PDA

View Full Version : First Trip to DL - Day 2

clausjo
07-01-2011, 11:23 AM
This morning we had a character meal planned – Breakfast with Minnie and Friends (or something like that) in the Disneyland Park. We arrived at the restaurant a little bit late for our reservation, but were admitted without any problem. This was a very different experience then the character meals I’ve been to in Orlando. First, you pay in advance and I was told that there was no tipping. We were each given a Breakfast with Minnie button, the kids could take a balloon, which only Molly did, and then were shown to our seats. The food wasn’t the best, but the character’s were amazing! We saw 12 different characters. Each one spent a decent amount of time with us and were really great! There was Max (Goofy’s son – who Matt was so excited to see. A Goofy Movie is one of his favorites!), Eyore, the Fairy Godmother, Captain Hook, Gepetto, Rafikki, Baloo, Minnie, Tigger, Chip, Dale and Honest John from Pinnochio. We’ve been to many character meals in all the years I’ve been going to WDW and we’ve never seen so many characters before. It was well worth the money and both kids declared this as a must do every time we come back. One of the CMs also told us that the characters change all the time, but there’s generally that many of them there.

After a filling breakfast, we were off to do the things we didn’t get to do the day before. We wanted to concentrate on the rides that they don’t have in Orlando and were able to accomplish pretty much everything we wanted to and then some. I think the only things we didn’t do were the Tikki Room, Peter Pan, the submarines, and maybe one or two other things. I got to see Captain EO for the first time in many, many years and, although it’s cheesy, I enjoyed it. The kids liked it also, though chose not to do it again when given the option later in the trip.

We ended up going to CA park for dinner, went on Soarin because we skipped it the day before and then called it a night. Again, thanks to the GAC, we were able to do everything and had another day with no melt downs!

tinkwest
07-02-2011, 09:48 AM
My kids loved Goofy's Kitchen (the only Disneyland character meal when they were little) and it wasn't about the food. It was the characters and their personal interaction with us. Glad you had a fun time with Minnie & Friends! :minnie2:

Disney4us2
07-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Wow. We were at Minnie and Friends last October. Didn't have that many characters. Like you said food was ok but the characters make it so worth it.

pdrlkr
07-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2: