PDA

View Full Version : People Watching

indytraveler
07-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Another thread prompted this one. Not sure if this has been done before but here goes...

We all people watch while we are at WDW. Whether we are sitting and resting or standing in our favorite queue. Do you have a favorite spot? Play games like what do they do for a living, or tell me abouth him or her.

Our family's favorite spot is right outside the ice cream parlor on Main St. We usually get our cones after the parade and eat them and watch all the families head out the park. One game we play at this time is Who had a better day?

We usually look for the parents who are most worn out pushing strollers of kids who are fast asleep and the parents get extra points for having a joyful feel about themselves. After all you just spent a day at a WDW Park, the Happiest place on the face on the earth!

Lets hear about yours...

IamBelle
07-01-2011, 07:53 PM
I people watch all of the time at WDW...it can be almost as entertaining as some of the actual attractions! I am not a big fan of rollercoasters, but a lot of my family members are so I usually sit right outside the coasters with a snack and just...observe. :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-01-2011, 08:08 PM
We enjoy a cup of coffee and some people watching in DHS...if you go down Hollywood Blvd. almost to Mickey's sorcerer's hat, there are some benches in front of some shops/restaurants there and it is a good place to people watch.

honeebee86
07-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Ok so this might be a mean one but my husband and I love doing this. We like to sit just outside the magic carpets of Aladdin where the camel is that spits on those walking by the attraction. We like to bet who doesn't know or realize the camel will spit and bet who is going to walk straight into it. We have seen some really funny reactions. The best ones are children that figure it out before parents or grandparents do and they trick them into standing right in the target zone. :mickey:

eire
07-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Standing on the bridge to Tomorrowland watching people take pictures in front of the castle is a lot of fun. Sometimes I even offer to take a family's picture; it's a great spot to watch happy people!

Fastpasssteve
07-02-2011, 01:34 AM
We like to watch families with young children and, based on how distraught the children are and crazy the parents are acting, estimate how many hours ago they SHOULD HAVE gone back to the room for a nap.

darthmacho
07-02-2011, 09:39 AM
I almost never people watch at WDW, as I'm too focused on the parks and their details, however, there's almost always a person that stands out in the crowd, like the older gentleman we saw sitting on a bench in AK, wearing a hat shaped like a giraffe head, and he was sitting there so deadpan, like it was the most normal thing in the world!
Another one was on our first trip, when we got home, we had a wide shot of Main Street facing the train station, and there in the picture was a man dressed like Fred Flintstone! That's all I have to say about that. Finally, of course, at least once in each park day, there's always at least one inappropriately underdressed woman, and let's face it, being a dude, it's difficult not to look. :blush:

BrerSchultzy
07-02-2011, 11:57 PM
My wife and I like to play "Who's Going To Regret Wearing Those Shoes". Still astounded at the number of high heels you see in the parks.

Daisy712
07-03-2011, 12:21 PM
I people watch inside the store after you exit Rock 'N' Rollercoaster. I am usually waiting for my family when they have gone through the single rider line. I like to stand near the area where the rocker wigs are in a bin. You wouldn't believe the number of times a wig is put on head after head. :ack: When my daughter is with me, we usually guess the person in the group who will put on the wig. I know it is gross, but funny at the same time.

WDWdriver
07-03-2011, 01:00 PM
I like sitting in one of the rocking chairs outside Tony' Town Square restaurant watching guests get their first look at Main Street and the castle.

moe513
07-04-2011, 09:37 AM
From our balcony at bwi. we use the balcoy more when there is action and people to watch. we watch the magic express, box trucks with lugggage, taxis, cm etc.

magicofdisney
07-04-2011, 09:58 AM
I almost never people watch at WDW, as I'm too focused on the parks and their details, however, there's almost always a person that stands out in the crowd, like the older gentleman we saw sitting on a bench in AK, wearing a hat shaped like a giraffe head, and he was sitting there so deadpan, like it was the most normal thing in the world!
Another one was on our first trip, when we got home, we had a wide shot of Main Street facing the train station, and there in the picture was a man dressed like Fred Flintstone! That's all I have to say about that. Finally, of course, at least once in each park day, there's always at least one inappropriately underdressed woman, and let's face it, being a dude, it's difficult not to look. :blush:
We too don't make people watching a habit. However, just like you there are some people you can't help but take notice. Although I've never had the nerve to ask I ALWAYS wonder what compels a woman to dress so inappropriately at a family park full of children (or anywhere for that matter).

Checkers
07-04-2011, 03:57 PM
:mickey:We love to people watch and our favorite spot is the bench right outside of Chefs de France in Epcot. Depending on time of day we usually get some ice cream or a glass of bubbly from the kiosk. We too check out the footwear!

Figment104
07-05-2011, 12:17 PM
One of our favorite things to do is to sit back and relax and take in our surrounds including the people, we also call this doing research though lol. We paid particular attention to the strollers and baby/kid gear that people used on our last few trip since we figured we'd probably start having kids in the next few years. Well, it's now finally happened, we're expecting our first little one in November and I already know what type of umbrella stroller and such we want to take when we take them to Disney. People thought we were nuts but really where else can you see almost every stroller availble out there and see how they work in the real world setting :blush:

jenperich
07-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Well, it's now finally happened, we're expecting our first little one in November and I already know what type of umbrella stroller and such we want to take when we take them to Disney. :blush:

Congrats!!! That's so exciting. Best wishes.

Tinkerbella16
07-06-2011, 03:22 PM
We also love just grabbing a bench somewhere and relax and people watch. The best is when you see those women in stiletto heels.. to each his own, but I cant even wear a NEW pair of sneakers to WDW.. they must always be broken in first lol. Also those excited little kids that you can just tell its their first trip.. and remembering how excited I was when I was 6 yrs old on my first trip. :mickey:

FenwayGirl
07-06-2011, 04:27 PM
I love to sit by the slushie cart in France...sipping Grey Goose slushies at dusk. It is fun to see how people relate to each other...:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
07-06-2011, 07:44 PM
mentioned these before, but i like this post...

I have two real spots.
1. Tokyo Dining. I like to sit either near the sushi chefs, but the window spots are perfect because you can watch people go by through the World Showcase. It's nice and quiet there, and perfect for people watching.

2. Value Resort Poolside Bars. It's always nice to sit after a day in the parks and chat with strangers or just watch all the people go by. I always meet such nice people from all over while sitting there. It's one of my favorite parts of my stay.

kemps@wdw
07-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Our game of choice..."What Were They Thinking?" This can apply to numerous situations. Such as...Clothing, (or sometimes lack thereof), child interaction, (ie: ignorable or over-reaction to the inevitable melt-downs), domestic disputes (in public-@ WDW-really?), PDAs (as in, do they need a room?), and obnoxious behavior (c'mon, do you really NEED to cut in line?) This game can be played anywhere on WDW property, parks as well as resorts. All that is required is a seat, a snack or beverage, and a short waiting period. People watching can be extremely entertaining! :D