like this does the same thing for MANY of us (it wouldn't surprising me if watching fan communities like this is what gives corporations like Disney or LEGO, which I've participated in similar things, the idea).

The people here may not be on the Official Disney Mom's Panel (yet!)... but you are all Disney experts, and wonderful ambassadors for the Magic :)

I'd love to tell you all just "how she did it", etc... but my DW didn't have any tricks or tips. She was simply herself. Even the video interview (which we aren't allowed to repost I fear) was a simple "camera on a tripod, write it out briefly beforehand" affair (OK, one tip: a scrolling movie of your "script", playing on a laptop or iPad held up right behind the camera by your camera assistant, makes a dandy teleprompter). I have no idea what Disney uses to make cuts (how would you ever sort through 20k entries to get down to even a couple hundred?!?). But I suspect in the end, what they are looking for is something they are going to find in the genuine "you".

--
Brian Davis