PDA

View Full Version : Countdown ideas...

Cara121078
07-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Does anybody have any fun ideas for me to countdown the days until our trip with my kids? They are 5, 6, 8, and 9. Ok, I'll be honest I need something to keep me occupied as well.:blush: It's been 4 years since our last trip, so it feels like we haven't been there in an eternity. We only have 42 days to go!!!:mickey:

faline
07-01-2011, 05:13 PM
I've heard of folks who have used a paper chain - removing one link each day; Disney stickers to put on the calendar; or creating something like a advent calendar with a little treat waiting each day.

CajunDisneyDad
07-01-2011, 05:53 PM
The only thing we ever used was the Countdown timer you can get from Intercot :) but then again DS is 2 so he has no concept of time yet...but boy it is depressing when it say something like 200 days til your trip lol

We LOVE Disney
07-01-2011, 08:49 PM
I did a paper countdown once. I took Disney trivia or facts and had 1 per day. It was just a fun thing to read while waiting to go.

One year, I copied and pasted the pictures from our DIsney trip from the year before and had a page a day countdown like that. That was my favorite one so far :mickey:

magicalmom
07-03-2011, 10:21 PM
How about one of those little block-like calendars, with one page per day (a Disney one would be best, of course!) Break it off so the last day is the day you will leave. Then you could have a ritual of removing a page at the end of each day. When you get down to only one page left - make sure you're packed and get to bed early, because tomorrow's the big day!

Dragongirlx
07-04-2011, 03:49 AM
we have a sheet broken down into the days left to go and stick a disney sticker on everyday, taking turns of course. It lots of fun deciding what sticker to use and at the end we have a chart full of stickers we can put in a scrapbook